Frederik, Mary and Children on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i miss seeing this thread grow. i will try someday to post an actual picture i have few on mary. question i notice that DRW have a lot of Billed Bladet magazine scans and they credit them but is that still ok since they are in the actual magazine??

Assuming they don't... legally, no. But it's not TRF's problem.

We have our own rules regarding scanned copyrighted images (see TRF's Rules and FAQ's for more information.) Unless they have a legally binding agreement with their blog, in which they have permission from the publisher, photographers, journalists, and so forth, then yes. Otherwise, no.
:)

Thanks for the cover. At first I thought it was a nice picture but then it struck me that her eyes look weird and now I cant see anything else...

Mary on the cover of this week's Billed Bladet in regards to her Ugandan visit

Sorry

Sorry,
i didn´t realize that it was missing another link/ information., But,
if u want to see the subjects of this albun u need to have an account on yahoo and take a group registration. Let me to say that this albun is just a cover´s photos albun, we don´t have another available articles or subjects, only u could find articles in a group n which this albun is posted.

Bye.

PS:

http://br.groups.yahoo.com/group/Princesa_Mary_da_Dinamarca/

"Fotos"

"Capas"
(200 covers)

I've got a question? How many times did Mary pose for a magazine? I only know one and that's the Vogue issue wherein she received a lot of comments (good and bad). From what I've seen of her pictures, Mary has a lot of informal pics like the one sitting in the stairs, holding a boquet of flowers for Billed Bladet, the one wearing a long green shirt or was that the green top and black skirt. She seems to have a lot informal portraits.

I've got a question? How many times did Mary pose for a magazine? I only know one and that's the Vogue issue wherein she received a lot of comments (good and bad). From what I've seen of her pictures, Mary has a lot of informal pics like the one sitting in the stairs, holding a boquet of flowers for Billed Bladet, the one wearing a long green shirt or was that the green top and black skirt. She seems to have a lot informal portraits.

It seems to me that magazines such as Billed Bladet use photos taken of Mary during her engagements. I don't believe that she has ever posed for a photo shoot for those covers. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that they most likely send photographers to her events, or they use photos from an agency.

they might have their on photographer that send the photos but i blive vouge have done that special.

Yes the Australian Vogue photoshot was the biggest & most well known photoshoot specifically for a magazine.

There was also an appearance on the cover of Dansk (a publication which I know nothing about) - for this cover Mary wore the dress she had worn to the Chocolate Lovers Ball in Tasmania during M & F's single official visit to Australia and the pictures was not one I have seen anywhere else, so that one was possibly done specifically too, but I dont know.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes the 2 pics in the article from your link are from the shoot i was referring to ;)

Ahh i loved the two pictures in that article :
Shame i couldn't get my hands on that copy of vogue :(
x

It seems to me that magazines such as Billed Bladet use photos taken of Mary during her engagements. I don't believe that she has ever posed for a photo shoot for those covers. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that they most likely send photographers to her events, or they use photos from an agency.

There have only been two photoshoots. The one for Australian Vogue when she became engaged and the one for the Danish Fashion Industry Magazine DANSK when she became patron of the Fashion fair. Any other photos/poses have been official potrait sittings or events, not a fashion photoshoot.

Vogue Australia Photoshoot

Ok I've done some tralling through the CP Mary & Frederik sub-forum and have found a little...

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=139682&postcount=11 (This thread has been closed so please just look at the pictures, the content of the posts is generally not relevant to this discussion anyway)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118417&d=1112309978 (I'm pretty sure this was from the Vogue shoot) (Sourced from the Mary & Sports thread)

The Vogue website is Fashion & Beauty, Fashion Designers, News & People - Vogue Australia maybe you can track done a back issue there if you really want to.

Have you gone back to the start of this thread to look as well?

Last edited:
Mary has been seen a lot less on magazine covers lately...I can only put it down to more interest in the newly elected Royals in the U.S.A....and focus on the First Lady's fashion exploits, instead of Mary's...I can only put it down to the fact that Mary is NOT pregant yet with number 3 because that would whip the Australian media into a speculating frenzy once more...She should thank the Obamas when she visits the States next month for taking some of the heat off her, particularly within the Australian media...

But I am sure that come May 2009 with the arrival of Princess Marie's new baby they will conjure up some fallacy about how Mary is jealous/depressed/concerned/upset/furious/insert adjective here that she is not yet pregnant when Marie is enjoying her new bundle of joy, etc...grasping at straws and making assumptions...

And one more general question - did some other royal couples have fashion shoots in famous magazines?

I only know of 2 princesses who posed in magazine - CPss Mary and the Princess of Wales, Diana. I haven't seen any pics of Grace Kelly. I think she did pose for a magazine to think that she was an actress before her marriage to Prince Rainier. Maybe some of us here can answer our question...:)

And one more general question - did some other royal couples have fashion shoots in famous magazines?
I have at one time seen references to a Vanity Fair issue some years ago with lots of royals - the Dutch, the Swedish, and the Norwegian for example but I don't know what the underlying theme was.

I think there there has been a fashion shoot with Mette Marit in a Norwegian magazine as well.

Last edited:
Wow i adore the cover picture, Mary looks incredible.
x

I don't like the Cover picture at all. It looks too photoshopped and airbrushed, imo. :ermm:

There have only been two photoshoots. The one for Australian Vogue when she became engaged and the one for the Danish Fashion Industry Magazine DANSK when she became patron of the Fashion fair. Any other photos/poses have been official potrait sittings or events, not a fashion photoshoot.

Just a clarification, the Aus Vogue was months (i think four or five) after Mary and Fred married.

Back
Top Bottom