Crown Princess Mary's Patronages and Charities: 2005 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown Princess Mary as Patron of Mothers Help (Mødrehjælpen)

According to TV2 news (TV 2 Nyhederne - Mary afløser Alex i Mødrehjælpen), Mary has taken on a new patronage - for 'Mødrehjælpen' which used to be one of countess Alexandra's patronages but which she gave up when she married Martin Jørgensen.

Mødrehjælpen (Kronprinsesse Mary protektor for Mødrehjælpen - link in Danish) is a private humanitarian organisation which each year helps more than 5,000 single mothers, young pregnant women and vulnerable families with children.

According to TV2 news (TV 2 Nyhederne - Mary afløser Alex i Mødrehjælpen), Mary has taken on a new patronage - for 'Mødrehjælpen' which used to be one of countess Alexandra's patronages but which she gave up when she married Martin Jørgensen.

Mødrehjælpen (Kronprinsesse Mary protektor for Mødrehjælpen - link in Danish) is a private humanitarian organisation which each year helps more than 5,000 single mothers, young pregnant women and vulnerable families with children.

Yep, Mødrehjælpen is listed on the list of Mary's patronages on their website. You can read more about Mødrehjælpen here

:)

Thanks for the info. Do you know when she took over? Im guessing one of the articles mentioned it but I dont read Danish.

Thanks for the info. Do you know when she took over? Im guessing one of the articles mentioned it but I dont read Danish.

According to TV2 news (TV 2 Nyhederne - Mary afløser Alex i Mødrehjælpen), Mary has taken on a new patronage - for 'Mødrehjælpen' which used to be one of countess Alexandra's patronages but which she gave up when she married Martin Jørgensen. (it was in March)
Crownprincess Mary took over the patronage at the beginning of November.

Will there be an event - concerning the patronage - in the next weeks?

Last edited by a moderator:
The official website of The Alannah and Madeleine Foundation is below:
The Alannah and Madeline Foundation - Childrens Charity
It has all kinds of information about how and why it was started, what it does, how you can donate, events that are being done to benefit the foundation, how you can become a part of the foundation, etc

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary as Patron of 'BUSTER'

HRH Crown Princess Mary is now the patron of 'BUSTER' - the Copenhagen International Film Festival for Children and Youth.
BUSTER COPENHAGEN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH

This year's film festival will take place between September 19 and 26. In previous years, Countess Alexandra attended the openings of the festival.

:)

The Prince Christian Fellowship

The Prince Christian Fellowship was established in January 2006, to honour the birth of TRH the Crown Prince and Princess' first child, HRH Prince Christian, by the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute. The Fellowship allows outstanding doctors and scientists from Denmark to spend one year working/training at the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute in Sydney, Australia.

Prince Christian Fellowship

:flowers::flowers:

Crown Princess Mary was scheduled to attend the first awards ceremony of The Fellowship yesterday in Copenhagen

Thanks!!
no Pictures of this event?

Thanks!!
no Pictures of this event?

None so far that I've found Paty. It's a real bummer that Polfoto has closed its doors to all who aren't registered - they always had pictures of the Danish royals quickly

None so far that I've found Paty. It's a real bummer that Polfoto has closed its doors to all who aren't registered - they always had pictures of the Danish royals quickly

I found this photos :flowers:

The Crown Princess Mary of Denmark attending the "The Prince Christian Fellowship" at the Royal Danish Sciences association.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9859/20080319120550a78542bb5.png
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4733/20080319120550a8b30fdm4.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2281/20080319120550a960b5uf3.jpg

Phtos by Images Sacandinavia

Last edited:
and finally come the pictures. very itresting that the past two events very little press coverage. Thank you paty for digging them out. This is intresting, do we know how many a year go to Australia?
Mary looked nice at the event.

Mary looks great here: happy and relaxed!
I love her black jacket and I think she should have kept it on... I really don't like what she's wearing under the jacket :ermm:

I personnally think that Prince Christian is too little to be in any "official ceremony"...;) I liked the pics, tough.

Vanesa.

The Prince Christian Fellowship was established in January 2006, to honour the birth of TRH the Crown Prince and Princess' first child, HRH Prince Christian, by the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute. The Fellowship allows outstanding doctors and scientists from Denmark to spend one year working/training at the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute in Sydney, Australia.

Prince Christian Fellowship

:flowers::flowers:

Crown Princess Mary was scheduled to attend the first awards ceremony of The Fellowship yesterday in Copenhagen

[url=http://www.fyens.dk/article/961952:Nyt-om-navne--Stoetter-boernefilmfestival?image=1]Mary photo[/URL]

The first event Mary will attend as patron of BUSTER is the opening of their film festival on September 19th

Gala Opening of BUSTER - Copenhagen International Film Festival for Children and Youth
Friday 19 September 2008, 10:30am
HRH The Crown Princess, as patron, takes part in Film Festival BUSTER's gala opening in the Palace Theatre, Copenhagen

Princess Mary makes a cuddly friend at childrens' film festival
...had a rather unusual leading man sharing the spotlight with her this week – Bruno the bear. The cuddly mascot played host as the pretty royal helped launch the BUSTER children's film festival in Copenhagen... - Article & Picture

She's really elegant!!!

I love the pic with the big teddy bear!!so funny!lol

Thanks Jess, these are by far the best pics we've had (IMO). :)
I even think some of them somehow make the outfit look better... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess Mary as Patron of the Danish Stroke Association

The Crown Princess as patron of The Danish Stroke Association was present today in the annual Aphasia Day in Copenhagen.
She was presented the first "Sunflower" bracelet. The sunflower being the new logo for the association.

Gallery from PPE

PPE Agency

Gallery form Belga

BelgaPicture - Quick search

Official Web of the Danish Stroke Association

Last edited:
I like her very much with her curly hair!!!

The Crown Princess as patron of The Danish Stroke Association was present today in the annual Aphasia Day in Copenhagen.
She was presented the first "Sunflower" bracelet. The sunflower being the new logo for the association.

what means the sunflower bracelet? ,i'm sorry i can't read dannish

Thanks for the pictures. Did Mary give a speech? Mary looked really nice, like the hair for a chnage and nice outfit.

what means the sunflower bracelet? ,i'm sorry i can't read dannish

Bracelet is new logo for the association.

Last edited:
I really like the bracelet, and I think its great that Mary was presented with the first one.
Is it some kind fundraising venture?

Yes it is:) The brain damage association has launched this series of jewellery to raise money for their work for people suffering from the consequences of aneurysm or strokes. The jewellery comes with gold and silver and the gold series is numbered and Mary was presented with bracelet number one in that series.

12,000 people are hit by apoplexy each year in Denmark and has to live with the consequences of it. My own mother is one of them; she was hit by two strokes in the brain this spring and is now partially paralysed and has just moved to a nursing home. We as a family have received lots of good advice from this association about how to tackle this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom