Crown Princess Mary's Work for Women's Rights (+Women Deliver Conference) 2015 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Efter terror-angreb: Kronprinsesse Marys rejse i fare - Politik | www.bt.dk

BT has contacted the Foreign Minister: "We have the whole time known that it was an area with a fragile stability. It's obvious we the the whole time has to assess how the security situation is. We are a present looking at it to see if we should change/modify the trip".

- If we look at the political implications of going ahead with the visit and there was an incident involving Mary (and the Foreign Minister), with say the FET agents having to open fire.
Then the Foreign Minister, the Minister for Justice (responsible for the police, including PET), the Chief of PET, and most likely the PM himself, would have to resign. And a couple of heads of the departments in the involved ministries could kiss their career goodbye as well.
I simply cannot imagine the government let alone the ministers surviving politically after an incident where a such a high-profile member of the DRF is in danger, shortly after no less than two terrorist attacks.
Had these attacks occurred while Mary was in Bukina Faso, then a couple of ministers would resign, but the government might still survive.

- Did Queen Mathilde ever visit Burkina Faso later on?

-----------------------

ADDED: More from Jyllands Posten: http://jyllands-posten.dk/internati...-burkina-fasotur-er-i-fare-efter-hotelangreb/

Here the Foreign Minister elaborates: (See above quote) + "But we are not going if there is any doubt as to whether we can ensure the safety of the Crown Princess. We look at it, assess the situation and see if we must change the trip.
I hope not, because the project we are to look at is incredibly important in relation to secure women's rights, that are facing difficulties in that part of the world. Involving women more in the society will also help contributing for the security in the country".

Last edited:

BT has contacted the Foreign Minister: "We have the whole time known that it was an area with a fragile stability. It's obvious we the the whole time has to assess how the security situation is. We are a present looking at it to see if we should change/modify the trip".

- If we look at the political implications of going ahead with the visit and there was an incident involving Mary (and the Foreign Minister), with say the FET agents having to open fire.
Then the Foreign Minister, the Minister for Justice (responsible for the police, including PET), the Chief of PET, and most likely the PM himself, would have to resign. And a couple of heads of the departments in the involved ministries could kiss their career goodbye as well.
I simply cannot imagine the government let alone the ministers surviving politically after an incident where a such a high-profile member of the DRF is in danger, shortly after no less than two terrorist attacks.
Had these attacks occurred while Mary was in Bukina Faso, then a couple of ministers would resign, but the government might still survive.

-----------------------

ADDED: More from Jyllands Posten:  Kronprinsesse Marys Burkina Faso-tur er i fare efter hotelangreb - Afrika - International

Here the Foreign Minister elaborates: (See above quote) + "But we are not going if there is any doubt as to whether we can ensure the safety of the Crown Princess. We look at it, assess the situation and see if we must change the trip.
I hope not, because the project we are to look at is incredibly important in relation to secure women's rights, that are facing difficulties in that part of the world. Involving women more in the society will also help contributing for the security in the country".

The Brussels Times - Queen Mathilde will go to Ethiopia

Replace that trip with the trip to Ethiopia last november

-----------------------

ADDED: More from Jyllands Posten: Â*Kronprinsesse Marys Burkina Faso-tur er i fare efter hotelangreb - Afrika - International

Thank you for keeping us posted.
It must be very stressful for Mary (and I'm sure Frederik ) and all involved in the visit.
The minister is right very important work/projects but safety should come first

Last edited:
Thanks Muhler :flowers:

Press release from the DRF's court and the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen besøg i Burkina Faso udsættes | Kongehuset - Forside

Burkina Faso rejse udsættes

HRH Crown Princess Mary and Foreign Minister Kristian Jensen expose their joint visit to Burkina Faso because of the weekend's terrorist attacks in the West African country.

Kristian Jensen says:

'Because of the security situation we have unfortunately been necessary to expose the Crown Princess and my visit to Burkina Faso. But I very much look forward to complete the visit as soon as possible."

"I want to reiterate that I most strongly condemn the terrorist attack. Burkina Faso is a country which has shown an indomitable will to democracy and terrorists must not be allowed to destroy the people's desire to live in peace and stability."

TV2 article:
http://nyheder.tv2.dk/udland/2016-01-18-terror-udsaetter-kronprinsessens-tur-til-burkina-faso

So our Crown Princess will now have some unexpected days off and we have to miss her until the next official event :)

Last edited:
tomorrow,Mary speaks as patron of the Women Deliver 2016 Conference at KVINFO March 8 celebration.

more about the event
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen taler til kvindernes internationale kampdag 8.marts | Kvinfo.dk

""It is quite natural that it is the Crown Princess, speaking at a March 8 event in Denmark. With her international work both within the United Nations and on his many travels to shelters and refugee camps in North Africa and the Middle East, she makes a concrete and important difference for the world's vulnerable women and girls, "says KVINFO director Nina Groes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Roskilde & Polyesco :flowers:

Here is a BB video of mainly Mary giving her speech: VIDEO: Kronprinsesse Mary høstede flot applaus for sin tale | BILLED-BLADET

I've had the opportunity to read a part of the speech and in that she clearly refers to women's plight in countries she has visited... Phrased diplomatically but the reference is IMO unmistakable.

I also noticed that Mary's accent during this speech was much less pronounced than usual. Presumably because she has rehearsed.

Both her manner of talking and her movements are different from other speeches, yes. I guess she rehearsed this with this kind of event in mind: a gathering of like minded (relatively young) women who want to change something. It also makes me realize all of a sudden that she does attend a lot of more "stiff" conferences and events where this tone would be less apropriate. How conventientional the academic, scientific establishment can be...

On another note: great that she still has this Prada jacket! It's 11 years old but she never looked as good in it as now! (why doesn't that ever happen to me? :lol:) Also, I never realized it was part of a suit. Mary from the start: blue jacket1

More nice pictures of Mary last night :)

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=7f4e0b55103b93adc9dbfbe7a0af341f&oe=57913686
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=815a1604ac5cebc221a1b12b6d9ddc1e&oe=57517E99
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=6e5548bbedc8ea279d06e8c29a18db6d&oe=5755EEC4
https://scontent-ams3-1.cdninstagra...g?ig_cache_key=MTIwMTYwODYzMjA4MDg2OTkyMA==.2
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdDOvd3WAAEDNZ3.jpg:large

Gallery (HQ pictures) from Kongehuset:
KVINFOs 8. marts fest | Kongehuset - Forside

A clear speech(message) from Mary. I saw some of it in TV2 news last night and read part of the speech in BT today. As Hannelore mentions: You could see on Mary's body language this topic really is high on her commitment list.

Both her manner of talking and her movements are different from other speeches, yes. I guess she rehearsed this with this kind of event in mind: a gathering of like minded (relatively young) women who want to change something. It also makes me realize all of a sudden that she does attend a lot of more "stiff" conferences and events where this tone would be less apropriate. How conventientional the academic, scientific establishment can be...

On another note: great that she still has this Prada jacket! It's 11 years old but she never looked as good in it as now!

Yes, she doesn't throw away her old clothes. She's the Queen of recycling. I actually think both pants and shoes are the same as in year 2005 as well.

:previous:

Here you can read Mary's (very good, informative and looong) speech at the International Women's Day last night:

Kvindernes Internationale Kampdag | MaryFonden.dk

"Gender equality is not about that men and women should be the same. It's about that gender should not play a role when opportunities arise and decisions are made!"
- Crown Princess Mary

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Roskilde. :flowers:

That's a very good and factual speech. It ought to be translated but I'll have to skip that one.

The speech is indeed very long but very good and factual

a very small part of it, where she talked of her travels:
"I have traveled in many countries where girls and women are oppressed and their rights are hidden in a drawer. And this is precisely why it is important to travel to those countries.
My attitude is that understanding comes before the change. The dialogue builds bridges and creates visibility. The desire to understand is not the same as acceptance, but it is an ambition to look beyond the differences in order to promote change for the better.
I do me no idea that a visit isolated can change anything. It takes a lot before a population ready for new social norms, but I hope it leaves a glimpse of a different perspective or inspiration - just a little.
And I am sure that we have to try, because of nothing comes nothing.":flowers:
H.K.H. Kronprinsessens tale ved KVINFOs 8. marts fest i VEGA | Kongehuset - Forside

Someone dug deep into Marys wardrobe to find this jewel beaded jacket. The first time she wore it was in 2005. They were at a Hans Christian Anderson anniversary do. It is lovely to see it again.

Last edited:
This forenoon Mary opened the UN conference on "UN's 17 World Objectives for Development".
Kronprinsesse Mary fik varm modtagelse af en helt særlig blomsterpige | BILLED-BLADET

And here she was met by a very special flowergirl, eight year old, Frida.
Frida was born at Rigshospitalet the same day Isabella was born.

Mary gave a ten minute long speech, In English. So hopefully we will get a clip at some point.
In the speech she said: "When you invest in women and girls, it benefits all".

Here some more pictures of Mary opening the conference "UN's 17 World Objectives for Development" yesterday:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cd0QGiyUEAE8p24.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cd0P9abVIAAgj_p.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cd0O4V5W8AE6J0u.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cd0vtA6XEAA_vE3.jpg:large

Today and the next 9 days it's Easter holiday for all Danish school children and a large part of the Danes.

It also seems that Frederik and Mary will hold next week off and go on Easter holiday with their children. In the many recent years Frederik, Mary and all four children have spend their Easter holiday at Marselisborg with Queen Margrethe and Henrik.

Or maybe they this year utilizing the Easter for a skiing holiday now they didn't reach/had time for their annual skiing holiday during the winter holiday this year.

Not sure where to put this, but wonderful and long interview of Mary (including some beautiful photos)
"Gender equality and*protection of women's*and girls' rights*is the most important*thing we can*do to improve*our world. That is made clear by*Crown Princess*Mary*in an exclusive interview*with*Berlingske*on*her humanitarian work*in particular as*patron of the UN Population Fund and the Danish Refugee Council"
»Vold mod kvinder er den mest udbredte forbrydelse mod menneskerettighederne« - Nationalt | www.b.dk

She does amazing work highlighting these issues. A very important and difficult topic

This photo of Mary is very beautiful
http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/747/12/620x/12747469-5.jpg

All in connection with the upcoming Women's Deliver conference
"In a few months, Denmark is*hosting one of the largest international women's conferences 'Women Deliver' with nearly 5,000* participants, and here comes the Crown Princess to play a key role.*What do you expect to come out of the conference?

"I have attended the Conference twice before, and I have experienced it as a very important collection of players at all levels - governments, NGOs, UN organizations, young people, community groups and enthusiasts.*I have previously called it a game changing forum and the conference comes at a very crucial time, as the UN's new global development goals now agreed, and this will be the largest conference in this field for adoption.*How do we implement the new agenda, how do we objectives applicable for the girl who was born in the Afar region of Ethiopia?*How do we get a UN agreement to mean something for girls and women in many of the countries where they do not have equal opportunities?*So it makes it very exciting and I obviously hope that there will be some concrete actions and initiatives that ensure results at the local, regional and global level, "said Princess Mary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom