Frederik, Mary and Children on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:why was Mary not included in the 2010 interview?

love the pic of her and ziggy.

Article and HQ picture from B.T.

Mary: Så tæt sover vi sammen - Royale | www.bt.dk

Polyesco, I think the reason is that Mary back in 2010 simply didn't had much to tell about Amalienborg. Frederik, Margrethe and Henrik have all lived there their entire lives and had plenty to share and tell about, but Mary moved to Amalienborg the last month of 2010 and the interviews were conducted during the autumn of 2010. Now, Mary have lived at Amalienborg for three years and can now tell 'her history/version' about Amalienborg and the home she has created with Frederik.

Last edited:
:previous:thank you. Makes perfect sense. I remember now that they moved in when Mary was pregnant with the twins:flowers:

Thanks for posting Roskilde.

They are both lovely photos of Mary I especially like the one on the cover of BB.

Last edited:
Before anything else i would like to say that i'm only a member of this forum because i 'm a big "fan" of the danish royal family.
But seeing this last cover of Billedbladet well... makes me think of discrimination. Why put on the cover only the children of the crownprince couple?
I don't understand danish but for the cover it looks like it's about Queen's birthday celebration... and all her grandchildren (except Athena) were present.

Both main weekly magazines feature M&F's 10th wedding anniversary.

Mary & Fred: A decade of love : Woman's Day

Included in the paper version is a 16 page souvenir booklet.

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-idea/

In the New Idea Mary's brother and sister in law Leanne talk about how loving M&F are. Also the three siblings, spouses and children were due to go to Amalienborg for coming Christmas. This has been cancelled because QMII has "plans".

Nice photos and an interesting read but bear in mind both mags are gossip mags and not broadsheet journalism!

Last edited:
:previous:

Thanks for keeping us updated Lady Rosie :flowers:

Can see the booklet here: https://www.facebook.com/WomansDayA...12181160772/10152089374335773/?type=1&theater

As you mention, both magazines are gossip magazines. But can you feel if the interview with Mary's brother John and sister-in-law Leanne is real or fake? Somehow, I doubt Mary's always discreet family would comment on private things like Christmas plans. It could, however, be very nice for Mary to celebrate Christmas with her entire family and the upcoming Christmas it actually is Frederik and Mary's turn to celebrate Christmas at home in Frederik 8's Palace with Mary's family. They switch between the families. If true, I think it would be a litle shame if it was going to be canceled.

Maybe asking stupid, but what is Mary's big secret? :cool:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd....248_775637595789043_6147658507366498476_n.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for keeping us updated Lady Rosie :flowers:

Can see the booklet here: https://www.facebook.com/WomansDayA...12181160772/10152089374335773/?type=1&theater

As you mention, both magazines are gossip magazines. But can you feel if the interview with Mary's brother John and sister-in-law Leanne is real or fake? Somehow, I doubt Mary's always discreet family would comment on private things like Christmas plans. It could, however, be very nice for Mary to celebrate Christmas with her entire family and the upcoming Christmas it actually is Frederik and Mary's turn to celebrate Christmas at home in Frederik 8's Palace with Mary's family. They switch between the families. If true, I think it would be a litle shame if it was going to be canceled.

Maybe asking stupid, but what is Mary's big secret? :cool:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd....248_775637595789043_6147658507366498476_n.jpg

Roskilde, I forgot to write that! Thank you for being on the ball. The secret appears to be that Mary will be coming to Australia next year for her sister Jane's 50th birthday party. Not an official visit.

Leanne has commented at various times and seems to do so without causing a rift. Whenever she makes them, the comments are usually harmless but offer a little insight into Mary's life.

Quotes from Leanne in the article:

"It's as if Mary was born to the role. We are so proud of the way she works so hard, and has earned her place as a much-loved and admired royal."

"The great thing about Mary is she has stayed a very real person. There are no airs and graces with her. She is just who she is. She is a lovely lady and she has stayed the same."

"Mary and Fred are more in love than ever. They are soulmates and they are definitely made for each other."

On F & M:
"And they're still the same today. Whenever we see them they are happy together. They are very open with their emotions with each other, very much in love."

Jane's birthday party:

"It's possible Mary will be here for Jane's 50th."
"It will be a private visit-just a big Donaldson family party. We're good at throwing parties. And Mary loves coming home so there will be plenty to celebrate."

Christmas 2014 in DK:

"It was to be the ultimate family reunion."

"We were all going to descend on Amalienborg Palace for a big family Christmas. We were all so excited, but sadly due to royal duty,we've had to postpone the reunion. We don't know when we'll be going now."
"All we know is Mary's plans changed, that the Queen had something on."

That pretty much sums up Leanne's quotes.

Last edited:

Oh, I hadn't seen you had updated your post, Lady Rosie. But thank you :flowers:

Yes quite harmless comments from Leanne, but nonetheless quite lovely.

Sometimes I can't help but think Mary must miss her family incredibly much there Down Under.

At any rate, a shame they had to cancel the big family Christmas reunion - had been fun for the Donaldson Family.

Roskilde, I forgot to write that! Thank you for being on the ball. The secret appears to be that Mary will be coming to Australia next year for her sister Jane's 50th birthday party. Not an official visit.

Leanne has commented at various times and seems to do so without causing a rift. Whenever she makes them, the comments are usually harmless but offer a little insight into Mary's life.

Quotes from Leanne in the article:

"It's as if Mary was born to the role. We are so proud of the way she works so hard, and has earned her place as a much-loved and admired royal."

"The great thing about Mary is she has stayed a very real person. There are no airs and graces with her. She is just who she is. She is a lovely lady and she has stayed the same."

"Mary and Fred are more in love than ever. They are soulmates and they are definitely made for each other."

On F & M:
"And they're still the same today. Whenever we see them they are happy together. They are very open with their emotions with each other, very much in love."

Jane's birthday party:

"It's possible Mary will be here for Jane's 50th."
"It will be a private visit-just a big Donaldson family party. We're good at throwing parties. And Mary loves coming home so there will be plenty to celebrate."

Christmas 2014 in DK:

"It was to be the ultimate family reunion."

"We were all going to descend on Amalienborg Palace for a big family Christmas. We were all so excited, but sadly due to royal duty,we've had to postpone the reunion. We don't know when we'll be going now."
"All we know is Mary's plans changed, that the Queen had something on."

That pretty much sums up Leanne's quotes.

thank you for including these here:flowers:

Do we know when Jane's birthday is? it will be wonderful if Mary can go (and Frederik too)

Thank you polyesco and Roskilde.

From what I can make out, her birth date is 26th December 1965.

I have to double check google but I think this would be correct. If so, Danish members would it seem unlikely that Mary would be able to travel away from DK over Christmas and the New Years Levees?

Maybe it would be an excuse for the Doanldson family to travel to DK and combine Christma and birthday in one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dalgleish_Donaldson

Last edited:
Thanks, Polyesco.

That's a nice coverage. Is there anything interesting in the article?

Mills & Boon = publishers of "light romantic fiction", I suppose it could be termed :)

I love that white gown on Point de Vue cover ..... the rest is old hat and or rehash

Mills and Boon. My late grandmother and mother used to read them. Think Barbara Cartland and you are not far off!

Last edited:
A photo of Princess Mary on one of the Australian Women's Magazines this week, states that Mary is pregnant again with twins. Certainly by the photo she could be. Can anyone enlighten me if this is true ?

Last edited:
I will go one step further and provide a link to WD's 'article:
Mary and Fred’s double joy! :: Woman's Day Magazine Mobile
And then I will quote what a friend said when I showed her the article a couple of days ago:
"If Mary had been pregnant every time Frede looks at her lovingly or touches her, there would be at least 30 children by now."
And then I will provide a couple of picsd from their first day in Greenland, when the pic in the WD story was taken, with the jacket off:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hH5KymgXY...0/Capture+d’écran+2014-08-02+à+12.30.37.png
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-abt9ysAFT...0/Capture+d’écran+2014-08-02+à+12.30.46.png
The journalists coming up with these stories forget two vital pieces of information:
1. The woman is now 42 years old, not 33, 35 or 38 years old.
2. She already has, not 1, not 2, but 4 very active children, as the just-concluded trip to Greenland showed.
For me, until the court publishes news on their website titled "HRH The Crown Princess is Pregnant", I'll take this "news" from the magazine as a belated attempt to sell more copies of their magazine.

There´s nothing here in DK going about CPss Mary being pregnant...

Back
Top Bottom