Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's First Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you think Mary will have a girl or a boy?

• A girl

Votes: 131 59.0%
  • A boy

Votes: 91 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditebaby said:
I think it'll be a boy. I don't think Mary cares much though, as long as it's healthy.

That is the important thing--that it is a healthy and happy baby! Let us not lose sight of that!!

Ditebaby said:
I think it'll be a boy. I don't think Mary cares much though, as long as it's healthy.

wait and see in birth!

Mary carry first baby girls

Sara Boyce

Names for a baby girl that I am thinking of are (not in any special order nor will all be used)

Ingrid--For Queen Ingrid
Margarethe--For the Present Queen
Mary--For the Baby's Mother
Elizabeth--A good royal name
Alexandra--Consort to Edward VII of England

I don't think a baby girl will have the first name of Ingrid though--Haakon and Mette Marit beat the Danes to this first name!

Boys:

Christian--For obvious reasons
Frederik--For his father
Henrik--For his Grandfather

I would like to see something different for a boy like Erik or John.

tiaraprin said:
I don't think a baby girl will have the first name of Ingrid though--Haakon and Mette Marit beat the Danes to this first name!

Not only Haakon and Mette-Marit, but also Alexandra of Berleburg, Frederik's cousin used the name Ingrid for her daughter.

norwegianne said:
Not only Haakon and Mette-Marit, but also Alexandra of Berleburg, Frederik's cousin used the name Ingrid for her daughter.

Good point Norwegianne. I didn't know that Frederik's cousin used the name also.

tiaraprin said:
Good point Norwegianne. I didn't know that Frederik's cousin used the name also.

What is actually funny is that the second name of princess Alexandra zy Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg's little Ingrid is Alexandra (after her mother, quite normal).

In my opinion, Elisabeth or Alexandrine (a late Queen of Denmark, if I remember) would be very royal.
I've got a sister named Elisabeth and my best friend is Alexandrine: both these first name are full of caracter.

Danielane said:
What is actually funny is that the second name of princess Alexandra zy Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg's little Ingrid is Alexandra (after her mother, quite normal).
Two Ingrid Alexandra! of Norway and Denmark

do you think if it's a girl they will call her christina or cristina (as spain's infanta) or federica (as the late queen of greece)?

I hope they have a boy first just to keep everything nice and simple with the line of sucession. And I hope they name him Christian for tradition and because I like that name. For a girl I'm sure they'll choose a really beautiful name probably one of the ones already mentioned in this thread. I think Margrethe will be in the name but not the first name, like Nicolaj has Frederick or Christian in his name incase the CP didn't have any children.

I hope the baby will be a girl.
Possible name: Margarethe-Henriette
or if it is a boy: CHRISTIAN

Will the baby's name be announced right away???
Or is the name not announced until the baptism like Joachim and Alexandra's sons???

Does anybody have some final guesses as to name and sex as we move into the last leg of the pregnancy?

Re:

My Bet

Girl : Margrethe

(Wouldn't it be lovely to call her Margrethe Anne-Marie Benedikte!)

Out of 126 votes - 69 is for girl and 57 is for boy.

Anybody else care to cast their votes before the baby arrives?

Last edited:
A girl ;)

Her Royal Highnes is doing fine now and has returned home, where she shall continue to rest until the baby is born. No more official engagements for this Crown Princess!
"MII"

I think it's a girl. I hope the laws get changed soon so she'll be Queen someday even if/when a little brother comes along, and I also hope they name her after her grandmothers (Margrethe Henrietta is a pretty name). Of course a boy would be so cute too!

I'll say it's a girl, we'll have a trifecta of queens in Scandinavia some day.

Citizen2005 said:
yes if we know her date of birth and when she conceived the baby;), the chinese chart is pretty accurate. Find it here:

http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/Charts/BabyGender.htm

If she was 32 at conception (end of january by the expected birth date and her birthday is 2nd of February) then they should be expecting a boy but my vote is still for a girl. :D

Layla1971 said:
If she was 32 at conception (end of january by the expected birth date and her birthday is 2nd of February) then they should be expecting a boy but my vote is still for a girl. :D

I don't think this kind if predictions is pretty accurate. It didn't work for my mother (it predicted three boys and a girl, she had four girls).

Well since the Prime Minister wants to rush legislature to allow a firstborn girl to inherit the throne no matter what, I think its safe to say its a girl. If it were a boy, there would be no rush.

ysbel said:
Well since the Prime Minister wants to rush legislature to allow a firstborn girl to inherit the throne no matter what, I think its safe to say its a girl. If it were a boy, there would be no rush.

I tend to agree with you.

ysbel said:

There is no rush to change the succession law as this will take years to do! It has to be voted on by two successive parliaments and a referendum has to be held...At the press conference at Chauteau de Caix, QMII stated that neither she or the parents knew the sex of the child and this was after the PM decided to start the procedure to change the succession law!

gattica28 said:
There is no rush to change the succession law as this will take years to do! It has to be voted on by two successive parliaments and a referendum has to be held...At the press conference at Chauteau de Caix, QMII stated that neither she or the parents knew the sex of the child and this was after the PM decided to start the procedure to change the succession law!

Well in that case, I hope for a boy. I like the name Christian. :)

Vicomtesse said:
Will the baby's name be announced right away???
Or is the name not announced until the baptism like Joachim and Alexandra's sons???

I hope they don't wait until the baptism to announce the name! I'm an impaitent person :)

My guess:a boy named Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom