Crown Princess Mary's Patronages and Charities: 2005 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary looks pretty nice. What is the children's festival all about?

Well, as the title already says it's an international film festival for children.
During ten days this year (September 9-19), various films, documentaries,
short films and plays will be shown that focus on children's stories, their
experiences and their perspectives. And as always when films are used in
educational work, the aim is to arouse interest, creativity, new insights,
the films should set the children thinking but also afford pleasure and fun :)

Here's the official site: buster.dk!

Excerpts from article in Billed Bladet #37, 2010.
Mit dejlige møde med Mary - My lovely meeting with Mary.
Written by Hanne Rask.

The TV2 shows, Go Aften Danmark & Go Morgen Danmark, are popular shows dealing with current affairs and topics in Denmark. The viewer rating is high but we rarely see it here at home however. We are either at work, eating or doing something else, when the kids are at school.
The main topic this week has been how to deal with bullying and this ends with an interview with Mary today, Thurday at 18.25 on TV2.
The interview took place in the rooms used by The Mary Foundation in connection with Amalienborg.

The interviewer, Michele Bellaiche has told about the meeting between her and Mary:

"We talked for about an hour. She was very sweet and no, I really wasn't nervous.
It's wrong to say that I'm surprised about the dedication of the Crown Princess. Because then it sounds like I don't think the royals are working. But I must say that I'm really surprised about how genuine her dedication was. I could really sense that Mary meant what she said, something that will be evident in the show. The Crown Princess is really doing an effort in dealing with bullying and it was lovely to experince her authenticity in that respect. Not that I didn't believe that wasn't the case but have really interviewed a lot of people and I can easily tell when there is an interest in something and when there is a big and genuine dedication. It's obvious that bullying is a topic close to the heart of the Crown Princess and that she really wish to make a differece. That was a really lovely experience".

Thank you, Marika :flowers:

Well, I taped the interview and it was surprisingly long, almost twenty minuttes.

Most interesting was the details about how she and Frederik bring up their own children.

It's not just about bullying but also about inconsideration.

She told a story where she picked up Christian from kindergarten. There were four boys around him and they would like to come home with him to play. But Christian only picked one boy and Mary noticed the dissapointment in the faces of the other boys.
Christian naturally didn't think about it, he just felt like playing with one boy that day.
So she had a talk with Christian later on, where she told him, that in such a situation he should go to her and she could break the news to the other boys in a more considerate way. (*)

She also talked about the "Stop Song" where you actively say no, when someone is bullying and also how important it is to involve passive bystanders.
She is however not so fanatical, she said with a smile, that she has started to sing that song for the twins. Not before they are born.

It was an interesting glimpse into the mthod of upbringing as practised by the CP Couple.

(*) Not an easy situation for parents to be in. But I somehow disagree with her here, even though I fully applaud her engagement in the issue.
We parents can't always be around to smooth out things between our children and their mates. And we shouldn't, unless needed. Sometimes it's better they learn about social behaviour the hard way, whether they snub someone or feel snubbed themselves.

Did anybody have the link to the interview?i can't find it.thanks

Did anybody have the link to the interview?i can't find it.thanks

There probably isn't a free link anywhere.

TV2 is a semi-commercial network, so many of their programmes are pay-per-view.

DR1 however is a public service network, so most of their programmes are free.

You would normally find the interview here Go' aften Danmark - 16. september 2010 - Sputnik but TV2 Sputnik apparantly don't have the rights to show the interview.

Has there ever been an event for this when Mary took over?

Has there ever been an event for this when Mary took over?
There must have been some activities. I found this link Mary hjælper udsatte kvinder - dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland from February 2009. It's about a cooperation between Mødrehjælpen, the Mary Foundation and two mortgage credit institutions. The aim of this project is so offer financial guidance to women in violent relationships to make it easier for them to leave and set up elsewhere.

Found this link Mary p hemmeligt besg i krisecenter about a visit last weekend to Århus with the purpose of establishing the same service as in Copenhagen. It says there was a press meeting afterwards at Nykredit's premises in Århus. Acc to this article the project aims at establising similar advisory bodies in other Danish towns because the results from the first 18 months in Copenhagen have been positive.

She looks quite nice & seems to have popped these last days unless its the position the twins are at.

Was there an opera concert or did it just held at the opera? Do they hold other events there that are not opera related or am I just getting confused with the word opera?

I think it's only been held at the opera building, as operas, theatres and similar
buildings are always popular places for events - an optically nice frame :)

BB article:

** Se her: Mary piftede kjolen op **

Last edited:
I know this isn't Mary's fashion thread, oh my goodness, does she look spectacular. This past couple of days she has suddenly pooched out. I'm glad to see Mary as patron of this cause because the stigma of mental health disorders refuses to go away and perhaps Mary can help as Diana did for AIDS.:flowers:

Yeah, it is nice that the belly took the time to accompanie her :lol:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2010.
Mary hjalp Kevin med at tale - Mary aided Kevin in talking.
Written by Ken Richter. (And from him we can expect a correct account of what went on).

While Frederik was in Grenå, inaugurating the new carillon in the main church there, (Sankt Gertruds Kirke) named in honor of his grandmother (mormor) Queen Ingrid. (*)
Mary went to the Speech Institute in Aalborg, about an hour and a half away.
Here she was recieved by the flowerman in the shape of 74 year old Bent Bak-Pedersen. He suffered a stroke four years ago and he has used singing to retrain himself and two years ago he sang for Mary.
He wasn't the only one to greet Mary. While saying hello to some of the onlookers, Mary got a spontanous hug from 48 year old Annette Nielsen, who aid: "Congratulations with the twins" and presented Mary with yet another bouquet, fresh from the local Brugs. (**)

Anyway, inside the institute Mary met a number of people who have suffered a stroke and now suffer from aphasia. I.e. Inabillity to speak, comprehend and write.
One of them was 37 year old Kenny Wulff, who had a stroke three years ago and he is now retraining at the institute. Mary sat next to him as a sort of sparring partner during one of his lessons.
He said afterwards: "She was really good at helping when there was a word I couldn't pronounce or remember. The Crown Princess told me that it reminded her of when she had to learn Danish".

The Danish Stroke Association is launching a campaing over the next three year called: "Give time". The purpose is to put awareness on aphasia and also to encourage people who encounter persons wearing a "Give time" badge, to show patience and understanding.

Mary said: "Talking and writing is matter of course for all of us, but if we lose the language, we lose a bit of ourselves. During a hectic daily life it can be difficult to be patient, but everyone should understand that the handicap needs time. It's hard work to rebuild your skills for communication and as such we have chosen to call the campaign: Give time".

As to whether she can better understand the situation of people suffering from aphasia, she said: "I've been thinking a lot about whether I was in that situation and I wasn't. I had my English language to fall back on, in contrast to aphasia sufferes. They have to start all over again. But I remember how frustrationg it was, when I couldn't explain myself in danish. Now I often have to remind myself about taking time, so that I pronounce the words correctly".

(*) Grenå, located on the eastern most tip of Eastern Jutland, is in many ways a typical medium sized town. If you stand by the church mentioned in the article, close your eyes and walk for ten-fifteen minuttes in any direction, then open your eyes, you'll find yourself in the middle of a field.
Grenå is unique in many ways however. The harbour is not located next to the town. The, repeat the, hotdog stand is not located in the town. - And it close at 18.00 - in the middle of the tourist season.
In the evening the local youths congregate at the railway station, because perhaps someone will actually get off the train.
I just love to make fun of Grenå. :p

(**) Better known as Brugsen. For many years it was the supermarket in many, if not most, villages in Denmark and as such a lot of the local activity, not least that of housewives, centered around Brugsen. This is where local news were circulated and there is still an expression: "They say so down at Brugsen", which is used to jokingly emphasize that a piece of gossip must be true. (Alternatively: købmanden = the grocer).

I see that Mary had a gala yesterday but I can't seem to find any pics. Anyone having better luck?

Here's a full gallery,
PPE Agency Crown

I'm not being rude here, and I love it when the royals recycle, but I would love to see Mary in something new.

Never been a fan of that dress for some reason. Looks a bit cheap with the glits on the front or something. It's cut is certainly safe.

Factsheet on Mary's involvement with the Alannah and Madeline Foundation; which includes a new picture of the Princess.

Not sure if the mods will create a new thread for this one, or even how much significanse it has: Kronprinsesse Mary udnævnt til global leder - dr.dk/Nyheder/Penge

The World Economic Forum has appointed Mary as a Young Global Leader.

There are 192 Young Global Leaders from 59 countries.
They have been selected from the world of business, art, culture, media and academics.

Mary and the other leaders have been selected among people who have shown outstanding leadership, commitment in the society and successful accomplishments.

Once a year the global leaders will meet and discuss the global economy with global political and business leaders.
The meeting this year will take place in Puero Vallarta in Mexico on 14-18. April.

The World Economic Forum is one of the leading fora for discussing economic issues.

- Personally I haven't heard about it before and I guess the main purpose is to exchange ideas and views in the vain hope of influencing world leaders. How much influence it really has is debatable, I guess.

Billed Bladet infoms us that the Norwegian CP-couple are also members: Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Mary udnævnt som global leder

Last edited:
:previous:

The Young Global Leaders are appointed for a five year term, in one of the following categories: business, political, intellectual, arts and culture, societal, and opinion.

According to the WEF site, Frederik was appointed a YGL in 2005 (as his five-year term is over, he now belongs to the YGL Alumni Community). I remember reading about that around that time or the year after. This was the same year as the appointments of Prince Haakon, Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Victoria.

Other royals who are either current YGLs or YGL Alums include:
-Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau (2006)
-Prince Jaime of Bourbon-Parma (2007)
-Princess Mathilde of Belgium (2007)
-King Jigme Khesar of Bhutan (2008)
-Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (2008)
-Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco (2008)
-Princess Mette-Marit of Norway (2010)
-Prince Khalid bin Bandar bin Sultan (2010)

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary appointed as a young global leader

Is it usually that they are appointed for only 5 years?

Last edited:
Last edited:
dazzling said:
Is it usually that they are appointed for only 5 years?

Yes, you can only be appointed once, and only for five years. After that you automatically become an alumni :)

Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

Mary looks really great. Can't put my finger on what it is - She just looks great.

Anyway, KFUM = YMCA. With similar functions both here in DK as well as on missions abroad. (When possible).
The town of Fredericia is a garrison town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom