Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's First Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you think Mary will have a girl or a boy?

• A girl

Votes: 131 59.0%
  • A boy

Votes: 91 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christian Marcus Frederick Johan Hendrick Sydney

Royal Fan said:
Christian Augustus Frederik Henrik Johan (Danish for John)

You can also be named John in Denmark. Very noraml name here. The danish name for John is Hans

I've posted it here before, but.... what about Christian Frederik Henrik John.:)

Henrik Hans Magnus Frederik Joachim Victor Michael Felix Paul Nicholas

Ok, I'm NOT critisizing anyone! You have all been very imaginative here in thinking of names, but HOW could we burden this poor child with 8-10 names!:confused:
Having more than 4 names may give a whole new meaning to a child learning to say and spell their own name, let alone remember it!:)

A bit off topic but queen MArgrethes cousin Elisabet have the following names Elisabeth Caroline-Mathilde Alexandrine Helena Olga Thyra Feodora Estrid Margarethe Désirée
Speaking of many names to remember

LOL Christian Bernard Frederik John Henrik 5 names thats plenty

I think will be Christian John Henry Frederik Nikolai

betina said:
A bit off topic but queen MArgrethes cousin Elisabet have the following names Elisabeth Caroline-Mathilde Alexandrine Helena Olga Thyra Feodora Estrid Margarethe Désirée

WOW! That's alot of names!

It's only in the last two/three generations that the Danish royals have stuck to 4 names for their children. So, that's not set in stone. But more than 4 names might be a bit impractical.

betina said:

Ok, I've looked through the descendants of Frederik IX and I don't think there's an Elisabeth on his side. Could Princess Elisabeth descend from Queen Ingrid?:confused:

Layla1971 said:
Ok, I've looked through the descendants of Frederik IX and I don't think there's an Elisabeth on his side. Could Princess Elisabeth descend from Queen Ingrid?:confused:
That's because she isn't a descendant of Frederik IX (with the long and pretty name: Christian Frederik Franz Michael Carl Valdemar Georg, since we're on that topic) Princess Elisabeth is the daughter of Prince Knud (Knud Christian Frederik Michael) of Denmark and Princess Caroline-Mathilde of Denmark. Prince Knud was the brother of Queen Margrethe's father, Frederik IX, and Princess Caroline-Mathilde was the daughter of Prince Harald of Denmark (brother to King Christian X and King Haakon VII of Norway.), and thus Princess Elisabeth is related to Queen Margrethe through both her (Elisabeth's) parents.

Last edited:
norwegianne said:
Princess Elisabeth is the daughter of Prince Knud of Denmark and Princess Caroline-Mathilde of Denmark. Prince Knud was the brother of Queen Margrethe's father, and Princess Caroline-Mathilde was the daughter of Prince Harald of Denmark (brother to King Christian X and King Haakon VII of Norway.), and thus Princess Elisabeth is related to Queen Margrethe through both her (Elisabeth's) parents.

Thanks Norwegianne, I couldn't find a decent family tree.:eek: :)

Alexander-Klaus Alexis Frederik Henrik Johannes Benedict Jozef Herman Alois Adolf Paul Ashton Felix Nicholas :)

Im going to say Haakon for sure Frederik was his best man after all

I think somebody has already posted it but I like Christian Frederik Henrik Johan

Why not Frederik? Doesn't break the tradition and is NOT Christian as almost everyone seems to want the name other then Christian.

Prince Valdemar of Denmark

i don't know the rest.. but, valdemar as 1st name sounds pretty danish and very regal.

Royal Fan said:
Alexander-Klaus Alexis Frederik Henrik Johannes Benedict Jozef Herman Alois Adolf Paul Ashton Felix Nicholas :)

I hope you are kidding :)

Royal Fan said:

Way too German sounding for a Danish prince!

BTW, why do so many people think that royal babies need a dozen names, when 4 is quite enough?!:confused: :)

1- Edvard Christian Frederik Harald

2- Christian Frederik Albert George

3- Frederik Christian Henrik Johan

4- Alexander Johan Carl Frederik

Layla1971 said:
Way too German sounding for a Danish prince!

BTW, why do so many people think that royal babies need a dozen names, when 4 is quite enough?!:confused: :)

I think traditionally babies have been named after their godparents although most parents dont' follow that tradition any more. Royals, having more of about everything else than commoners, also traditionally have more godparents.

Alexander - Georg Wilhelm Karl August Johan Henrik Joachim Paul Stephen Frederik

I had a dream last night that I somehow met Mary and that she let slip that they were calling him Brian...then the funny part was she said oh, now you´ll probably tell everyone and of course I said I wouldn´t....lol...can´t wait to see if my dream comes true but unlikely name I think.....I hope they stick with tradition and call him Christian...have a feeling they won´t but that it will be included as one of his names.

ysbel said:
I think traditionally babies have been named after their godparents although most parents dont' follow that tradition any more. Royals, having more of about everything else than commoners, also traditionally have more godparents.

What royal babies have had more than 4-5 names? Of course there are some exceptions, but generally babies only have 4-5 names. The amount of godparents really doesn't matter because not many royal babies are named after all of their godparents, regardless of how many of them there are.

I know Alexia has her aunt Laurentien's name as one of her middle names, but Ingrid-Alexandra doesn't have any of her godparents names, to the best of my knowledge.

My Suggestion;

Valdemar Joachim Christian Henrik

Layla1971 said:
What royal babies have had more than 4-5 names? Of course there are some exceptions, but generally babies only have 4-5 names. The amount of godparents really doesn't matter because not many royal babies are named after all of their godparents, regardless of how many of them there are.

I know Alexia has her aunt Laurentien's name as one of her middle names, but Ingrid-Alexandra doesn't have any of her godparents names, to the best of my knowledge.

I was wrong, alot of Italian Royals have 9-10 names!:eek:

see im not too far off the mark
How about
Sven Magnus Frederik Viggo Knud Brian (Eiranne you may get your wish)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom