Frederik, Mary and Children on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonderful pictures of Frederik and Mary! They're really good together. We always hear Mary is good for Frederik, but Frederik is definitely good for Mary as well.

I like that they always are proud of their home. And having seen it myself, I understand why.

Another thing I found quite fun to know is that Frederik call Mary for Maz :)
I wonder if he has called her Maz all the years...

Thanks Lady Rosie, I would be grateful for that :flowers:

Last edited:
Thanks, Lady Rosie. :flowers:

I love to learn about what goes on behind the scenes.

Who is Jane Wheatley? How would you Aussies describe her as a journalist?

To be honest Muhler, I am not really familiar with the name. I could have read her work before but she is not one of the "big name" journalists. I am looking forward to the article tomorrow.

Pleasure, Roskilde!

Last edited:
Very wonderful pictures and interview.

Here is the interview, I believe in full.
True romance

Can i just say, Frederik looks so handsome in a tux. ;)
Love this picture
http://images.smh.com.au/2013/10/11/4822173/MOR-royals-narrow-20131011121625959771-300x0.jpg

Parts of the interview that i like. They both seem at ease and also very proud of their home.

"They're royal, but ordinary, and the chemistry is real"

"As we stroll from room to room, our heels clicking on the newly scrubbed pine boards, they are much like any married couple who have done up a house and are eager to show it off."

"He looks at his wife. "Where do you want to sit, Maz?" Evidently the prince has adopted the Australian habit of shortening names.":ROFLMAO:

"How does he find time among public and family duties to keep up that level of fitness? "I make time because I love sport," he says. "Fortunately, I can combine my passion with a duty, which is to show people through example that physical exercise is extremely important for health and to counteract obesity."

"Denmark is a famously egalitarian society and questioning people in the street elicited a similar response each time: "nobody is above anyone else; the royals are one of us"."

"The prince regularly visits schools and other institutions. "By the time he is king, everyone will feel they know him," his private secretary tells me."

"The princess notes that it is 56 years since Utzon won a design competition for a dedicated opera house at Bennelong Point (Utzon moved his office to Sydney in 1963). "It is incredible that Utzon had the vision to use the site in the way he did, and for Australia to nod and say yes to it. That was really strong for such a young nation. It is bound up in a lot of national pride, for Australia and for Danes, too. We are touched to be invited to mark the anniversary of the day 50 years ago that the two countries said yes to each other."

Beside her, the prince looks up startled. "I thought you were talking about us, saying yes to each other 50 years ago." His wife smiles. "That was in another life, Frederik."

But there is a symmetry, I suggest. The prince nods. "Yes, almost destiny, like it was written."":flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary looks absolutely stunning in all of those pictures. Frederik looks a bit odd in some of them, but I believe that comes down to the photographer (Franne Voigt isn't one of my own personal favourite photographers, he has nothing on Steen Brogaard) - anyway, we still love you, Frede! :D I really like this picture in particular.

very much enjoyed reading the interview. i know it is a bit romantic to say, but frederik&mary are just meant to be together maybe destiny is a real thing :)

Here is the interview, I believe in full.
True romance

Thanks polyesco :flowers:

Here's one more picture http://25.media.tumblr.com/c446337f32192999e808b7e3b0553272/tumblr_muid49EHcq1r6jme9o1_500.jpg

One of the more funny parts of the interview:

- The princess has been voted Europe's best dressed royal in polls. "Well," she says, "some may think that, others that I'm the worst."

Her husband frowns. "That's not true," he says loyally. "If so, we will hunt them down and smoke them out of their holes!" - :lol:

Well done, Frederik. No one should bother your wife!

Thank you polyesco. You all saw and enjoyed it first while I slept!

Lovely article and photos. It gives a good insight into their professional lives.

That's very interesting that Frederik calls her Maz!

That's a combination of Mary and Elizabeth, I bet. Combining Mary and Liz into Maz!

That's very interesting that Frederik calls her Maz! That's a combination of Mary and Elizabeth, I bet. Combining Mary and Liz into Maz!

It's just an Aussie thing - a lot of names are shortened like this eg Karen becomes Kaz, Gary becomes Gaz, Brian becomes Baz etc.

It has nothing to do with the middle names as friends do it to each other's names as well. Friends being obviously less likely to know our middle name.

The Aussie way is just to shorten any name that we possibly can. My son is Harry and he has become Haz (unless in trouble). My daughter is Tahnee and she is Tahn to everyone.

Our other way is too add o eg Damian becomes Damo, Brendan becomes Brendo etc.

It doesn't matter what 'level' of society someone is perceived to be at - we do it to everyone eg our last Prime Minister Kevin Rudd became Kev.

That's very interesting that Frederik calls her Maz!

That's a combination of Mary and Elizabeth, I bet. Combining Mary and Liz into Maz!

Actually its just an Ozzie thing of shortening a name and we seem to put the letter z or za to the end of it such as
Gary - Gaz or Gazza
Darren - Daz or Dazza
Barry - Baz or Bazza
Harry - Haz or Hazza
Mary - Maz or Mazza
Sharon - Shaz or Shazza

Its a term of endearment ;)
Which made me smile when I read it because to me that suggests how relaxed and at ease they are in their relationship.
I think their 4 children must enjoy a loving and secure home setting which is nice to see.

The couple is very lovely. Crown Prince Frederic is quite dashing.

Oh I know it's an Aussie thing, I was just wondering if maybe her middle name played into it!

Since I know several Mary's who have their name shortened to Mer! :)

No, it's purely Mary shortened to Maz. Middle names don't come into it.

i did not know about the aussie thing to shortened names but great to learn new things here, thanks, and i would love too see the photo where mary lying in her husbands arms but otherwise all the other photos are lovely :)

i did not know about the aussie thing to shortened names but great to learn new things here, thanks, and i would love too see the photo where mary lying in her husbands arms but otherwise all the other photos are lovely :)

MaggieDemark, I have looked again at the "paper" version of the article. The photo they talk about where Mary is lying in Frederik's arms isn't there.

MaggieDemark, I have looked again at the "paper" version of the article. The photo they talk about where Mary is lying in Frederik's arms isn't there.

thank you for looking lady rosie, i guess it is maybe too private a picture, i guess they have keeped it for their own private photo album :)

Thank you polyesco. You all saw and enjoyed it first while I slept!

Lovely article and photos. It gives a good insight into their professional lives.

Yes there has been a good coverage of the interview and all the pictures online. But I'm a bit curious, is there more in the edition in the newspaper, dear Lady Rosie? More information, or more pictures which we haven't seen online? Or have we got it all online? :flowers:

Yes there has been a good coverage of the interview and all the pictures online. But I'm a bit curious, is there more in the edition in the newspaper, dear Lady Rosie? More information, or more pictures which we haven't seen online? Or have we got it all online? :flowers:

Roskilde, it appears that everything in the paper version is online. If anything else pops up I will let you all know.

- The princess has been voted Europe's best dressed royal in polls. "Well," she says, "some may think that, others that I'm the worst."

Her husband frowns. "That's not true," he says loyally. "If so, we will hunt them down and smoke them out of their holes!" - :lol:

Well done, Frederik. No one should bother your wife!

Great interview, thanks for sharing :flowers:

Frederik´s remark was one of the funniest and sweetest parts of it :D
I love that he is sticking up for Mary and deeply cares about her feelings, that´s true love :) CP Frederik & Mary are very thoughtful, humble, compassionate and professional at everything they do, that´s so inspiring and admirable!

Not sure if this has been posted.

It's an Australian article about dressing Mary in various Australian designers for the Women's Weekly and why: Dressing Crown Princess Mary
A behind the scenes article.

My pleasure, dbarn67 :flowers:

BB has published it's yearly review of the DRF, going from October 2012 to October 2013. The Gold Issue.
That is very affordable and very good option for collectors.
https://app.box.com/s/ilkrwmo7ag3zci1ijbcq

I do not intend to buy the magazine this year as it is mainly based on articles and photos in the weekly edition of BB.

But to give you an idea of the content here is the Gold Issue from 2007: https://app.box.com/shared/541gu2b01s

Last edited:
CP Mary on the cover of Billedbladet coming out tomorrow.
"Inside Amalienborg - Mary tells: Our life at the castle"

In 2010 two authors released the book 'Amalienborg' where they got the opportunity both to interview and photograph Margrethe, Henrik and Frederik. Now it Mary's turn. The book has just been released in a new version, where the two authors this time got the opportunity to interview and photograph Mary inside the castle and to a talk about adjusting to the new palace, the shift from living in Kancellihuset to living at Amalienborg and about the family life.

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1467355_584926018245833_245205550_n.jpg
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi..._1/media/bb49_2013_smugkig1.jpg?itok=H1B1yWmx

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom