Frederik, Mary and Family on Summer Holidays: 2005-2008, 2012-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well we cannot see very well the pictures but it's good to know that they are having a great time in summer! I was thinking that it was very strange to see princess Mary in bikini but...All others that are staying in the beach with them are friends?

They have two dogs with them! A ziggy friend!

Last edited by a moderator:
biboquinhas said:
I'am not sure, but is Princess Mary wearing a bikini? Is that appropriate for a royal? I have heard that Royals should't wear bikinis!Maybe this is a wrong ideia, sorry!

She wore a similar swimsuit when she was pregnant also. Great pictures! Thanks!

Two more pictures from the vacation, from Billedbladet

Attachments

• 00000000029vesterhavet.jpg
    00000000029vesterhavet.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,828
  • 00000000029mary&frederik.jpg
    00000000029mary&frederik.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 1,856
Queen Silvia of Sweden wear's bikini too, so why shouldn't Mary?

The majority of the young royals wear bikinis. And even some daring older royals, I remember seeing Queen Silvia wearing a bikini...though I don't recall seeing Queen Sophia or Queen Margareth wearing one...but they might!

RachelD said:
The majority of the young royals wear bikinis. And even some daring older royals, I remember seeing Queen Silvia wearing a bikini...though I don't recall seeing Queen Sophia or Queen Margareth wearing one...but they might!

Or Queen Beatrix! That would be a sight to be seen! The helmet hair in combination with a bikini! :D
Thanks for the pics, all! It seems that Frederik, Mary and Christian are enjoying themselves! :)

Fantastic to see Frederik & Mary enjoying their vacation along with the little Christian :p

bbb said:
to see the small pics a little better go to the page, then File/print preview and you can blow it up, its blurry but can see more detail.
in one pic it looks like someone (mary ?) is carrying fred down a path.
looks like mary is in red shorts and white top in most of the pics, the girls in the bikini are not her. she is sitting on the right between fred and another man. she has a white hat on, they are in shadow.

Thanks for that tip, the pictures are certainly easier to see. Perhaps Mary was kneeling and she hugged Frederick as he was standing?
Great holiday snaps.

Not that my opinion matters in the grand scheme of things, but I would think that for anyone their choice of swimwear is completely personal, and as long as it is not crass that should be the end of the discussion. Mary is a lovely woman with a lovely body and she obviously is trying to enjoy a private vacation, so leave the poor woman alone! It is not like she showed up to a palace tea party in a bikini - she is on vacation at the beach!

Thanks for the vacation pictures! Mary wearing a bikini is not even an issue IMO.

I love how Mary and Fred include Ziggy in all the family outings. He must feel very loved! :D

antonieta said:
Queen Silvia of Sweden wear's bikini too, so why shouldn't Mary?

I agree, if she has the body in shape why not show it off? She looks great.

Empress said:
Who is Amber? If I read correctly your posting, it seems there is some issue with this person. What happened and who is she?

That's like water under the bridge, an old story that has gone past it's shelf life.

Last edited:
rmc27 said:
Not that my opinion matters in the grand scheme of things, but I would think that for anyone their choice of swimwear is completely personal, and as long as it is not crass that should be the end of the discussion. Mary is a lovely woman with a lovely body and she obviously is trying to enjoy a private vacation, so leave the poor woman alone! It is not like she showed up to a palace tea party in a bikini - she is on vacation at the beach!
I was just asking!!!!!I think Princess Mary should wear bikini if she like that!!!!That has nothing to do if she is a royal or not!!!!!!!

From Rex feautres

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 679
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 654
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 550
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 691
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 643
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 7,808
Didnt princess Diana wear bikini when she went on hoilday ?
I think if you look good in one , why not !

She's very nice body. Why can't she wear bikini?? I think she looks fine in bikini

Is the weather nice there? Sometimes it looks like it is hot but sometimes like in the pictures above it looks really windy!!!

Just curiosity Ziggy is an Australian Shepherd, is an intelligent active dog with an even disposition, he is good natured.They may be somewhat reserved in initial meetings.Any display of shyness, fear or aggression is to be severely penalized.

Thank you for the pictures Larzen.
I think she looks very nice, and she have a very nice body
Why can't she wear bikini?
a lot Royal ladies do wear bikini
Diana, wore many times
Princess Caroline
Princess Stephanie
Crown Princess Victoria
Princess Madeleine
etc...
I think, if its a nice bikini, not anything scandalous
There's no problem.

It is really nice to see Princess Mary wear a bikini and also because she is very good looking she is thin and has a very beautiful body indeed!!!!!

If i had Mary's body, you'd see me in a bikini all the way through to Christmas.;) ..It's nice to see everyone thinking that,despite her royal position, a bikini on a princess isnt a character flaw:)

Paula** said:
I think she looks very nice, and she have a very nice body
Why can't she wear bikini?
a lot Royal ladies do wear bikini
Diana, wore many times
Princess Caroline
Princess Stephanie
Crown Princess Victoria
Princess Madeleine
etc...
I think, if its a nice bikini, not anything scandalous
There's no problem.

If I am not wrong I think I have seen photos of Crown Princess Mette-Marit wearing a bikini when she was pregnant last year during the holidays on a boat with CP Haakon and the famous designer Valentino and some friends.

I see nothing wrong in wearing bikini on a beach especially if you have a nice shapely body.

Last edited:
It would be very sad if we expected young Royal Women to cover themselves while on their holiday on a beach.

The older Royal women may choose more of a modest swimsuit, not because of their status but like many women as they age they feel more comfortable with more clothing.

Nice that they're having a holiday in their own country!

Is it weird that I'm in love with Ziggy? :D He just seems like such a sweet dog who listens well because in all the pictures he stays close to Mary and isn't running around crazy or anything. :)

I wish my dog would behave that well *sigh*.....;)

I´ve heard before that Ziggy is a "lady" :p

Ziggy is a female Ghostland Border Collie.
Ziggy is her nickname for the Zig Zag in her fur above her collar.
Her full kennel name is [FONT=&quot]Blue Borders Jezabel

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She wass born on January 13th 2005 and moved to the palace in April 2005 from the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Danish Kennel Club .[/FONT]

Adry said:
I´ve heard before that Ziggy is a "lady" :p

That is nice, very nice...one year thinking that we have a boy and is a gril...:D :D pour gril, loky pf her don't read the news, shoul be a litle frustated, i think :rolleyes: :D :p :) :p

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,869289,00.html

Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet writes that Mary got into a panic and refused to come out of the water because she had spotted a photographer and didn´t wanted to be photographed wearing bikini.
A friend rushed to the shore and gave Mary a bath robe.
Prince Frederik said; my wife was offended by a blonde, male photographer around the age of 35.
The photograper worked for Billed Bladet, who has now decided not to published the photos

any more news about this? Have any magazine published the photos?

Last edited:
What´s the problem of being photographed in a bikini? This is the 21st century, for heavens sake. I don´t remember the other princesses /CPs panicking when in a bikini and photographers show up.

I agree with you Xandra. It's little bit silly, when papparazzi takes a shot of her in bikini from the private vacations and then the newspapers are writing articles with big titles: Such a shame!

Back
Top Bottom