Frederik, Mary and Children on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are New Idea and Women's Day tabloids or are they women's magazines? They sound like tabloid press to me. :ermm:

Is today Feb. 5 Mary's birthday? And if it is how old is she?
:flowers:

georgiea said:
Is today Feb. 5 Mary's birthday? And if it is how old is she?
:flowers:

I think her birthday is Feb. 5th...not sure if so. But I do know she is 35.

The stories are just rubbish. You only have to look at the contents inside to see that. Mary looks beautiful with her new haircut- happy Birthday mary...:flowers:

The only two people in the world know the intimate details of their personal relationship are Frederik and Mary.

Unfortunately, speculation sells magazines, but people (some) are smart enough to know to take half of what they read with a grain of salt unless confirmed by the Palace.

Katrianna said:
Are New Idea and Women's Day tabloids or are they women's magazines? They sound like tabloid press to me. :ermm:

They're women's magazines crossed with tabloids. Generally, IMO, they make up the stories they print and pass them off as true. For example, the New Idea ran a story about Mary having post-natal depression, on the basis of her not smiling in one picture, but on the opposite page, she was smiling happily at Fred or someone.

So, like GlitteringTiaras said, take these stories to be worth a grain of salt.

gaby1985 said:
I don't understand this magazines last week mary was unhappy with her marriage and this week it's all about their happinnes

Confusing isn't it :wacko:
I think we all know that we can't really believe anything the media writes.
It's just a way to sell their magazines.

magazine's need to sell & the only way they can do that is have something on the cover that people are intrested in. Mary is well known & people are intrested in her & how she is adapting to royal life. They will write anything even knowing its not true to get a few extra $$$ & thats sad because it hurts. can you just imagine someone writing something about you which is totally not true & not only you reading but a few hundreds of people

Mary's on the front cover of Woman's Day this week. She looks really pretty on the cover. Sorry, I can't post any pictures now, I've got a pile of work to get through and inter-school exams coming up.
The main agenda...
Prince Frederick meeting up with a lady/ex-girlfriend called Marie or [in Denmark she's known as] "the one that got away" at the recent charity concert. Apparantly Fred banned photographers from filming there coincidental meeting and now Mary's a bit paranoid [just want to say, I don't think that Mary's gone crazy, I'm still a fan :flowers: ]. Theres a list along the right hand side of the double spread of P. Fred's past flames. Anyway, apparantly Mary broke down in tears and "according to palace insiders" Mary is trying to persude Fred from meeting up with her again. Plus, theres a paragraph as to why Marie, got away.

Hi flctylu, here's the Women's Day article:

The pregnant princess is devastated over Frederik rekindling an old flame.

Princess Mary was reportedly reduced to tears over Prince Frederik's emotional meeting with one of his former flames

Click here to read part of the story.

:)

I'm sure that if Frederick had shunned the former girlfriend the media would say that he was covering up a secret rendevous that they would have later, out of the public eye. :wacko:
Honestly, I'm sure that Mary is much too secure in her marriage to take notice of one hug with the 'ex who got away'
:sleep: Boring !!

JessRulz said:
So very true :sad: And what is worse: people believe their stories! :bang:
OK, as one Australasian to another, let's admit it. The NZ Woman's Weekly, Australian Woman's Weekly, Woman's Day, etc. ad nauseum, are our version of the tabloid press. :wacko:

Mary's on the cover of Woman's Day magazine this week. Apprantly Mary was "forced" to send Christian to school because she couldn't [according to insiders] hack the pressure of taking on Alex's patronages while juggling being a mum and preganant at the same time.
Woman's Day >> Home

Discussion on Sunrise this morning...they had the editor of New Idea on the show...everyone is quickly editing magazine front covers now...so its safe to assume that Monday's issue of Womans Day, New Idea [or next week issues, if Mary leaves the hospital tommorow and there is a photoshoot] will have Mary on the front cover or have something about the birth in it.

JessRulz said:
Oh. My. God. Do they not have anything legitimate to write about?? :bang: :bang:

Apparently not. Nonetheless, reading these magazines are quite entertaining if one is really, really bored.:lol: :rolleyes:

flctylu said:
Discussion on Sunrise this morning...they had the editor of New Idea on the show...everyone is quickly editing magazine front covers now...so its safe to assume that Monday's issue of Womans Day, New Idea [or next week issues, if Mary leaves the hospital tommorow and there is a photoshoot] will have Mary on the front cover or have something about the birth in it.

The new baby news, IMO, will definately be on the cover of WD and NI tomorrow. Even if it is like a wrap-around "souvenir" book ala Christian's christening with NI.

Well, there goes my plan for buying the mags later in the week ;)

I was shocked when I heard that some magazine or other in Australia had called Mary a bad mother. She's considered to be an excellent mother here in Denmark...

Dianedk said:
I was shocked when I heard that some magazine or other in Australia had called Mary a bad mother. She's considered to be an excellent mother here in Denmark...

If you live in Australia dianedk, generally it is known that both Women's Day and New Idea are 75% of the time based on fiction. They are our equivilant of the British tabloids. And the majority of the time, stories in both the above magazines are printed with the intent of getting people to buy them based on the "OMG" cover strategy, rather than the "Truth" cover strategy :bang:

Nothing was in this weeks NI and WD about the birth, they must be waiting for photos before they publish a story. The first magazine that will probably run the pics will be WHO as it comes out on Fridays :)

Mary is on the cover [rarely do we see Aussie newspapers with royals on the cover] of the Herald Sun. Got mum to get me a copy today ;) .

First article in a magazine about the birth, was indeed from Who :)

"Princess Pride"

And on a side note, in Who's "Celebrity Index" for this week's issue - showing what's hot and what's not ;) - Mary is #2 on the list (up from #112 in the previous week! :cool: )

Source: Scanned from WHO

I think Mary should fell a bit bad reading all these stories! Or she also could not read them at all!!

JessRulz said:
Cover of this week's New Idea (I'll replace it with the larger version when I buy the magazine)
"Meet Our New Aussie Princess"

Cover of the Women's Day (I'll replace this one too)
"Princess Mary's New Baby Joy - Meet 'Lille Pigen'"

:bang: I hate how they use "Our Aussie Princess" when the story is a good one, but when the story is bad it's all, "Denmark's Princess....." It annoys my soo much grrr....

Sources: Women's Day Website, New Idea Newsletter

Personally I hate how they call her 'Aussie' Princess at all.

She ceased to be an Australian when she got married and her children are certainly not Australian. They are, and quite correctly, Danish.

chrissy57 said:
Personally I hate how they call her 'Aussie' Princess at all.

She ceased to be an Australian when she got married and her children are certainly not Australian. They are, and quite correctly, Danish.

I think we have done this discussion to death, I hope we aren't going to rehash it.:neutral:
Fred and Mary's little princess is a beauty :flowers:

Apparantly in this weeks New Idea, Queen Ingrid is haunting our beloved Mary :lol: out of the Danish castles. Its reported that Freddy told Mary that she means no harm and to laugh it off...

Oh for crying out loud. The stories that these rags come up with. I wonder what they would do if faced with an actual story, or real facts?

flctylu said:
Apparantly in this weeks New Idea, Queen Ingrid is haunting our beloved Mary :lol: out of the Danish castles. Its reported that Freddy told Mary that she means no harm and to laugh it off...

Haha well it is possible, if one believes in the supernatural lol. Since i have had experiences with haunted houses, i quite believe it!

These magazines are really hilarious...I can't imagine how some people could believe what there is written in them. Reality is genereally more interesting than fiction..So, what's the reason of all this made up material that should make reasonable people yawn? ;) :rolleyes:

Vanesa.

:lol: I'm sure Mary is as amused by this story as we all are. You gotta love the press and their amazing imaginations. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom