Danish Crown Princely Family Visit to Australia: August-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he was certainly feeling unwell. Also, he travelled from one adverse weather condition to another in a short space of time. Love the chic black number Mary wore.

Empress, I agree 100% with your comments.

Stellad

Thank you for sharing the video. Mary looked nice, I also like how she is working while on a family holiday/break.

I think the Foundation are paying her expenses on the mainland - which is saving the Danish taxpayer some money and also not costing the Australian taxpayer. A win-win.

I think the Foundation are paying her expenses on the mainland - which is saving the Danish taxpayer some money and also not costing the Australian taxpayer. A win-win.

mmm, i doubt it works like that. mary doesn't get more money from denmark if she goes on holiday. the DRF is assigned an x sum of money and then they use it as they please. if she were in australia for an official visit, then i guess it would be the state paying for that, but since it's a private one, i guess any of the money for it comes from mary's (and frederik's) allowance.

As for the seating arrangements. she is an authorised dignitary and would require, just like any other dignitary, enough room for any travelling entourage (security, nanny etc). Australia's domestic carriers are budget airlines and bare no 'class' distinction so having a few seats between the public and the Crown Princely family is perfectly understandable.
i find it great if mary wants to travel low cost. however, if you want special treatment, then chose a service that provides it. flying low cost certainly sounds great (saving money and, most importantly, gives a great public image), but asking for some privileges in a service whose very intrinsic nature denies is not appropriate in my opinion. moreover, if we are talking about privacy and this being a private, holiday trip, travelling in a plane asking for more space than anyone else isn't the best way to go unnoticed.

now, coming back to topic, i find it great that mary found some time in her holiday to offer her support to the A&M charity. it certainly seems quite a good charity to be involved with.

yes, i was wondering if she too her hair stylist with her? her hair looks fatastic, i love this updo!!!!

Is there video footage of the speech mary gave at the dinner?

I have one question.
I read once that when she arrive for first time to denmark and no press knew about her, Fred ask a friend to have her in their house, he was going out with hr for such a time and nobody knew so he knew how to keep things in secret and out the press, if they wanted really privacy couldn't he do the same like before?

I completely agree with you:ermm::ermm:

Is there a link to the video about the gala dinner?

I saw all those photos and I must say that I don't like her hairdo. Frederik kysser nervøs Mary - MSN Starlounge
Her dress is quite nice but could be shorter and should do something with the top of it or with sleeves and take some brooch. Doesn't she look little tired and I don't know like she take some weight?

They do what they want with that what they recive (money). Like many other parents they want and try do the best for their children.

When will they come back to Denmark?? at the end of that week??

CROWN Princess Mary of Denmark, who is visiting Melbourne this weekend, and the late Diana, Princess of Wales, have more in common than meets the eye.
Their sons will one day be kings of their respective countries.
Both boys will be different from their predecessors and neither will be subjected to the dysfunction that plagued the houses of Windsor and Oldenburg.
William of Wales and Christian of Demark have a lot in common.
They are distant cousins, descended from Queen Victoria
God save DIY princesses | Herald Sun

The ongoing debate regarding Princess Isabella's $700 fur jacket thingy has been moved
here to the Royals and Fur thread.

Thank you,
GT:)
Danish Mod.

Last edited:
CROWN Princess Mary of Denmark, who is visiting Melbourne this weekend, and the late Diana, Princess of Wales, have more in common than meets the eye. . . . . .
God save DIY princesses | Herald Sun
It's that time of year again, where the media tries to get a fresh slant on the Diana Tragedy and, in this case, it's more than a reach. The statement that they are "DIY princesses" is hilarious. The didn't marry a prince on their own. In each case there is a husband (prince), children (prince/princess)and extended family (middle class to Queen). DIY . . . :ermm: I dont think so!

Princess Diana and Princess Mary have nothing in common except that they both married a Crown Prince. End of story! :flowers:

Well some of the things the article points out are true, superficial though they may be:
Their sons will one day be kings of their respective countries.
Mary and Diana decided their boys would have as normal an upbringing as possible.

But, just as an aside, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy nappies from the supermarket, rather than a pharmacy??? (I mean, were she simple being "Mary of Hobart"...)

Last week in Tasmania, the Crown Princess of Denmark was Mary of Hobart, driving to the pharmacy for nappies. Oh, and she brought her own pusher when she arrived home -- on a cut-price Jetstar flight.

Great to see her again!!!

I love her purple outfit!!!

Will she attend at a gala dinner tonight with Prince Fredrik??

There is a dinner, I'm not sure if its a gala or not, and yes Frederik will attend (it said so in the 7 news video).

Last edited:
She's so beautiful!!!!!

Their holidays are almost done now!!! when will they be back in Copenhagen?

Crown Prince Frederik has a meeting at EXPO 1210 on the 10th, so I'm guessing by the weekend they would have returned home.

Beautiful dress, she looks nice but I got to say this...those are some EYELASHES she's got on. They look like spider legs.
If you've got them flaunt them, and if you haven't . . . wear lash extensions and flaunt them anyway. :whistling:

Half her luck! :lol:

I love all her outfits and her heair up do! is she traveling with hr haeir stylist? and all this cloths no wrinkles at all, , i love that, she looks lovely! thank you for all the lovely photos

I was wondering for such a long time, I see all this lovely picures of Mary and the other princess like Maxima, etc...I wonde if they look at his sites with their photos too? or if they hve the acces to have it all, they cloud have such a lovely photo album with all this nice photos, i am crazy about photos an I think if I was them I would by them all. Anybody knows if they get them? aftr all it is good for them to see if is soemthing that they have to change or not

From all the photos I have seen of this trip it seems that Mary has been much more "label" conscience than she is in Denmark. While I know that she has many expensive designer clothes I don't remember a trip where she has worn so many clothing articles where the designer is so identifiable. I wonder if it is because she feels she has something to "prove" to australians.

dont know if she is more label aware or if the Aus media is playing it up and making us aware possibly the latter.....

From all the photos I have seen of this trip it seems that Mary has been much more "label" conscience than she is in Denmark. While I know that she has many expensive designer clothes I don't remember a trip where she has worn so many clothing articles where the designer is so identifiable. I wonder if it is because she feels she has something to "prove" to australians.

I actually think the reverse is true...She usually wears unidentifiable designer clothing when she IS trying to proof something, that "I am just like you", "I am the same as you, a working mother, etc", "We are the same and have the same goals and aspirations"...I think now she appreciates her privileges and her lifestyle and no longer makes apologies for it and doesn't try to hide it...She is a PRINCESS with access to and ownership of designer clothes and she seems pretty comfortable and content with this stage of her life...And if you've got it (designer clothes) flaunt it...I just don't think she cares anymore what people think (which is good)...She has the clothes so why not wear them....I think it is purely coincidental though...I really don't think she set out packing her bags saying, "Now, where are those boots of mine with the garishly large Prada label on the side, now they are ones I want to take with me, I'll show them (the public)"...I think she just may have said, "I am taking my warmest, comfiest boots" ;)

. . . . I just don't think she cares anymore what people think (which is good)...She has the clothes so why not wear them....I think it is purely coincidental though...I really don't think she set out packing her bags saying, "Now, where are those boots of mine with the garishly large Prada label on the side, now they are ones I want to take with me, I'll show them (the public)"...I think she just may have said, "I am taking my warmest, comfiest boots" ;)
Well said Xeara. These days I don't think there are any Kmart items left in her wardrobe. The media (and some of our more vociferous members) would harangue her endlessly for trying to "dress down". Oh wait . . . they do that anyway. :rolleyes:

As for the infamous "Prada boots"? If she is anything like to my neices then comfort is great. Comfort and style is fantastic! :cool:

ps. Mary would still be a Princess if she was wearing gumboots! :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom