Frederik, Mary and Children on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But look at these pictures, they look EXACTLY like Charles & Diana :bang:

"We collegues, ...., lovers"
http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/previ...&objId=7303643&archType=J&classId=1&handle=-1

http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/previ...&objId=7261030&archType=J&classId=1&handle=-1

http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/previ...&objId=2931464&archType=J&classId=1&handle=-1
ANP Beeldbank

http://www.stern.de/_content/51/46/514696/diana_gi250_250.jpg (getty)

I'm getting so angry with all these gossip magazines
I can only imagine all these journalists from that magazines live are really unhappy in their relationships, therefor they can't stand happy couples

I can't open most of the pics, unfortunately. I wonder whether they look as blissfully hap...oh, sorry, unhappy as in the ANP Beeldbank picture. :)
Oh, well. Time will tell.

the Ritz moment in Woman's Day

Mary on the cover of last week's Woman's Day. Guess what the article is about :rolleyes:

The article is very harsh on Mary's behaviour and what it calls "lack of class":

"Who was the tall, slender young woman standing in the middle of the dance floor weeping? The guests in teh ballroom of the posh Ritz hotel in Paris were buzzing. They could all see that the elegantly clad woman was seriously upset

... ... ... [see later post for article summarized!]

"Mary is struggling with Frederik's past", says one of the Crown Prince's closest friends.

Can Mary really have been so totally unversed in how to behave socially? She had been hanging around society in Sydney for years, and surely she will have known better?

Aotearoagal

Last edited:
The article is very harsh on Mary's behaviour and what it calls "lack of class":

"Who was the tall, slender young woman standing in the middle of the dance floor weeping? The guests in teh ballroom of the posh Ritz hotel in Paris were buzzing. They could all see that the elegantly clad woman was seriously upset.
"The evenin had started so well for Austrlaian Mary Donaldson."

I too am shocked by this - can Mary really have been so totally unversed in how to behave socially? She had been hanging around society in Sydney for years, and surely she will have known better?

Aotearoagal

Personally, I took the article with a grain of salt considering where it came from. I only believe WD and NI when their stories are made of real events (like christenings, official engagements, etc.). I highly doubt Mary stood in the middle of the dance floor at The Ritz during a party bawling her eyes out :rolleyes:

story reposted as a partial summary ...

Here's what the nasty WD article says (summary of two columns out of a 12-column article):

It reports that Mary stood in the middle of the floor crying; that guests thought it was very odd.
It describes Mary's behaviour as a "fit of jealousy" because Fred had danced twice with Bettina Odum (with her fiance happily just nearby) and because the music was loud, his lips were close to Bettina.
The article says several attempts were made to calm her, and that a "circle of sympathisers in stilettoes" gathered around Mary.
The article reports that Bettina approached Mary but Mary blanked her, in front of the other guests.
The article goes on to say Mary could have shrugged off the episode, but instead she "ostentatiously boycotted" a breakfast put on by the hosts.
A guest is quoted as saying Mary's behaviour was incredibly childish and rude to her hosts, and that giving the host the cold shoulder showed a total lack of class.
The article insinuates that there is a "Mary camp" and a "Frederik camp" and that Frederik's friends, being intelligent, strong Danish women, would be "too much for commoner Mary to deal with".

All in all, the article is full of insinuations, and indicates a very worrying shift in attitude by the glossies in Australia. Worst of all, it implies that there is a Diana/Charles-style war going on between Mary's so-called sympathisers, and the Danish Royal Family.

This is going to be a difficult issue for Mary to negotiate - but let's assume she'll hold tight and sit through the embarassment. If she had drunk a bit too much champagne that night, and was feeling a little overwhelmed by the society she was in - who could be surprised? She's done well.

A

No it isn't rubbish! I can't be rubbish, because one of Germany's Top-Royal-Experts works for "Die Aktuelle" and he knows the Danish Crownprincecouple and Danish Queen personally. So it must be the truth!!!:rolleyes:

BELIEVE ME!!! ;)

Yuhuh, ok...:lol:

What a down right horrible article. The women's mags in Australia have severly changed course and all for what? I'm not sure what it is they are trying to prove. I believe their intent is worrying and entirely without ethics.

I do feel for Frederik and Mary. To have such stories conjured up week after week for the past month must be rather upsetting or them. To refrain from taking some sort of action must be just as difficult, especially when there are forces (or "sources") at play trying to present a terribly unhappy and somewhat volatile image of their marriage and relationship on the whole.

It just isn't journalism. I'm certain it's upsetting for those who are subject to the disgraces of a deadline, and that's all it really is.

Last edited:
Besides which, they barely mentioned that this took place way back in 2003.

I missed that, Aotearoagal.

So all this "happened" back in 2003?

I missed that, Aotearoagal.

So all this "happened" back in 2003?

If by "this" you mean Mary in a fit of tears in the middle of a dancefloor and Frederik making out with his ex, this yes this "happened" in 2003

The article actually says that Fred was merely trying to speak to his ex over the background noise - doesn't allege any 'kissing' or anything of the sort...

The article actually says that Fred was merely trying to speak to his ex over the background noise - doesn't allege any 'kissing' or anything of the sort...

Yes, that is what the article says. But Mary was "crying" because it looked like Fred was kissing Bettina :rolleyes: (as alleged in TV's book, and the main basis for the article)

Yes, that is what the article says. But Mary was "crying" because it looked like Fred was kissing Bettina :rolleyes: (as alleged in TV's book, and the main basis for the article)

I guess TV's book and WD really suits each other. The book contains loads of undocumentet tittle-tattle and hearsay - amongst this crap is the story of Marys break down on the dancefloor.

As a dane I dont know WD - but a magazine using TV's book as source for an article isn't worth reading.

Cover of Billed Bladet this week

The main part says "Hurries home to Isabella", but I don't know what the little blurb above that says :ermm:

(BB website)

I think it's something along the lines of Mary left an outing with Margrethe to be with Isabella.

Cover from Her og Nu

My translation site gave me something about Mary saying something about action against horror and depression :ermm:

(Her og Nu)

Cover from Her og Nu

My translation site gave me something about Mary saying something about action against horror and depression :ermm:

(Her og Nu)

That's probably an item about the Mary Fund - Mary is taking an interest in people who feel marginalised and depressed.

Great...Even aussies cant tell the difference of Danish and Deutch....:lol::eek:

"In an interview to be aired later this week by the Dutch public broadcaster..."

Key word "Rumors" there just rumors, unless its been confirmed in Denmark? Who knows, but I doubt their having problems, but of it is true I hope they work it out, cause they look great together and personally she is a good princess.

Just moved a couple of posts about the book "1015 Copenhagen K" to this thread in the Royal Library Forum where the Trine Villemann book is already being discussed. Remember this thread is reserved for Mary on Magazine Covers.

Thanks,

Mandy

Mary on the cover of Se og Hor

'Mary called to London' is the main title, the top part has to do with Caroline Fleming's crisis

Can someone translate the Bunte's cover, please? Tanks in advance.

Mary & Frederik of Denmark
That's how they fight for their happiness
The big love-interview after the bad rumours about their marriage

Do we know for sure that designers are not lending gowns to Mary for some of the events? I am sorry for repetition if this has already been mentioned. Either way, if her countrymen don't seem to mind, then it really isn't for anyone to judge. It can be hard to understand for those who do not live in a country with a monarchy. I am American, and would not be pleased to hear that my president was spending my tax dollars on his wardrobe (he could very well be). Mary always looks beautiful, and she seems to be well-liked. I'm sure the monarchy would let the people know what she was spending on wardrobe if they people demanded to know.

New Idea is reporting the Crown Princess Mary is expecting her 3rd child.
Where do they come up with this crap? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom