Frederik, Mary and Family on Summer Holidays: 2005-2008, 2012-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They need little sandals, or water shoes. They are two and a half, I don't think it's a good idea for the parents' backs to be carrying around children when they can walk by themselves. Of course, if they really can't walk because it's too dangerous...I think they're both great parents btw

And even more so, poor you. Clearly this constant smearing and vilifying Mary must get somewhat tiring?

In regards to Frederik and Mary holding the twin, I can kindly inform you that the edge of the beach is filled with stones and I presume that they're just trying to shielder their tiny little feet from immense pain (believe me, those stones are sharp). Furthermore I strongly believe that you lot (and by lot I mean all of those people who seem to think that Mary is so, so bad for Denmark and just the world in general - that she's an evil, evil person) would have been absolutely outraged had they just let them run about exposed to all sort of danger (which obviously would have been Mary's fault, you know, because Frederik is a weakling and Mary is the bossy, demeaning wife who wants nothing but hurt and anguish for her children).

It never fails to amuse me how sorry you people feel for Danes, when time after time polls show that among us Danes, Mary is one of the most popular members of the royal family - if not the most popular member of the royal family. So fear not, we're not in pieces up here in the north - that must be a foreign thing ;)

Well said!!! :clap: Mary is a wonderful asset to Denmark/Australia. A poll just came out saying that she's the most popular member of the DRF, right?

those poor twins, are they not allowed to walk at all ? or are they not able to ? I wish Mary would learn to hold a child, she has had four already and still seems only interested in finding the camera lens, poor kids. Well, at least they have a Dad who is interested,

Poor Frederik, he could reach his potential if he had chosen a more appropriate wife.
Poor Denmark.
I'm not sure why anyone would come on TRF to be so unkind towards any of the royals. I think most of us come here to share our pleasure in their beautiful clothes, their traditions, their lovely events, their children, etc. I think Frederik and Mary seem very happy with each other and the people of Denmark seem happy with them. I pray for all of these young royals that God will bless them and help them to be good leaders.

I find all of that pretty funny considering you and a certain other site that shall remain unamed would crucify Mary no matter what she did.

She is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. Certain people will ALWAYS find something wrong or create something out of thin air to suit their own hatred. If you look at something or someone long enough you can make anything up.

How can you hate someone this badly when you have not even met them?

How can you hate someone this badly when you have not even met them?

For some people it is as natural as breathing. I think most of the royal ladies covered on these boards have had their own version of these "special" posters. The royal men generally seem not to attract such people.

For those who missed seeing Mary on the pictures from Tisvilde :flowers:

While Frederik was a whole day in France to the cycle race 'La Marmotte' had Mary a pleasant time with the children back home in Tisvilde. There they cycled around in the nature, having fun at the beach and cycled to the local bakery :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1044386_511099702295132_989085078_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/969338_511099735628462_1842186417_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/998025_511099818961787_1413358122_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/992880_511099868961782_860678033_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/994510_511099898961779_1307417439_n.jpg

The next day was daddy Frederik back home in Tisvilde again where he had fun with the children while mommy Mary and their mutual friend, Julie Mølsgaard, took a fun little swim in the cold water on the beach :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/972209_511099792295123_1840319260_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1045082_511099965628439_2134350907_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1070075_511099992295103_1117189968_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/66901_511100022295100_1678425115_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1009796_511100108961758_1889621211_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/992773_511100135628422_965015569_n.jpg

Last edited:
those poor twins, are they not allowed to walk at all ? or are they not able to ? I wish Mary would learn to hold a child, she has had four already and still seems only interested in finding the camera lens, poor kids. Well, at least they have a Dad who is interested,

Poor Frederik, he could reach his potential if he had chosen a more appropriate wife.
Poor Denmark.

Why would the let their two year olds walk on sharp rocks? and swim in freezing water?

It seem to me that non Danes (mostly australians) are always deciding how good Mary is for "poor poor denmark", how about we the non-danes let the danes decide that for themselves!

p.s. I think you are confusing this site with RoyalDish:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why people waste so much time and energy criticizing and putting down people that they don't even know. I'm surprised that the mods haven't shown up already.
It's best just to ignore the trolls and not let them have their fun. They can go to some other forums and do that.

On a positive note, it's so great to see the family together! Vincent and Josephine have gotten so big. They all look like they're having a wonderful time.

Why would the let their two year olds walk on sharp rocks? and swim in freezing water?

let the danes decide that for themselves!

And how exactly will they do that ?, she hasn't exactly been elected to her position.

And even more so, poor you. Clearly this constant smearing and vilifying Mary must get somewhat tiring?

In regards to Frederik and Mary holding the twin, I can kindly inform you that the edge of the beach is filled with stones and I presume that they're just trying to shielder their tiny little feet from immense pain (believe me, those stones are sharp). Furthermore I strongly believe that you lot (and by lot I mean all of those people who seem to think that Mary is so, so bad for Denmark and just the world in general - that she's an evil, evil person) would have been absolutely outraged had they just let them run about exposed to all sort of danger (which obviously would have been Mary's fault, you know, because Frederik is a weakling and Mary is the bossy, demeaning wife who wants nothing but hurt and anguish for her children).

It never fails to amuse me how sorry you people feel for Danes, when time after time polls show that among us Danes, Mary is one of the most popular members of the royal family - if not the most popular member of the royal family. So fear not, we're not in pieces over her up here in the north - that must just be a foreign thing ;)

Someone needs to calm down. "constant smearing and vilifying "???...... If you looked again you would see that out of my 33 posts since joining, I have mentioned Mary twice only and neither post could be regarded as smearing or vilifying. If you look closely at photos of her over the years, she ssems to be very awkward around children including her own and seems to have a strange way of carrying them. That's what I mean.
I did not at any point say that she was Evil" or that I "hated" her and frankly resent your "you lot" remark and am quite offended by your post.

IMO, Mary comes across as a strange woman who is herself "foreign" but I am glad that a chosen cross section of Danes love her. Great.

And how exactly will they do that ?, she hasn't exactly been elected to her position.
Given that Mary usually comes out at or near the top of every Danish poll of most popular members of their royal family it would seem obvious that they think very highly of their Crown Princess. Surely that must be clear even to someone like you.

Given that Mary usually comes out at or near the top of every Danish poll of most popular members of their royal family it would seem obvious that they think very highly of their Crown Princess. Surely that must be clear even to someone like you.

Opinion polls don't secure anyone's position, though. Even "people like me", know that much.

Poor Denmark.

are you seriously asking if the twins can walk? like i have mentioned we have pics of Vincent running out of last years Christmas church services.

poor denmark???? because of mary??:whistling::whistling: are you being serious?:ohmy:
its been often noted in the past how much Frederik has matured and improved since Mary, so ...

all 4 kids look happy and healthy.

Someone needs to calm down. "constant smearing and vilifying "???...... If you looked again you would see that out of my 33 posts since joining, I have mentioned Mary twice only and neither post could be regarded as smearing or vilifying. If you look closely at photos of her over the years, she ssems to be very awkward around children including her own and seems to have a strange way of carrying them. That's what I mean.
I did not at any point say that she was Evil" or that I "hated" her and frankly resent your "you lot" remark and am quite offended by your post.

IMO, Mary comes across as a strange woman who is herself "foreign" but I am glad that a chosen cross section of Danes love her. Great.

Oh, I wasn't just referring to you, that tone of yours has "RoyalDish" marked all over it, so if you're not a member there already, I think you'll find that forum slightly more suited to your preferences :)

Having, several times, observed Mary from a distance when no cameras were around, I can assure you that she is extremely natural around children - both her own four and others. I find it funny that you get offended by my post. You probably shouldn't bad-mouth others if you can't take it yourself (and to be blatantly honest with you, I think I was a lot kinder than you were to Mary).

We love her very much, thank you, so much that she's even more popular than "poor Frederik" :D

Tastes and opinions differ, but please remain respectful towards each other and the discussed persons. A summer holidays thread should be a fun place, so let us instead enjoy the sunny glimpses we can catch!

Tastes and opinions differ, but please remain respectful towards each other and the discussed persons. A summer holidays thread should be a fun place, so let us instead enjoy the sunny glimpses we can catch!

totally agree, I think some members may be grumpy due to disappointing summer weather in their parts of the world, here in Toronto we are suffering monsoon-like weather and can only dream of sunny beaches:cool::bang:

Good for Mary for going all the way in the water. I love vincnts little water sandals, a good idea at that beach I guess, and Mary's suit.

We love her very much, thank you

absolutely! and reading these totally unfair and cruel writings only makes me like mary even more ;) she does not deserve all that:hug: and come on, frederik has never flourished so much as after his marriage to mary, he is always looking at her like she is his everything.

back to the topic, it are some nice photos of the little (or shall we say big) family, so nice our crown princess can cycle to the local bakery with her children and dog with ease. i just hope they will have some peace for the photographers! and that bikini photos, what a great body mary has! slim but very healthy, wow. i will look like that after i have given birth to all my future children ;)

Last edited:

Poor Denmark.

I can tell you that children that young are still learning to balance themselves, and while it's great to let them explore, and occasionally fall down, a rocky beach is not a good place for it. Mary was just being a caring and concerned parent. I had the pleasure of meeting Princess Mary when she was in New York in fall of 2011, and I can tell you that she's not awkward, whether it's around children or adults. She's a bit on the shy side, but other than that, very natural. I think Frederik chose very well. People of Denmark seem to like her, his family seems to like her, and she makes him happy. What more could he ask for?

Poor Denmark.

what a ridiculous comment.................are you a troll?

If not it might be well to remember envy can make you look unkind.

:whistling:

Another pic of Josephine and Vincent. with ziggy :flowers:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6113/an3w.jpg

Josie is looking more like Mary as a little girl and I think Vincent reminds me of Marys father just in that picture though. They are very cute and growing fast.
Ziggy must be getting on in age he would be 10?

I can tell you that children that young are still learning to balance themselves, and while it's great to let them explore, and occasionally fall down, a rocky beach is not a good place for it. Mary was just being a caring and concerned parent. I had the pleasure of meeting Princess Mary when she was in New York in fall of 2011, and I can tell you that she's not awkward, whether it's around children or adults. She's a bit on the shy side, but other than that, very natural. I think Frederik chose very well. People of Denmark seem to like her, his family seems to like her, and she makes him happy. What more could he ask for?

Its not worth responding to someone like that Daria you are quite right about the children still being young and needing help and anyone can see that the water is too deep to let the twins in on their own. The bike looks like fun and would be good exercise for the rider the twins would be too young to ride bikes on their own.

I think Fred probably feels quite lucky that Mary said yes when he proposed to her. It would have been a worry as she had a pretty fantastic and successful career ahead of her that was sacrificed. I dont think he chose unwisely I think that she shows wonderful character and personality traits the way she has thrown herself into her new way of life.

:flowers:

cant wait to see josephine to this years photo session at gråsten slot! she is such a pretty, fine, sweet little girl. cant wait to see her and vincent running around together :)

Josephine, Vincent and Athena, what a wonderful dreamteam!

The twins look lovely in that picture with Ziggy.
I think it´s very unfair to criticize Mary like that. Of course they can walk and do lots of things, but when you out with two children, it´s much safer to have them like that than try to control children running everywhere.
Mary seems to me a wonderful Mother and her children look very happy.

A Google map of Tisvilde, where they are on vacation. It's a wooded area with lots of summer cottages: https://app.box.com/s/8g7tcby30ddbq41w615f

It has become the new in-place to go on vacation for who's who in Copenhagen. - Previously they migrated to Skagen in Northern Jutland every summer, where they mingled with those they mingle with on a daily basis - while being observed with some amusement by the locals.

Billed Bladet last week also covered M&F on vacation in Tisvilde. However, they were there before Frederik joined his family. Here they met and spoke with Mary, who very kindly requested that no pictures were taken of her and the children. The magazine respected that, so there are no pics in BB.
Mary was there with the very close friend of the family, Julie Mølsgaard.

They have been observed going to the local baker to get fresh bread for the breakfast. (That's one of the great things about a holiday! It's Sunday every day and you stroll to the local baker in the morning to get some freshly baked bread http://www.hjemmet.dk/ImageProvider...r-5fa2cf2cfa9d4036a748c22c897d0dae__b468m.jpg
- aaand in the afternoon you stroll to the same baker to get some pastry for the evening coffee. https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-P3sWENX7SCw/TWvA8C6LhEI/AAAAAAAAAHM/5iZZOU77TZc/s1600/Morgenbr%25C3%25B8d.jpg :D )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom