Frederik, Mary and Children on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinkylou

Commoner
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
other crown princess' seem to feature dominantly on magazine covers, surely mary has too, can anyone post any?

Hi pinkylou!!
you're right, Mary sure has
Here are a few that I have, they mainly are from after Christian was born, because that's when I became interested in royalty and Mary as well

When Christian was born:

#1 - Herald Sun
#5 - WHO

Leaving the Hospital:
Herald Sun

Christian's Christening:

#1 - Herald Sun

Two before Christian was born:

#1&2 - New Idea

Sources: All photos I took of my own copies of said magazine/article - the last two are cut outs of the covers

Mary's first outing since the birth:
New Idea

And some recent (2006) covers:

#4 - Women's Day

Sources: All photos I took of my own copies of said magazine/article - first and last images are cuts outs of covers

Some from Royalty Magazine

Source: http://www.royalty-magazine.com/

Last edited:
JessRulz said:
Mary's first outing since the birth:
New Idea

And some recent (2006) covers:

#4 - Women's Day

Sources: All photos I took of my own copies of said magazine/article - first and last images are cuts outs of covers
What are they talking about? Mary's secret tears. :confused:

BurberryBrit said:
Are those mags Australian?

All except for the Royalty magazines.

I have bought every Australian magazine which has featured HRH the Crown Princess and needless to say I am running out of storage space :eek:

What are they talking about? Mary's secret tears.

Complete crap of course.lol. It said "Tearfurl Mary lonelier than ever as rivals try to steal her place as most loved Princess" .

A direct extract...

"The gloves are off in the house of Denmark as a bitter royal row erupts around Princess Mary and the women in her brother in-law's life. Insiders say Prince Joachim's new girlfriend Marie Cavallier and his ex-wife Princess Alexandra are desperate to topple Mary from her place at the top of the royal pecking order - and will stop at nothing to steal her limelight."

Nothing worth paying attention too, of course!

"MII"

Last edited:
It's interesting to see that once magazines get bored of all the happy and good things about Mary they start concoting stories about her being sad and loney. Why can't people just be happy for Mary instead of trying to unpick the fairytale?

It is sad how the media loved to tear down marriages of public figures.

No matter what, Mary is the crown princess of Denmark and the mother of a future king

Margrethe II said:
All except for the Royalty magazines.

I have bought every Australian magazine which has featured HRH the Crown Princess and needless to say I am running out of storage space :eek:

Complete crap of course.lol. It said "Tearfurl Mary lonelier than ever as rivals try to steal her place as most loved Princess" .

A direct extract...

"The gloves are off in the house of Denmark as a bitter royal row erupts around Princess Mary and the women in her brother in-law's life. Insiders say Prince Joachim's new girlfriend Marie Cavallier and his ex-wife Princess Alexandra are desperate to topple Mary from her place at the top of the royal pecking order - and will stop at nothing to steal her limelight."

Nothing worth paying attention too, of course!

"MII"

I wonder sometimes what people who publish this kind of nonsense actually think about their readers...

Piaa said:
I guess because fairytales do not last.....

If this were a fairytale marriage, I would probably agree Piaa, but it is not. It something very real as HRH the Crown Princess has made known.

Unfortunately there is that constant stigma of their union being a fairytale and most likely, it shall stay.

Totally agree with you MII!

Hello RachelD and welcome to the Forums :)

Glade you agree ;)

"MII"

Last edited:
I agree that it is very real for Mary....however how many of you have posted so many times what a fairytale her life has been so far....her marriage, her husband, her baby...the constant stigma you write about comes from all of us because face it for us her life is a fairytale.

The media have always tried to spin the negative side to marriages whether they are royal or celebrity....Mary is no different.

I would love to read the "Mary's secret tears" for a good laugh.

Where do the editors/writers come up with these ridiculous stores. Anyone with a half a brain would question the article. I mean let's think about it...and ex wife and a girlfriend (who may or may not be around in a couple of months time) who are desparate to topple the Next Queen of Denmark!

Piaa said:
however how many of you have posted so many times what a fairytale her life has been so far....her marriage, her husband, her baby...the constant stigma you write about comes from all of us because face it for us her life is a fairytale.

I certainly have not commented on her life being a fairytale & I never shall!

You see, I dont believe in fairytales, I believe in the reality of the situation.

I do see where you are coming from though.

"MII"

Last edited:
i think it's terrible how these magazines can say she is "lonely", "tearful", "living in fear", "runnaway" or telling her pregnancy secrets... and, worse, people buy them? i mean, if any of the royals said this explicitely and a magazine covered it completely with a good and logical research, i would run and buy it the first one, but this is obviously (even for non-royal watchers, it's not difficult to tell) something they invented. are all these all australian magazines?

zonk, i will have to disagree about the statement on the other ladies though. i'm not going to say anything about marie, but i think alexandra will always be there for the danish people. she still has her title, and in case she decides to re-marry, her majesty decided to give her another title. i doubt she would have done that if people in denmark weren't interested in her.

carlota said:
are all these all australian magazines?

As stated on the first page, all the magazines in this thread, discluding Royalty & Point de Vue magazine's are either Australian magazine or newspaper extracts.

"MII"

Last edited:
Carlota...perhaps your misunderstood me or I didn't make myself clear. My comments about Alexandra had nothing to that the fact that she is not admired, respected and loved by the people of Denmark. That is evident by the fact that she is invited to family events and the Queen did not take her title. Despite all those things and unless Frederick and Mary divorce..in the scheme of things she is still not going to be Queen of Denmark. My main point is this..the title and the focus of the article is just laughable that the future Queen would be in tears of two people trying to upstage her. And this is not arrogrance but simply a fact of life regarding their stations in the the DRF.

Mary is on the cover of this week's Women's Day. Wouldn't worry about the story, I thought it was total rubbish

Source: A photo of my own copy

JessRulz has got it right..the story is pure garbage, nothing more..that's one edition I certainly left on the shelf!

Our tabloids are disgusting.

"MII"

I agree, the story is pure fabrication, a load of crap. In a way its flattering to think that they will grasp at straws to put Mary in the magazine, I just wish that they would come up with something that is close to being true. Where do they come up with this? Its embarrasing.

missjane said:
I just wish that they would come up with something that is close to being true. Where do they come up with this? Its embarrasing.

Probably because it catches people attention and makes them pick up the magazine and possibly buy it. "Princess Mary Blisfully Happy" as a headline doesn't really pack the same tabloid punch!

Lizy said:
Probably because it catches people attention and makes them pick up the magazine and possibly buy it. "Princess Mary Blisfully Happy" as a headline doesn't really pack the same tabloid punch!

What Lizy has said is pretty true, many people wouldn't buy a magazine if it had "Mary's Fantastic Life" on the cover, week in week out, but they will if they see that there is some "gossip" on the cover about her, whether true or false

Here's this week's New Idea. Mary is in the bottom left corner. Sorry about the flash :eek:

Source: Photo of my own copy

Mary on the cover of Fresh magazine last year that I found

Apparently, Mary was expecting a girl...
Source: woolworthsfresh.com.au

JessRulz said:
Mary on the cover of Fresh magazine last year that I found

Apparently, Mary was expecting a girl...
Source: woolworthsfresh.com.au

I think tht's a pretty good example of the quality of the tabloids/magazines 'sources'. (hee hee!!:) )

Well, Mary is not exactly on the cover (main story way) there is a small bit at the bottom of New Idea about Mary and her "Baby Shock". I think my mum is getting that issue of New Idea today :) .

flctylu said:
Well, Mary is not exactly on the cover (main story way) there is a small bit at the bottom of New Idea about Mary and her "Baby Shock". I think my mum is getting that issue of New Idea today :) .

Mum got Womans Day. It has really big colorful pictures from Bornholm. I was indeed shocked as the title suggested in Womans Day that Mary is pregnant with baby no.2.

Last edited by a moderator:
could someone please tell me the story about Mary's "shattered fairytale" on woman's day shown above?

This week's New Idea and Women's Day. They both say Mary is pregnant with baby no.2, the New Idea's reasoning behind this is that Mary has worn two outfits she wore last year when she was pregnant (althought we didn't know) with Christian, and "she is not known to wear an outfit twice"!!

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hostinghttp://s2.supload.com/free/newidea.gif/view/

tinLy said:
could someone please tell me the story about Mary's "shattered fairytale" on woman's day shown above?

tinLy, the rough jist of the story was that cracks are starting to appear in Mary & Fred's marriage, and that Mary is homesick and lonely. And it brings up the "Nordic Imelda Marcos" thing on several occasions. They say that Mary is facing the heat about the blowing the budget alone because Fred is constanly away yatching. The closing line of the story is "Mary is yearning for the time when life was a whole lot simpler".
I doubt Mary would want to trade what she has with Fred and her beautiful baby boy for a simpler life!

Sources: Women's Day Website & New Idea Website

tinLy, the rough jist of the story was that cracks are starting to appear in Mary & Fred's marriage, and that Mary is homesick and lonely. And it brings up the "Nordic Imelda Marcos" thing on several occasions. They say that Mary is facing the heat about the blowing the budget alone because Fred is constanly away yatching. The closing line of the story is "Mary is yearning for the time when life was a whole lot simpler".
I doubt Mary would want to trade what she has with Fred and her beautiful baby boy for a simpler life!

Thanks for that:)

JessRulz said:
This week's New Idea and Women's Day. They both say Mary is pregnant with baby no.2, the New Idea's reasoning behind this is that Mary has worn two outfits she wore last year when she was pregnant (althought we didn't know) with Christian, and "she is not known to wear an outfit twice"!!

This thought had crossed my mind, briefly, too but it's probably the usual tabloid story telling rather than fact. As for Mary not being known to wear the same outfit twice; don't these journalists read The Royal Forums!? One look at the 'Mary recycles her clothes' thread would soon prove them wrong.:)

Last edited:
20001887bz.jpg

source: pressekatalog.de

It's the 'silly season' for the media right now or, as we say in Danish, 'cucumber season'. Except, isn't it always the silly season for the hard-core German gossip mags :D

Back
Top Bottom