Frederik and Mary Visit Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany: September 27-28, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I like the coat but what on earth is that on her head.? Ugh!:eek: .....like the black dress too.:flowers:

Beautiful dress. She looks like a goddess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that floral coat and so must Mary because she looks like the kind of person, if she doesn't like something or something doesn't work the first time, in terms of clothing, you just never see it again...I thought she was wearing it as a slight nod to the exhibition content - Flora Danica...Mary is a Danish flower ;)

As for the black off the shoulder dress, love it! Very Diana-ish, very flattering and very retro...which Mary seems to be embracing at the moment (with her party pantsuit, black and gold print dress and now this) She looks like she is being a bit more adventurous and taking risks and coming into her own as Crown Princess....the years of playing it safe might be behind her...

She looks nice, but CP Fred looks OLD. The beard is unkempt and he looks like an old alcoholic rather than a dashing CP!

I love that floral coat and so must Mary because she looks like the kind of person, if she doesn't like something or something doesn't work the first time, in terms of clothing, you just never see it again...I thought she was wearing it as a slight nod to the exhibition content - Flora Danica...Mary is a Danish flower ;)

As for the black off the shoulder dress, love it! Very Diana-ish, very flattering and very retro...which Mary seems to be embracing at the moment (with her party pantsuit, black and gold print dress and now this) She looks like she is being a bit more adventurous and taking risks and coming into her own as Crown Princess....the years of playing it safe might be behind her...
I thought exactly the same thing! For a 5 months pregnant woman with twins, she looks utterly gorgeous! I love the simplicity of the black evening dress!

She looks nice, but CP Fred looks OLD. The beard is unkempt and he looks like an old alcoholic rather than a dashing CP!
I won't go as far as to say that he looks like an alcoholic, but he could have had his hair cut! While the beard may not to everyone's liking, he looks more mature with the beard!

Anyone would think that Diana was the epitome of perfect styling! :bang: Mary and her conteporaries are far more stylish than Diana ever was and spend less money. I can only think of about 6 outfits that Diana wore more than twice.

Poor Mary cannot win for trying, some people complain about how much money she spends on clothes and then she gets complaints about how often she wears something.

Love the cute little jet that they flew in on. I don't think I have ever seen that before.

I like the repeats, that jacket suits her

:lol: I have to laugh over the bolded part. It's funny reading this and in this thread and Crown Princess Letizia's thread people are complaining about the Princesses rewearing the same outfits.

(Not the correct thread, I know, but for her time, Diana did have great 'style'. Her designer died this weekend and the online version of Hello magazine has a little photo expo of some of the outfits she designed for Diana. For the late 80s/early 90s, they're pretty awesome.)

Anyone would think that Diana was the epitome of perfect styling! :bang: Mary and her conteporaries are far more stylish than Diana ever was and spend less money. I can only think of about 6 outfits that Diana wore more than twice.

I think CP Mary looks stunning, esp in the black evening outfit - WOW!!! She doesn't even look pregnant there! Wish I cld look that great when I was pregnant. Wonder how she maintains that?

Wow, what an amazingly busy day!! They did so much today and looked like they enjoyed every bit of it.

I didn't realise what a furore I would cause when I said Mary's black dress was Diana-ish...I meant it in that Diana was partial to the one shoulder gown and after she turfed Charles, her style became shorter hemlines and higher heels...So I see this evolvution happening with Mary (not that she has turfed Fred) but she seems to be growing more confident, with Fred almost 10 years, married for 6 years, almost mother of four, approaching 40 years old and maybe evenly Queenly responsibility, maybe Mary figures her time to be daring and adventurous in a fashion sense is running out....So she is doing a sprint and embracing the time she has left as a young and carefree woman and I like it :)

:previous: I wouldn't let it bother you, Anna. Some people are just a little hypersensitive about anything 'Diana' related.

An occasional wardrobe likeness is hardly worth someone losing their 'cool' over, and it's not as though you were suggesting any notable likeness between either lady. Just their apparel.

Moving on...

Her choice of jewellery contrasts really well with black, but then again gold usually does. Bold, weighted pieces infuse a contemporary edge to her appearance. No surprises there though.

Love that Mary recycled this coat (it's one of my favourite coats of her's). Could have done without the headpiece (or maybe pinned her hair back).

Last edited:
While Mary was coming down the steps of the plane, Fred was already greeting people. Mary is pregnant, in high heels, surely the chivalris thing to do would be to watch and make sure she didn't trip. It just looks a bit uncaring IMO. Everyone else would wait until he did that. Speaking of Fred, he looks ill and a little untidy -sorry, just my opinion.

Great pictures of the trip and Mary looks lovely both during the day and smashing in the evening. I know this isn't the Mary Style thread, but I've always loved the coat she was wearing.:flowers:

While Mary was coming down the steps of the plane, Fred was already greeting people. Mary is pregnant, in high heels, surely the chivalris thing to do would be to watch and make sure she didn't trip. It just looks a bit uncaring IMO. Everyone else would wait until he did that. Speaking of Fred, he looks ill and a little untidy -sorry, just my opinion.
With all due respect...let's give CP Mary some credit.:flowers: She is a physically fit woman in fantastic shape who is accustomed to being pregnant and wearing heels. If she had any concerns about walking down steps and wearing heels, then she could have worn flats instead. She is pregnant and her baby bump is not that big that she can't see in front of her. She took her time and walked down the airplane steps as she should have done. She is also still carrying out her solo official duties so it isn't like CP Frederik is going to be around all the time to watch and make sure she can go up and down steps.
What was even more precarious to me was the official event where she and Frederik were feeding the penguins, given how uneven the ground was. But she managed that perfectly!!!:) So no worries!:p

:previous: I quite agree Terri. And there was a hand rail alongside the jet's stairs which I noticed Mary made use of.

It's hats HRH has the odd misunderstanding with, not really her stilettos. She has the art of heel wearing down to a t ;)

:previous: I quite agree Terri. And there was a hand rail alongside the jet's stairs which I noticed Mary made use of.

It's hats HRH has the odd misunderstanding with, not really her stilettos. She has the art heel wearing down to a t ;)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Great PPE-Agency pics!
PPE Agency

They look great, and I love, love, love Mary's jacket..

Looks like she didn't make much of an effort to-day. her hair seems greasy, her make-up is badly applied and those pants seem like they could belong to Frederik.
Must do better.

I think he looks dashing with the beard! Funny how we all see different things and what appeals to us. Keeps things interesting:flowers:

It´s so nice to see Mary and Frederik in Germany. I think she looks wonderful during the whole visit. And after seeing her "live" in Stockholm in June, i have to say, that she is one of the most beautiful women i have ever seen.

The couple look good together.
Mary looks wonderful with a bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom