Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's First Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you think Mary will have a girl or a boy?

• A girl

Votes: 131 59.0%
  • A boy

Votes: 91 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anijonet said:
A boy: Joachim Etienne Henrik Christian
A girl: Margrethe Benedikte Alexandra Mary
That' s the names of the nice people whos always save Frederiks royal ass!

What do you mean by that ??????

If Frederik and Mary have a daughter, I think that they could possibly use the names:
- Margrethe
- Ingrid
- Alexandrine
- Henrietta
- Mary
- Elisabeth
- Astrid

If they have a son, his name most likely will be Christian (if they follow the tradition). I think that they could also use the names:
- Frederik
- Henrik
- John
- Ingmar
- André

why Ingmar. That is so swedish. i think Christoffer or Valdemar would be a great name if they dont follow the tradition

I thought Ingmar was Danish. Valdemar would be a nice name.

Boy: Christian Henrik Frederik John
Girl: Mary Astrid Henrietta Margrethe Desirée

Initially I voted a girl, since I would like for them to have a princess, but a while ago the danish newspaper BT showed some pictures of clothes Mary has bought for the baby, and most of it was grey and looked sort of 'boyish', so now i'm guessing (ONLY guessing) that Mary will have a boy.

A little GIRL for Mary&Fred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grecka said:
I have a feeling it will be a boy. I know I'm in the minority, but I tend to think that the recent string of female births in the royal houses will be broken in future months.

I agree with grecka. I vote boy.

boy for mary=- fred's all male in the family and the gender always takes from father and not from mother.

if it's a girl - she'll be the first female to be born with a right to the Danish throne, and the title Prinsesse til Danmark (Princess to Denmark) as opposed to Queen Margrethe and her sisters and Princess Elisabeth who were all born without a right to the throne and therefore titled Prinsesse af Danmark (Princess of Denmark).

I'm hoping for a girl, personally. Queen Margrethe and Prince already have two grandsons and a Princess hasn't been born in Denmark in almost 60 years!

I also hope for a girl...And the recent project from the Danish government to change the succession law(to allow the eldest child whatever the gender to be the heir(ess) made me think it will be!;)

I think it'll be a girl. Plus they are changing laws for girls to have same rights to the throne :)

girl Louisa Astrid Elizabeth Margaretha

boy Christian Joachim Henrik Haakon

I meant what I said!
His family is always, taking the blame, doing his job, doing everthing for him.
It's about time he grows up, and says thanks!

Re;

What about Dagmar? Or Ingrid?

I think Ingrid will feature in the girls name. Of Course, for a boy, I'd put money down that it will be Christian.

There are a lot of people possible to become a godparent to this baby. Crownprincess Victoria and Crownprince Haakon are very high on the list. The bonds between Sweden/Danmark and Danmark/Norway are very strong and making Victoria and Haakon godparents might emphezise this. Mary's father, sisters and brother are also high on the list. I wouldn't be surprised if Mary would like to have at least one member of her family to be a godparent to her firstborn. And maybe they are considering some friends as well. I guess a lot will also depend on the sex of the baby unless the change in the Danish constitution will be finalised. I guess a 50/50 thing would be perfect: 50% of the godparents royal and 50% not royal. Well, I guess it's up to Frederik and Mary to decide!

If it is a girl I'd really like Thyra as one of the names- it's been used in the Royal family for ages, and extremely historical - Queen Thyra was married to King Gorm the Old, son of HardiCanute, and both of them are mentioned on the Jelling Stone.

It would be nice to tie in some of Denmark's past, present and future in the name.

Re:

Thyra would be wonderful!

Queen Thyra.

I think it's amazing that we've all decided that we want her to have a girl! Come on everybody, lets send out waves of love and oestrogen!

The sex of baby was decided at conception...so whether we want Mary to have a girl or a boy, we'll just have to wait and see!

Anijonet said:
I meant what I said!
His family is always, taking the blame, doing his job, doing everthing for him.
It's about time he grows up, and says thanks!

And wher do you know that from ???

As fare as i can se you are currently staying at the Dominican Republic so do you really know wher Denmark is in the world ?
Queen Margrethe,Prince Henrik,Prince Joachim, Princesse Alexandra and CP Mary has NEVER done CP Frederiks work.
The next time you are comming with an accusation you migth think it insted of saying it.

H.M. Margrethe said:
And wher do you know that from ???

As fare as i can se you are currently staying at the Dominican Republic so do you really know wher Denmark is in the world ?
Queen Margrethe,Prince Henrik,Prince Joachim, Princesse Alexandra and CP Mary has NEVER done CP Frederiks work.
The next time you are comming with an accusation you migth think it insted of saying it.

I' am born i Denmark!
And do to my family have I always known Queen Margrethe, Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne-Marie and their familys, and I am very impress with a lot of them. And yes Frederiks family have done his work from time to time, but the danish press will never tell you that.
So I am not the one who's coming with accusations!

Anijonet said:
I' am born i Denmark!
And do to my family have I always known Queen Margrethe, Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne-Marie and their familys, and I am very impress with a lot of them. And yes Frederiks family have done his work from time to time, but the danish press will never tell you that.
So I am not the one who's coming with accusations!

I am also born her in Denmark.
I think that CP Frederik is doing alot of work her in Denmark.
If you take a look at the calender at www.kongehuset.dk and at http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/2000f/Year/2005/Month/10/Day/4.
I know that CP Frederik is not going to do alot in this month but ther is that reason that CP Mary can go into labour at any time now and CP Frederik has tolde the press and us her in Denmark that he will take a leave of absence to spend alot of time with his wife and his first child like an ordinary man can and will do her in Denmark.
I also know the family of Queen Margrethe and her sisters because one of my realatives has been cloes to them for many years.
I woud like to know what kinde of work Frederiks family has done for him,so i hope you can tell me that.

maybe Juan Carlos I Of Spain
and his Daughters and his wife , King Constintine II Is a good bet i think

i hope we will know the name soon but i think we have to wait untill the christning if its a girl

Crown Prince Frederik
His godparents were Queen Anne-Marie of Greece née Princess of Denmark, Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg née Princess of Belgium, Prince George of Denmark, Etienne de Laborde de Monpézat, Birgitta Juel Hillingsø, and Baron de Watteville-Berckheim.

Nikolai
his paternal uncle Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, his maternal aunt Nicola Baird, Camilla Flint, Peter Steentrup and Earl Edward of Wessex.

Felix:

The godparents were Martina Bent (sister of Princess Alexandra), Count Christian Ahlefeldt-Laurvig (friend), Annick Boel (lady-in-waiting of Princess Alexandra), Oscar Davidsen Siesbye (friend of Prince Joachim and Damian Sibley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom