Frederik & Mary in Australia for Sister's Wedding: January 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary looks great. I agree with a couple of you about the ribbon--i think she's addicted to have ribbons on her clothes now. The ribbon around the waist is fashionable now and I think you'll see it a lot for spring time. But this time it doesn't go well with her top. It looks too busy and clashes with the lacy top.

From Hello Magazine:

Mary Donaldson Steals Show at Sister's Wedding

20 JANUARY 2004
While the average bride might be peeved not to be the centre of attention at her wedding, there is one woman in white who will surely forgive one of her special guests for overshadowing her trip down the aisle.

The scene-stealing invitee in question is Australian beauty Mary Donaldson, who was accompanied by her fiancé Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, when her sister Patricia Woods tied the knot in Tasmania this past weekend.

As the princess-to-be, dressed in a mint-hued knee-length dress, watched her elder sibling wed Scott Bailey, the eyes of the world were watching her. Throngs of press and wellwishers had braved cold, showery weather hoping to catch a glimpse of the future royal bride outside the private residence where the garden ceremony was held.

Despite the worldwide attention, inside the venue the romantic ceremony went without a hitch. Mary took centre stage just once, reading a love poem she is thought to have written herself in honour of the happy couple, called This Day.

Early during her trip home, Mary was asked how arrangements were going for her own nuptials. "They are coming along," replied the 31-year-old future royal. "There is a lot to do!"

Attachments

• donaldson_dop2a.jpg
    donaldson_dop2a.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,024
well, wishing them a safe trip.

I really loved to see their pictures enjoying in Australia. They look so sweet, at ease and very confident.

Because from the moment Mary steps into Copenhagen, she would be very busy again in preparation for her own wedding to Fred. As what she have said that there is a lot to do. But she should not worry because the more she works hard for the preparations, the more beautiful her wedding is.

That's a nice thing to say Paulette. :flower:

Mary's got great women around her.... her sisters, Alex, her stepmum and of course QM.... I hope they rally around Mary and have a great time planning the wedding with her (and Fred! the man always gets left behind!).

Originally posted by Dennism@Jan 18th, 2004 - 3:39 am
Reaching the car.
That Definatly isn't any Australian Number plate. ours go something like: AA - 9999

Jasl as you are in Sydney maybe you should go and hang out at the Slipp Inn Bar tonight (preferable in a pair of bright chequed yellow pants or red novelty boxers to make Fred feel an affinitywith you) to see if they show up. Then you could report to us all.

I love these last photos of Mary and Fredrik on the beach...Mary looks so cute as she responds to the wter while Fredril looks so unresponsive next to her!!

:lol: It's funny coz the Dane is so cruisy whilst the Australian looks scared of the SURF!!! Now that's something you don't see everyday!!!

Originally posted by Edmund@Jan 21st, 2004 - 12:40 am
Jasl as you are in Sydney maybe you should go and hang out at the Slipp Inn Bar tonight (preferable in a pair of bright chequed yellow pants or red novelty boxers to make Fred feel an affinitywith you) to see if they show up. Then you could report to us all.
:p :p You're right! I think they would be taking pics/ video of Slipp Inn wouldn't they?? Why o why didn't I buy that ugly chequed pants that was on sale in Grace Bros during Boxing day!!!! :p

(P.S. I don't actually want to bother them in real life. I think they should have fun without all the attention. )

Great pictures.

It seems like Mary doesn't like to get wet. :lol:

Well, they seemed like they had a great time.

January 20, 2004 ***EXCLUSIVE*** . Crown PrinceFrederik and Mary Donaldson arrive at Icebergs Restaurant in Bondi Beach with friends and a lady whom we understand is to be one of the bridesmaids at the Royal wedding in May © JF / Dana Press

:p

;)

B)

:flower:

Attachments

• mary.jpg
    mary.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 2,257
  • mary4.jpg
    mary4.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 3,108
  • mary3.jpg
    mary3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 2,003
  • mary1.jpg
    mary1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 2,283
Last edited by a moderator:
Mary and Frederik in the surf.

Attachments

• IML_SCANPIX_1000034338.jpg
    IML_SCANPIX_1000034338.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 618
  • IML_SCANPIX_1000034339.jpg
    IML_SCANPIX_1000034339.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,979
  • IML_SCANPIX_1000034340.jpg
    IML_SCANPIX_1000034340.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 529
  • IML_SCANPIX_1000034342.jpg
    IML_SCANPIX_1000034342.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 427
  • IML_SCANPIX_1000034343.jpg
    IML_SCANPIX_1000034343.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 744
  • IML_SCANPIX_1000034344.jpg
    IML_SCANPIX_1000034344.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 819
  • IML_SCANPIX_1000034345.jpg
    IML_SCANPIX_1000034345.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 791
Very refreshing pictures :)

The water must be cold. Although I must say I love Mary's expressions. She seems so normal and approchable in them. Ice Princess indeed :)

Is Icebergs the new hang-out for the stars now??? Nicole Kidman etc. practically lives there. Is the food even good? Or do they just go there because it's becoming "the place to be"?

Mary and Frederik

Awww.

Crown Prince Frederik and MaryDonaldson arrive at Icebergs Restaurant in Bondi Beach

Attachments

• 00050962.jpg
    00050962.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,047
  • 00050960.jpg
    00050960.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,037
  • 00050961.jpg
    00050961.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,132
  • JF040120_06.jpg
    JF040120_06.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 957
  • JF040120_01.jpg
    JF040120_01.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 923
OMG, what's with the top! Mary looks cold in tassie. I have been to wineglass bay and it would have been quite cool there so I'm not suprised with Mary's reaction.

Fred really does dress very badly. I am sure Mary will get deal with it once they are married. As my mother always says, it is very important to go quietly in this type of situation so that the man does not take fright. Mary just needs to bide her time and slowly effect changes in his clothing style so that he doesnt know that it is happening. It may take her months to get rid of some of his stuff.

Originally posted by karolinabraganza@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 11:45 am
mary
i think this is beautiful picture
That is a new picture ! :)

What does that photo's caption say ?

Perhaps you can post that too ?

of course, sorry, here you go:
Crown Prince Frederiks girlfriend Mary Donaldson on the top of Mount Wellington, Australia, January 21, 2003 in stormwinds. Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark is in Mary Donaldson«s hometown Hobart, Australia for a sailing championships. After a storm cancelled the regatta Mary took the opportunity to see the top of the Mountain, while Frederik took a tour on a mountainbike. Photo Joergen Jessen / BT / SCANPIX Code 92001

Originally posted by karolinabraganza@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 12:53 pm
Crown Prince Frederiks girlfriend Mary Donaldson on the top of Mount Wellington, Australia, January 21, 2003
Thank you :) so the photo you posted above :

karolinabraganza Posted on Jan 22nd, 2004 - 11:45 am
mary
i think this is beautiful picture
is a year old !

Only new to me :) Nice !

LOL, that's a true statement (both about F's clothes and about how one goes about changing the wardrobe of a man!) :lol:

Juliane

Has anyone seen the new article in The Daily Telegraph (24 Jan 2003)? There's a HUGE pic of Mary at Tamarama beach with Fred (Mary and Fred pics were smaller)! And if anyone wants to know, yes Mary was wearing a bikini (white with flowers.. I think it's nice) and no, she's not busty! (did anyone really want to know that? :p ).

And SHOCKER of the century... FRED WAS WEARING HIS UGLY SHORTS AGAIN!!!!!! Omigosh, I really have no idea why he keeps wearing it!!! I think its his swimming shorts, but it looks so much like his undies!

At least they chose Tamarama to swim at, not Bondi. I'm not a huge fan of Bondi - too many people, not much greenery, too commercial. Anyway apparently they weren't recognised. Article said that Mary swam but Fred didn't - he was too busy filming people surfing. :rolleyes:

794938_front24.jpg

mary and fred spent time surfing at a beach in sydney

Romance and surf for Mary
January 24, 2004

WITH the temperature in Copenhagen hovering precariously around -5C , it's unlikely that Mary Donaldson would have much use for a bikini in her adopted homeland at the moment.

But the costume was perfect for a warm afternoon on Sydney's Tamarama Beach earlier this week.

Accompanied by her fiance, Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark, Tasmanian-born Ms Donaldson spent a relaxed hour on Wednesday swimming and sunbathing in the middle of the beach, her presence largely overlooked by locals.

Ms Donaldson, 31, and the 34-year-old Prince Frederick arrived in Australia almost a fortnight ago for the marriage of Ms Donaldson's sister, Patricia Woods.

After attending the Hobart ceremony last Sunday, the couple travelled to Sydney on Wednesday morning ahead of their visit to Tamarama.

According to one onlooker, Ms Donaldson, who will marry Prince Frederick in Denmark on May 14, spent some time in the surf.

"She went swimming but I didn't see him go swimming," the onlooker said.

"Prince Frederick was using a video camera - he seemed to be mainly videoing the guys on surfboards.

"Nobody else on the beach noticed them, or even seemed to be aware of them."

The Daily Telegraph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom