Frederik, Mary and Children Picture Thread: Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gallery of the Crown Prince family on the royal yacht Dannebrog
35 BILLEDER: Kronprinsfamiliens søde øjeblikke på Dannebrog | BILLED-BLADET

very cute photos, this one of Christian and Isabella greeting their dad with a big hug
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...ht_8grid/public/storage_1/media/bb-830645.jpg

Frederik in uniform with a cute baby in his arms , double handsome
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...ht_8grid/public/storage_1/media/bb-830616.jpg

hope the family does another cruise soon
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...ht_8grid/public/storage_1/media/bb-669660.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's such an odd photo, and I can't say why... Because of the line up? It looks serious and very unserious at the same time but I'm not sure what it was meant to evoke?

What was the occasion for this portrait, Sun Lion?

That's such an odd photo, and I can't say why... Because of the line up? It looks serious and very unserious at the same time but I'm not sure what it was meant to evoke?

What was the occasion for this portrait, Sun Lion?

Hi Hannelore. Possibly from the time of the German Vogue photoshoot.

Scroll down, in amongst other photos taken by the same photographer -

Buy photography and prints online at IMMAGIS

Thank you! A very interesting portfolio - his Hollywood work is great.

This looks ODD... very strange indeed. Why do you want to do this??? What is the meaning of it??

its odd photo, , I can not imagine all the time taken for this photo!

Thanks, Polyesco. :flowers:

Great photos. So Polyesco, and others, as a connoisseur of Frederik in uniform, how do you like him in a dolman, or do you still prefer the navy uniforms? ;)

The last photo is funny. It's tradition within the hussars that when toasting, you stand on a chair and then place your left foot in "the stirrup" ready to mount.
At some point during this party, the mascot of the regiment, and that is always a mare called Laura, is brought in. The main speaker of the day then gives a speech crammed with innuendoes praising the horse and expressing the love which every true hussar has for the horse - which to the "hussar-minded" gentlemen present can also be understood as a pretty saucy praise of female curves. - like "beautifully shaped legs", "elegant curves", "enchanting eyes", "flowing hair" and so on.

Notice the standard next to the rostrum. A hussar regiment don't carry a colour, but a standard, in DK called an estandard.

It would have been a funny night for Mary. ?

Last edited:
You are welcome. ?

This clip illustrates the traditional toast to Laura:

Hussars, being light cavalry relying on speed, movement and being nimble, especially if facing enemy cavalry, often rode mares.
Most other cavalry, especially heavy cavalry always rode stallions. They are heavier, larger and much more aggressive than mares, let alone geldings. The horse was a part of a cavalryman's arsenal. A stallion was trained to kick and bite.
Notice the trumpets. The hussars use trumpets. So do cuirassiers. Dragoons and lancers use horns or bugles. The US cavalry would in European context be classified as light dragoons but riding heavy horses.

You are welcome. ?

This clip illustrates the traditional toast to Laura:

Hussars, being light cavalry relying on speed, movement and being nimble, especially if facing enemy cavalry, often rode mares.
Most other cavalry, especially heavy cavalry always rode stallions. They are heavier, larger and much more aggressive than mares, let alone geldings. The horse was a part of a cavalryman's arsenal. A stallion was trained to kick and bite.
Notice the trumpets. The hussars use trumpets. So do cuirassiers. Dragoons and lancers use horns or bugles. The US cavalry would in European context be classified as light dragoons but riding heavy horses.
Muhler, you are wonderful! thank you so much for this fabulous insight into the secret life of Danish Hussars:flowers:

Muhler, you are wonderful! thank you so much for this fabulous insight into the secret life of Danish Hussars:flowers:

My pleasure. ?

But you have your Mounties, I bet they have a tradition or two as well. :mountie:

fan of the cpp

While covering M&Fs visit to Germany last month BB naturally covered the kiss Frederik gave his wife and yet again compared them with Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid. Frederik IX was not afraid either to show affection for his wife in public as is evident from these two scans.

First Frederik IX: https://app.box.com/s/reqkqmkz0u347ai89b2b4a73gst1q7oh

M&F: https://app.box.com/s/3krno85fcd32hvotrvnf6wki9tng8squ

Sorry about the quality, it rained that day. A lot!

my fav picture of the couple, truly he cannot resists but to kiss her in public so nice and real , again , i cannot wait to see them as king and queen ,their love story ,their dedication to their respective roles and being a parent, UNBELIEVABLE , denmark ,M&F =no.1 tourist attraction ..and that's the reason why we are going to visit dk to see them may........be? ohhh i wish

:previous: It is indeed very endearing. ?

Back
Top Bottom