General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 16: August 2016 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here they still (privately) mark the anniversary by giving each other an appropriate gift. But I haver to admit, the idea of marking twelve and a half, twenty-fifth and fiftieth anniversaries in such a way as the Danes do is a lovely tradition.

Just think how so many younger people are so wrapped up in celebrity marriages that don't seem to last very long would find themselves easily reminded that this is the real world where such anniversaries are to be celebrated and enjoyed.

I have to admit that the 12½ year anniversary is my favourite because it speaks to an expectation of 25 years rather than celebrates what is past like the 1st, 10th, etc.

Crown Prince Frederik had an accident yesterday, October 13. According to a statement of the Palace he suffered from a "fracture of the cervical spine" while using a trampoline. "The fracture is treated with a neck brase" that he is supposed to wear for around 12 weeks, although he won't attend a reception today, it is expected that the injury won't affect any future engagements:

** kongehuset.dk: H.K.H. Kronprinsen kommet til skade ** translation **

:previous: playing around and showing off to your kids, yep sounds about right.

Hopefully he has a quick recovery:flowers:

I wish a speedy recovery to our Frederik too :)

It happened yesterday afternoon as he was to the gym with Prince Christian. They are dangerous those trampolines.... There is thousands of accidents each year.

But good it wasn't worse. At present it is not expected that the accident has any implications on the Crown Prince's other official activities :flowers:

A little sad Frederik had to rest today during today's reception at Christiansborg. I bet Frederik had looked forward to that one.

I wonder if we will see Frederik, Mary and the children drive to Trend now in the family's Autumn holiday after the accident?
The family has one week's vacation starting from today. We will to see... otherwise it's must be a cozy week chilling out on the couch to Netflix. A bit sad is it, right up to the family's holiday.

You can sure tell this is Friday before the Autumn holiday!

The papers have gone on over-drive about Frederik accident.
Here is BT listing DRF accidents: Trampolin-skade, voldsom trafikulykke og brækkede ribben: Kronprinsen er ikke den første - her er de kongeliges værste skader og ulykker
2016 - Frederik - Fractured neck.
2015 - Josephine - Broken arm.
2013 - Felix - Laceration to his calf.
2010 - Nikolai - Banged his face against a glass-door.
2009 - Frederik - Injured his leg in a skiing accident.
2008 - Benedikte - Injured in a skiing accident.
2001 - QMII - Broken ribs.
1988 - Joachim and Frederik - Car accident. Frederik had a broken collar-bone. But this one was a close call! The car ended up in a river.

Thanks, Iceflower.

And a follow up: Kronprins Frederik har fået brud på halsrygsøjlen: Prins Christian så sin far styrte på trampolinen

Frederik actually injured himself in front of Christian, but the situation was undramatic and taken care of professionally.

I believe Christian, who is just as big a sports-fan as his dad, attends calisthenics, so perhaps Frederik was showing of? Which is something dads tend to do... :p

So Muhler-What is the Danish translation for "Hey kids! Don't try this at home!":D

Frederik was extremely lucky, he could have been critically injured and paralyzed especially with neck fracture. Queen Margrethe gently chided her son's accident at the ceremony for the Olympic athletes.

So Muhler-What is the Danish translation for "Hey kids! Don't try this at home!":D

:p
Lad nu vær'! Det er dumt! Møj, møj dumt!

Seriously, I don't think we have a direct equivalent to that warning.

An article from ekstrabladet on how the news has gone international.
We also learned that Frederik after the back flip got up on his own and placed ice on his neck, then he walk away and was driven by his PET officers.
Frederiks trampolin-ulykke går verden rundt – Ekstra Bladet

they also have a photo of Amalienborg today, and there is no flag so the family is probably celebrating Christian's birthday elsewhere :flowers:

I think we all struggle with getting old and what it does to our normal shtick. I have a good friend who is a grandad in his 50s and still does cartwheels and round-offs with the grand-kids. He always regrets it the next day. And, yes, he could break something, but it also makes him happy!
I think all Freddie needs is a spotter and he can keep doing this. :lol: Mary needs to learn to spot!

An article from ekstrabladet
We also learned that Frederik after the back flip got up on his own and placed ice on his neck, then he walk away and was driven by his PET officers.
Frederiks trampolin-ulykke går verden rundt – Ekstra Bladet

they also have a photo of Amalienborg today, and there is no flag so the family is probably celebrating Christian's birthday elsewhere :flowers:

Thanks Polyesco :flowers: Yes no flag means that the Crown Prince family is not at home. I think we can be pretty sure that they have driven to the Trend hut and enjoy their autumn holiday there.

We can also read another witness on EB's Facebook who says that not only did Crown Prince Frederik himself walked out to the car with a little bag of ice on his neck, he also first got into the car after having greeted and talked to the children who stood outside the hall. And that it was not dramatic at all.

And with the Crown Prince family having left Amalienborg to take on autumn holiday somewhere (probably Trend) I think we can be confident that Frederik is very okay already.

Last edited:
New delightful pictures of the Crown Prince Family :wub:

On the occasion of the Crown Prince Couple's copper wedding, November 14, announces Post Greenland today a new stamp.

A new photo of the Crown Prince couple and their four children in national costumes will from today be the subject of a new stamp in Greenland. The stamp marks the Crown Prince Couple's copper wedding on November 14th 2016. The ceremony in May 2004 took place in Copenhagen Cathedral and the wedding festivities were held at Fredensborg Palace.

Photographer: Steen Brogaard ©

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=152ff343478fa0de8694ce6f476e8314&oe=586371EA

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...325_365535883784999_8881338413288524128_o.jpg

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f2d97666064ee6279e5deffa4e3bc1de&oe=589AE439

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d17d5f483fcadf21fdaf865c28c8fd2d&oe=5897D836

Read more about the new Crown Prince Family's Greenlandic Stamp here:

Nyt grønlandsk frimærke | Kongehuset

Last edited:
Four lively children milling about = spontaneous and natural photos.

Great photos indeed.

What lovely new photos of the happy Crown Princely Family for the Greenland stamps.

Yes they are lovely photos but were they not married in May 2004? Is copper in Denmark the anniversary for 12 and a half yeas?

The photos are fantastic. I love this family, is very beautiful.

Yes they are lovely photos but were they not married in May 2004? Is copper in Denmark the anniversary for 12 and a half yeas?
Yes, it is 12 1/2 years. See post #27 on the previous page where Muhler shows how it is celebrated in Denmark.

We can also read another witness on EB's Facebook who says that not only did Crown Prince Frederik himself walked out to the car with a little bag of ice on his neck, he also first got into the car after having greeted and talked to the children who stood outside the hall. And that it was not dramatic at all.

And with the Crown Prince family having left Amalienborg to take on autumn holiday somewhere (probably Trend) I think we can be confident that Frederik is very okay already.

that is great to hear Roskilde. Not as dramatic, especially since Christian was with him. Glad he was able to walk out on his own.

On the occasion of the Crown Prince Couple's copper wedding, November 14, announces Post Greenland today a new stamp.

A new photo of the Crown Prince couple and their four children in national costumes will from today be the subject of a new stamp in Greenland. The stamp marks the Crown Prince Couple's copper wedding on November 14th 2016. The ceremony in May 2004 took place in Copenhagen Cathedral and the wedding festivities were held at Fredensborg Palace.

what a lovely surprise!
this pictures are really cute, especially the one of Vincent rolling on the chair
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d17d5f483fcadf21fdaf865c28c8fd2d&oe=5897D836
some happy kids

a bigger picture of the family
http://sermitsiaq.ag/sites/default/...ede_2016-10-17_kl._12.49.56.png?itok=he3-kzqK

article about the stamps
http://sermitsiaq.ag/tele-post-lancerer-nyt-royalt-frimaerke
"- Everywhere in Greenland, there is great enthusiasm and interest in our royal family. In recent years, it is increasingly the royal couple and their children, which has attracted the most attention. It is obvious that the royal couple and their children also have warm feelings for Greenland and the Greenlandic people. It was later confirmed by the Crown family's visit to Greenland in the summer of 2014, writes Tele-Post."

Last edited:
I dont understand the rolling chair picture at all.

The pictures are lovely but there is no warmth to them, maybe it's the cold white background which makes the images looked photoshopped on.

Photographer: Steen Brogaard ©

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=152ff343478fa0de8694ce6f476e8314&oe=586371EA

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...325_365535883784999_8881338413288524128_o.jpg

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f2d97666064ee6279e5deffa4e3bc1de&oe=589AE439

Read more about the new Crown Prince Family's Greenlandic Stamp here:

Nyt grønlandsk frimærke | Kongehuset

these are very cute!

It would be lovely to see a family trip to the Faroe Islands. I loved the 2005 visit and it would be great to see the kid's visit.

I dont understand the rolling chair picture at all.

The pictures are lovely but there is no warmth to them, maybe it's the cold white background which makes the images looked photoshopped on.

What is to understand about it?! A small boy running wild rolling with a chair present....! Never seen it?

IMO from these photos goes great warmth and love out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom