Frederik, Mary and Children on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I am certain that Mary is well aware of what is going on in her marriage and doesn't need to depend on anything that is printed in the gutter press.

But I think is true that her husband should follow her closely in some events!!!I think is a really pity that he doesn't!!!!

HRH is doing, what I think to be, a stella job and I couldn't be more happy or more supportive of her and I am sure Frederik would agree.

The Aussie tabloids are doing what they do best and that is to try and bring about the downfall of famous (and I dont mean as in the Hollywood sense) ex-pats. At the start they seem all supportive but then... WHAM...:wacko:

I'm sure Mary, her family and freinds take it all with a grain of salt which I think is the best thing to do.

since they both have a good sense of humor maybe they sit around and laugh about some of it, i would think that would be the healthiest way to deal with it.

What I wonder is why these mags are so sure that Mary is always sad...? :cool: When do you see her sad?! She's always smiling! From what these mags say, you'd think she should already be suffering from depression and taking meds. I never read these type of mags....they make my blood boil! :mad:

Last edited:
RachelD said:
What I wonder is why these mags are so sure that Mary is always sad...? :cool: When do you see her sad?! She's always smiling! From what these mags say, you'd think she should already be suffering from depression and taking meds. I never read these type of mags....they make my blood boil! :mad:

I agree with you Rachel...they always say she is sad, but every picture we see her in, she's smiling! And they publish those pictures in their articles!
They did report that she had post-natal depression last year, and that she had had words with the Queen over Christian's christening, and this was from a "palace source"

Hem..."palace source" - read "Ekstra Bladet"

they need to send all the "palace sources" from all the royal houses to one of those faroe islands with no inhabitants lol

hi,
i just want to quickly report that (australian members that have read the sunday herald sun, today) that next sunday (the coming sunday 8th of october) free with the sunday herald sun, there will be a color magazine of pictures of little bubba prince christian from his birth till now (his first birthday).
[:flowers: i am so happy that i got today's issue of the sunday herald or i would have not known about it...it's like an oman or something:lol: i am definitly getting a copy;) ]

Last edited:
untitledvo2.png

Mary is on the cover of ekstrabladet today, "Mary in language crisis" reffering to her supposedly poor danish at the speech of the cultural prize last week

I think it is very difficult for an Australian to speek Danish! Danish is nort a very common language and not a very easy one so she is doing a great job in my opinion!!

Mary is the cover girl for Royalty Magazine again:

(Credit: Royalty Magazine)

Out of all the beautiful pictures to choose from Bornholm, they decide to use a picture when she's not smiling and has an odd expression on her face.

flctylu said:
hi,
i just want to quickly report that (australian members that have read the sunday herald sun, today) that next sunday (the coming sunday 8th of october) free with the sunday herald sun, there will be a color magazine of pictures of little bubba prince christian from his birth till now (his first birthday).
[:flowers: i am so happy that i got today's issue of the sunday herald or i would have not known about it...it's like an oman or something:lol: i am definitly getting a copy;) ]

...page out of the sunday magazine...

biboquinhas said:
I think it is very difficult for an Australian to speek Danish! Danish is nort a very common language and not a very easy one so she is doing a great job in my opinion!!

That is a misconception, that is is very hard to learn. It is actually fairly easy for an english speaker to learn. However pronounciation is very hard to master.

I also think she is doing a fine job, but the pronounciation seem to cause her some trouble, but not nearly enough to justify the frontpage in Ekstra Bladet, but then again it is not really a news paper.

MargreteI said:
That is a misconception, that is is very hard to learn. It is actually fairly easy for an english speaker to learn. However pronounciation is very hard to master.

I also think she is doing a fine job, but the pronounciation seem to cause her some trouble, but not nearly enough to justify the frontpage in Ekstra Bladet, but then again it is not really a news paper.

I dont want to drag up this whole issue again, but aome people masters language easier than others. And on that note, I believe that Alexandra already spoke several languages...

Tricota said:
I dont want to drag up this whole issue again, but aome people masters language easier than others. And on that note, I believe that Alexandra already spoke several languages...

Yes, and ?

I don't see how this relate to what I wrote. I did not bring up Alexandra. She is an entirely different person to me.

I was just correcting a misconception, that is is hard to learn danish. It is not. Especially not for an english speaking since the structure is allmost the same as well as basic grammer is sort of the same. The two languages are not wide apart.

In regards to Mary I am pretty sure she is quite fluent by now. You can tell she knows what to say, and that making it sound right is the hard part. It is not a problem. It is normal. She is not worse then other foreigners learning the language. She just have to speak publicly. The frontpage on Ekstra Bladet was by no means fair to her.

MargreteI said:
Yes, and ?

I don't see how this relate to what I wrote. I did not bring up Alexandra. She is an entirely different person to me.

I was just correcting a misconception, that is is hard to learn danish. It is not. Especially not for an english speaking since the structure is allmost the same as well as basic grammer is sort of the same. The two languages are not wide apart.

In regards to Mary I am pretty sure she is quite fluent by now. You can tell she knows what to say, and that making it sound right is the hard part. It is not a problem. It is normal. She is not worse then other foreigners learning the language. She just have to speak publicly. The frontpage on Ekstra Bladet was by no means fair to her.
ah, sorry i dindnt mean for the reply to be to you, just more in general. I didnt even noticed that i had replyed to you...sorry:sad:

Mary is on the cover of this week's Women's Day, although not the main story

(Women's Day Website)

Last edited by a moderator:
Birthday boy, Prince Christian is on the cover of todays issue of the Herald Sun (australian newspaper): 17th October, 2006

JessRulz said:
Mary is on the cover of this week's Women's Day, although not the main story

(Women's Day Website)

I had to chuckle about this one, Mary's new diet to look fantastic for her trip downunder. She always looks fantastic. She doesn't have an ounce of fat on her anywhere. :flowers:

Mary & Christian on the cover of the New Idea
Obviously, the magazine is running the birthday photos. I expect Women's Day to do the same. When I can get the cover of WD, I'll post it here

Source: New Idea Newsletter

The cover of Women's Day

Surprise surprise...they're running birthday pics!!
From the WD website, the little bit of writing they had about the article:

Prince Christian's first birthday party — family photo album special

Australia's own little prince celebrated his first birthday, on October 15, in style, with chocolate cake and kisses from his doting parents Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary. To mark the special occasion, Mary and Fred decided to release a series of official photographs of their tiny tot to share his milestone birthday with the world. This week's issue of Woman's Day features a special six-page family album of these intimate moments as well as all the details of his big day.

Source: Woman's Day Website

JessRulz said:
The cover of Women's Day

Surprise surprise...they're running birthday pics!!
From the WD website, the little bit of writing they had about the article:

Prince Christian's first birthday party — family photo album special

Australia's own little prince celebrated his first birthday, on October 15, in style, with chocolate cake and kisses from his doting parents Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary. To mark the special occasion, Mary and Fred decided to release a series of official photographs of their tiny tot to share his milestone birthday with the world. This week's issue of Woman's Day features a special six-page family album of these intimate moments as well as all the details of his big day.

Source: Woman's Day Website
my mum has this weeks copy of woman's day. i've fliped through it, i have only read a bit about the article but..."christian's birth brought out the best in frederick" (the pictures are the same one's posted in the "christian part3" thread", some of the pictures are enlarged to a "poster" size (really big pictures of baby christian). :flowers:
poster baby :flowers:

articles and pictures

there are a lot more pages, covering prince christian's birthday :flowers: (just, not enough time to post them here).

antonieta said:
Can someone translate the tittle please? Tanks.
I'm not German, but I think it means 'Will Mary lose her smile?'

Sounds like a typical tabloid heading;)

Yes, it does.
The main title says: Princess Mary. Is she loosing her smile?
The under titles:
.) More and more problems depress her.
.) Can she rely on Frederik?

I just had a look at this magazine but didn't buy it.
(I generally don't buy German magazines.)
It's one of those "poor Mary, bad Frederik"-articles,
warming up the fact that Mary went alone to the Swedish birthday party
and claiming that the marriage is in trouble because of Frederik's passion for sailing.
Mary tried hard to smile at the New Year's Courts but her smile was only show.
She is so sad because Frederik will leave her alone again in January.
But don't worry. In the end their love will be stronger than ever.:lol:

And the whole article which is full of mistakes
(Frederik was alone in Newport; the New Year's Court for the diplomatic corpse is the Court of Frederik and Mary,
on the very next day Mary - again left alone - hosted another court for her patronages...those are only the worst mistakes)
is combined with pictures of a - at least in my eyes - happily smiling and relaxed Mary and Frederik.
It's really funny.
(Especially because a few weeks ago they brought an article with pictures from Australia
and claiming Mary and Frederik are as happy as on the first day of their marriage.)

I always wonder why those journalists can't even get the most simple facts right?
Don't they do research?
I mean it's one thing to speculate about the royals' feelings
and can be quite amusing to read
but how is it possible to get not a single fact and date right
when you only have to look at the DRF's website?
If I would do my work like that I would get fired.

Last edited:
Mary this week on the cover of the German magazine Frau im Spiegel again, and once more a typical tabloid story, Userdane and ricarda ;) the caption and the article are about possible reasons for Mary's new hairstyle..:)

Frau im Spiegel cover 1.02.2007

I can't believe that so many things can happen in that women's life, it's a bit like Summer Bay.
She always looks so happy and so in love when she is with Frederik, I honestly wonder if the mags really think people take the stories seriously. There are some beautiful pictures though :flowers:

MargreteI said:

I agree with you. My mother tongue is Dutch and I've studied Danish for 2 years. Actually it's all pretty simple, the grammar, the vocabulary. The pronounciation is really the hardest thing, but I'm sure Mary speaks it very well.

Back
Top Bottom