Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's First Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you think Mary will have a girl or a boy?

• A girl

Votes: 131 59.0%
  • A boy

Votes: 91 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm How about Albert II Of Belgium or The Duke and Duchess of Brabant or Prince Laurent or even the Duke of York

I read somewhere that while shopping for herself she was also looking at baby boy clothes. So I think she'll have a boy.

Most Danish Magazines have been placing their bets on a boy. I want it to be a boy but by the way Mary has been acting it looks like it is going to be a girl. I always think that if when your pregnant and you always want to show yourself and keep working and be glamourous it will be a girl. But, I guess being a Royal you dont have a choice. I hope its a boy. Saves a lot of trouble.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Most Danish Magazines have been placing their bets on a boy. I want it to be a boy but by the way Mary has been acting it looks like it is going to be a girl. I always think that if when your pregnant and you always want to show yourself and keep working and be glamourous it will be a girl. But, I guess being a Royal you dont have a choice. I hope its a boy. Saves a lot of trouble.

at her hometown in Australia says Mary would have baby girls than boys because her mother in law dont have brother but HM Queen Marthages have sisters if Mary would find out its would be girls or boy we have wait and see at births who have correct for girls or who correct for boys

Sara Boyce

CP Haakon will be most likely be one of them.

I think: Crownprince Haakon, Prince Felipe of Asturias, Crownprincess Victoria and Princess Maxima, Prince Joachim and a close friend of Mary

Queen Margrethe, Prince Charles, Prince Joachim, Prince William and Mary's sister
and may be Prince Haakon

Last edited:
do you think the neames will be kept as a secret untill the christning?

Well, if they don't know the sex of the baby, then it makes sense that Mary would check out clothes for both boys and girls.

do you think the neames will be kept as a secret untill the christning?

That's the tradition in Denmark.

IMO, It would be interesting to know what Danish bookmakers are betting these days. Because after CP Mary was rushed to the hospital some weeks ago, I'm sure some people working there saw (by scans or something) what is the gender of the baby!!!So maybe the info was used by some people to bet and win before the birth?

Since the odds of me guessing right are 50%, I will go with my gut feeling. I say a GIRL

More names i like for Mary and Fred's baby:
girl: Christine Ingrid Henrietta Elisabeth
girl: Henrietta Renée Alexandrine Margrethe
girl: Alexandrine Henrietta Adeleine
boy: Christian John Fredrik André
boy: Joachim Alexander Henrik René
boy: Carl Fredrik John André

It's a bit hard to find a other royal Danish name than Christian and Fredrik.

and what is Prince Henriks fathers name?

Prince Henrik's father was called André, which is also among Henrik and Frederik's names.

for boy christian or frederik
and for a girl Mary-Astrid Margrethe Henrietta Desirée

Boy:Christian Frederik André Harald
Erik Ingmar Johann Christopher
Girl: Henrietta Margrethe Friderika Hedvig
Christina Ingrid Alexandrine

I think it would be great if they picked out some names from the royal family that hasn't really been used for some generations. Such as Harald, as hilal suggested above.

I don't think, though, that the baby should have more than four names. Something like Princess Elisabeth's would just be a burden to a child, at least today: Elisabeth Caroline-Mathilde Alexandrine Helena Olga Thyra Feodora Estrid Margarethe Désirée

Lucidu said:
For a girl: Henrietta Benedick Charlotte
For a boy: Joseph Hugo

Ok i dont think they will call him Joseph Hugo. Poor boy if he is called that. Joseph is also a rather catholic name and no one in the royal house of Denmark have ever had that name.

I had a dream last night, in which Frederik and Mary had a daughter, and that they were going to name her either Margrethe or Johanne.

It was a weird dream.:p

Karl Anton or Mary Elizabeth lol im getting good at this

Johanne is such an oldfashion name. None in the danish family have that name

norwegianne said:
Prince Henrik's father was called André, which is also among Henrik and Frederik's names.
Thanks so much. André a really beautiful name

Here are my choices:

For a girl

My #1 choice is Cecilie (I think the Danish version would be Cecilia)
Alexandrine
Ingeborg (I know this name maybe out dated but i'd like to see it make "a come back" in new Scandinavian royal baby"
Louise
Mary
Henrietta
Margrethe
Ingrid

For a boy:

Christian (I know it's almost certain that it would be used if the child is a boy, but I like it)
Valdemar
Aage
John

A boy: Joachim Etienne Henrik Christian
A girl: Margrethe Benedikte Alexandra Mary
That' s the names of the nice people whos always save Frederiks royal ass!

Johanne is such an oldfashion name. None in the danish family have that name

Like I said, it was just a dream I had. A weird one, at that. :p

Anijonet said:
A boy: Joachim Etienne Henrik Christian
A girl: Margrethe Benedikte Alexandra Mary
That' s the names of the nice people whos always save Frederiks royal ass!
Alexandra-Mary sounds as a very royal name:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom