Frederik, Mary and Children on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still can't work out why Billed Bladet did not produce an English version of their magazine for Australia since Mary got married. They would have done so well here I am sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
This weeks cover of Billed Bladet.
It looks like Frederik and Mary went to a baptism
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...d/public/media/article/bb34.jpg?itok=tBERzazL
Yes, they went to a baptism in Holmens Kirke (where the twins also were baptized).
It was Komtesse Ingeborg, daughter of Lensgreve Bendt Tido and Lensgrevinde Pernille, who were baptized and CP Frederik were one of six godparents.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/billed-b...uge-kronprinsparret-til-enestaaende-barnedaab

Last edited:
Australian media can this week tell something I am really looking forward to :)
Frederik and Mary are pregnant again :D

New Idea
https://s.yimg.com/ea/img/-/150925/ni4015_cover_nobc_1b09fol-1b09frc.jpg

Womans Day
https://assets01.magshop.com/au/assets/flipbook/0008889_womans-day.jpeg

Thanks, Roskilde.

But I don't understand how on earth you can sell a magazine week after week based on made up stories?!?
Who want's to buy a magazine that sells fiction about well known people?
Why aren't they sued to pieces?

Gee, how many children would that make for them - 10 or 12? I wonder where the rest of them are since we only see 4.:ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I would be very surprised if they have any more children. Considering their ages, and the fact that they get closer to the throne every year, it would be very difficult. Yes, I know she has help, but she has to carry and deliver the baby(ies) herself!

Muhler, we have those types of magazines/tabloids in the US, too. Some of them have been sued successfully, but they still go on and on. As long as people keep buying them, they will stay in business.

Gee, how many children would that make for them - 10 or 12? I wonder where the rest of them are since we only see 4.:ROFLMAO:

:D
I've read this story quite a few times before, it's getting old now. I would love to know how many readers of the magazine actually genuinely believe that this is true...

Dear TRF members,

Sadly it seems there is no baby-news for Frederik and Mary :D
Danish media has picked up the baby-news and called the DRF's communications department and they denies a pregnancy.

Mary er IKKE gravid | SE og HØR

On the other hand, they always do before a official press release :p

Last edited:
:previous:Did they really contact the royal house? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: wow, I guess some do believe these stories or had story deadlines due :whistling:

mary always surprises me. she has insisted several times that she doesn't like being photographed and that she really is a shy person. yet, there have been so many interviews published in the press, both in denmark and in australia, with what looks to be fairly professional and extensive photo productions that i find it difficult to believe that she doesn't like photographs. if that was the case, why would she give out interviews and offer pictures to the publications, often involving several outfit changes (which i assume would make photo sessions even longer)? that would be similar to torture for anyone who truly doesn't enjoy being pictured.

i wonder if she says this because it sounds humble or because it is the right thing to say? i can otherwise not explain it.

Last edited:
:previous: Perhaps it makes her relax, if she is "putting on her role"?

Place me in front of a camera and tell me to say cheese and I'll immediately be mistaken for a serial-killer. :shock:
But give me something to do and the pics become, well... more tolerable. :p

mary always surprises me. she has insisted several times that she doesn't like being photographed and that she really is a shy person. yet, there have been so many interviews published in the press, both in denmark and in australia, with what looks to be fairly professional and extensive photo productions that i find it difficult to believe that she doesn't like photographs. if that was the case, why would she give out interviews and offer pictures to the publications, often involving several outfit changes (which i assume would make photo sessions even longer)? that would be similar to torture for anyone who truly doesn't enjoy being pictured.
What are you talking about :ermm: Mary doesn't give many interviews.
40th birthday, as an example was, IIRC, 1 interview. 40th birthday of Marie, IIRC, 3 magazines.

Offer pictures to publications....?? Often...

What are you talking about :ermm: Mary doesn't give many interviews.
40th birthday, as an example was, IIRC, 1 interview. 40th birthday of Marie, IIRC, 3 magazines.

Offer pictures to publications....?? Often...

what am i talking about? it's not that hard:

she offered way more interviews than most royals! yes, if you compare her interviews to those given by britney spears in the 2000s, then there may not be that many, but for a royal, she has done a significant amount of exclusives. i don't think any other crown princesses, or royals, have done as many.

but how many is not my point. my point is that she doesn't need to do it at all if she truly dislikes it. if you are a person who doesn't like photos, then... why put yourself in that situation?

Perhaps it makes her relax, if she is "putting on her role"?

Place me in front of a camera and tell me to say cheese and I'll immediately be mistaken for a serial-killer.
But give me something to do and the pics become, well... more tolerable.

you always make me laugh, mulher. :flowers:

:previous: I think she gives just the right amount.
she may not like them but it helps but focus on her causes and work.
the recent one, she did not talk about her private life at all, it was all about work.
It comes with her role, she cant shut herself away.

I seen more interviews from Alexandra and Marie, if we are speaking royals in the Danish family. Marie for her 40th gave two-three different interviews with extensive photo shoots with Joachim and the kids.

:previous: I think she gives just the right amount.
she may not like them but it helps but focus on her causes and work.
the recent one, she did not talk about her private life at all, it was all about work.
It comes with her role, she cant shut herself away.

I seen more interviews from Alexandra and Marie, if we are speaking royals in the Danish family. Marie for her 40th gave two-three different interviews with extensive photo shoots with Joachim and the kids.

i agree, polyesco, the latest interview mary has done was about her work, but if i remember correctly most of her interviews for magazines were about her life, herself and about the clothes she wore.

i am unsure why bringing up how many interviews marie / alexandra have done is relevant - as far as i know marie or alexandra never said they disliked photos.

i have nothing against work related interviews, or even personal interviews, but it is striking if someone says they feel uncomfortable being photographed and then go and do a photoshoot for vogue.

really? most I have read are about her work.
But we'll agree to disagree:flowers:

Does anyone know where I can see old covers of the Danish magazine Billed-Bladet?

Back
Top Bottom