Frederik, Mary and Children on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crisscross1 said:
You gotta love the press and their amazing imaginations. :ROFLMAO:

You sure do! :lol: And did you know that not only is Mary getting haunted in Chancellory House, but Christian can apparently speak to the "other side"?? :rolleyes:

LOL the tabloids are just making it up. But i am sure that there are ghosts in the Palace that the tabloids dont know about!

Just goes to show that the tabloids will anything to sell magazines.

every royal family has a haunted house-there's a thread about that somewhere around here I think. The most famous royal hauntings I can think of are the wives of Henry VIII of England, particularly Anne Boleyn. But why not have Queen Ingrid haunting the Danish royals? :rolleyes:

I saw this most recent article in the magazine...the headline was something like "Mary is haunted by the past" and thought I would read it in the supermarket to finally have some dirt on Mary...not that it would make me think negatively of her...just a little tidbit, like she teased a girl at school and this girl has never recovered...something utterly ridiculous ;) But when I read it and it implied Mary was "literally" being haunted byactual ghosts, I thought that is beyond utterly ridiculous because of course there would be ghosts in her huge, historical, old palace...it's in the job description: must live with spirits of royals past...

But anyway, one disappointing aspect of the article was that apparently one of the ghost is of a Lady Arabella (forgotten her lastname) she was murdered there...and I really wanted them to use the name *Arabella* for Lillepigen, but that might be a slightly offputting association :(

chrissy57 said:
Personally I hate how they call her 'Aussie' Princess at all.

She ceased to be an Australian when she got married and her children are certainly not Australian. They are, and quite correctly, Danish.

It doesn't bother me that the Australians want to claim her. I think it's cute. They're proud of Mary, that's all.

LadyK said:
But why not have Queen Ingrid haunting the Danish royals? :rolleyes:
Yes, why not? I am starting to think this must be the reason why Mary did not attend the gala concert in honour of Queen Ingrid. :lol:

LadyK said:
every royal family has a haunted house-there's a thread about that somewhere around here I think. The most famous royal hauntings I can think of are the wives of Henry VIII of England, particularly Anne Boleyn. But why not have Queen Ingrid haunting the Danish royals? :rolleyes:

Remebering the old Queen and her relationship with her family I am quite sure the royal family would think it is pretty cool if grandma was still around.

Doubt they would see it as haunting.:D

GlitteringTiaras said:
Since news about Mary is pretty much dry since she's still on maternity leave, one of my favorite blogs has complied some new and old photos of the Crown Princess.

Please click here to view the site, and scroll down.

:flowers:

Thanks for sharing, ive not seen a few of the pictures before

Thanks for the pics and congratulations for your blog! it's really cool and updated i love to check it always!

Personally I hate how they call her 'Aussie' Princess at all.

She ceased to be an Australian when she got married and her children are certainly not Australian. They are, and quite correctly, Danish.

I agree. She is a Danish princess and never will be an Australian princess no matter how much they want her ;)... she´s a member of the Danish royal family and her son will be a Danish king.. nothing else

(just a little side comment. Sorry)

I agree. She is a Danish princess and never will be an Australian princess no matter how much they want her ;)... she´s a member of the Danish royal family and her son will be a Danish king.. nothing else

The Danes aren't very good at sharing. :sad:
It's a quality that us Aussies are proud of. We don't mind sharing Mary with you and she will always be our Aussie princess. :flowers:

Mary on last week's cover of the German magazine Frau im Spiegel
- the caption and article are about her so called luxury life - she is
said to spend too much money on clothes and shoes..:rolleyes:

Frau im Spiegel 21 June 2007

The're just proud of Mary, I think it's cute ... After all the princess is half aussie, she's as much aussie as she's danish ..

The're just proud of Mary, I think it's cute ... After all the princess is half aussie, she's as much aussie as she's danish ..

My point is that she is a Danish princess in the royal sense. Of course she is an Australian girl/woman. I loved the way Mary was embraces in Australia in 2004. It was really cute as you say. But when she carries th title "princess" she´s Danish. She´s obviously more Aussie than Danish until she feels Danish enough to call herself that. We don´t mind shaing her believe me but it´s just the title "Australian princess" that bugs me. She is an Australian born princess but not princess of Australia. Hope it makes sense ;)

Mary on last week's cover of the German magazine Frau im Spiegel
- the caption and article are about her so called luxury life - she is
said to spend too much money on clothes and shoes..:rolleyes:

Frau im Spiegel 21 June 2007

the spending again. well, if you look at it, she doesnt really spend much, she might have a few pieces from expensive designers but most of her wear is very exceptional. about her bags, I dont find her having a wide collection, so it would be intresting to know what they are really talking about or if theyve provided pictures.:)

My point is that she is a Danish princess in the royal sense. Of course she is an Australian girl/woman. I loved the way Mary was embraces in Australia in 2004. It was really cute as you say. But when she carries th title "princess" she´s Danish. She´s obviously more Aussie than Danish until she feels Danish enough to call herself that. We don´t mind shaing her believe me but it´s just the title "Australian princess" that bugs me. She is an Australian born princess but not princess of Australia. Hope it makes sense ;)

The media just use the headlines such as "Australian Princess" etc just to sell the magazines etc and catch peoples interest (in Australia). Everyone knows she isnt an Australian princess, as Australia does not have an actual royal family (ok, we have the British royals but they arnt aussies).
Its purely just to catch attention. Nobody is saying its a fact.

The media just use the headlines such as "Australian Princess" etc just to sell the magazines etc and catch peoples interest (in Australia). Everyone knows she isnt an Australian princess, as Australia does not have an actual royal family (ok, we have the British royals but they arnt aussies).
Its purely just to catch attention. Nobody is saying its a fact.

I just think it's pointless to keep pointing it out in such a way.
The Danes have Tasmanian Devil's in their zoo, I'm sure that they have been referred to as Denmarks own Tassie Devils and that is exactly what they are. Tasmanian Devils that live in your zoo.
I personally don't see a problem with calling Mary, an Aussie princess. She is a beautiful Danish princess who happens to be from Australia. :flowers:

I personally don't see a problem with calling Mary, an Aussie princess. She is a beautiful Danish princess who happens to be from Australia. :flowers:

I agree with that too, im just trying to point out that nobody really thinks she is a princess of Australia, she is a princess of Denmark with Australian heritage, hence why us Aussies refer to her as Aussie princess.

I agree with that too, im just trying to point out that nobody really thinks she is a princess of Australia, she is a princess of Denmark with Australian heritage, hence why us Aussies refer to her as Aussie princess.

I completely understand what you are saying Australian, what upsets me is the way that some Danish members like to keep pointing out that Mary is not an Aussie Princess. If we really wanted to get nasty, I could say that Mary isn't a Danish Princess? Sure she is married to a Danish Prince but she is Australian. It just seems so petty. :glare:
I adore Mary, Frederik, Kingaroo and the little Princess, I don't care where they come from or what people call them. :flowers:

Let's get back on topic! If you wish to discuss Mary's nationality, please open another thread because this subject is not appropriate for this thread. Furthermore, it is unacceptable to single out members of other nationalities or ethnic backgrounds for whatever reason you may deem necessary.

It's time to review the TRF
Community Rules once more:

Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

That pretty photos but of the family, were a very elegant and own baptism of the daughter of inheriting princes.

I read that Woman's Daze article in the supermarket (I would never buy the magazine though ;) ) and all I could think was "big deal"...Now don't get me wrong I am a Mary fan and if what this article says is true (doubtful) then my only comment to Mary is: welcome to the real world!!! most mother's feel like single mothers because the men are off working, playing golf, whatever and in Fred's case, sailing...

I doubt Mary is actually complaining about this because while it might be true that her husband is away alot she has the advantage of being surrounded by hired help and family members and supportive friends and she need not be bothered with the little chores of life, like grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, that the rest of us mere mortals have to partake in...and I am sure (and most women will back me up here) if what you wish for actually DID come true, that your husband was home alot more...you would be complaining that you need your own space, he's crowding and smothering and always getting in the way...PLease please I have had enough please go sailing!!!

Back
Top Bottom