Crown Princess Mary's Patronages and Charities: 2005 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown Princess Mary as WWF President Denmark virtually participated in the World Wide Fund for Nature organization's presidium meeting this morning, October 22:

"Today, a meeting was held in the Bureau of the WWF World Wide Fund for Nature, of which I have recently taken over as President. During the meeting, we gained insight into some of the latest knowledge about nature, wildlife and biodiversity, and what it takes to reduce the threat we currently see to animal species and biodiversity. We cannot continue to use nature's resources in the way we have done so far - we must find the right balance. And it's a common project for everyone".

** Pic **

:previous:

Nice with these personal writings from Frederik & Mary!

Also that we get a peek into their private work offices. With their own personal text and reflection. It makes it authentic and interesting.
A modern crown prince couple.

Corona and lockdown have given us some new ways to follow our royals.

Something else ... I can see it's Mary's office in Amalienborg. We have not heard anything about the Crown Prince's family having moved back to Amalienborg from the Chancellery House. We received a press release when the family moved from Amalienborg to the Chancellery House in Fredensborg.

During their entire stay in the Chancellery House we have seen both F&M drive into Amalienborg to hold virtual meetings at their work offices. So it is very possible the family is still staying in Fredensborg.

We know they still lived in the Chancellery House on 9. October where Frederik photographed the children out in front of the house before leaving for school. They have been staying there for 6 month now. And I understand them - it is a lovely place!

CP Mary's pantsuit is really elegant but I am surprised that nobody is wearing a mask or a face shield.

Last edited:
CP Mary got indeed very moved and teary eyed during her speech:

And understandable; for Mary spoke of one of the IMO biggest sorrows/fears you carries as a child/young after losing a parent: The fear of forgetting their image.
As the years go by, one can sometimes not remember their faces as clearly anymore. And it hurts. Then it comes again .. and then there come days when you again feel your loved one’s image fades from you memory.

I lost my father when I was 14 years old.

I am pleased The Children, Youth & Grief have CP Mary as a patron. She can understand the young has lost a parent as a young person.

"For 20 years, Children, Youth & Grief has helped children and young people who experience that the most important person in their life becomes seriously ill or dies. As the only ones, you provide free and specialized treatment. Thank you for your great work and congratulations on the anniversary.

I know from personal experience that all people can make a difference for a partner, friend or family member in grief: We can help him or her feel that the person they have lost is still with them through life.
The greatest fear for many survivors is that one forgets the dead. The fear that the appearance, voice and personality of the deceased will be erased.
I can at least remember that from myself when I lost my mother. For a while, I had a hard time recalling her image."

https://www.billedbladet.dk/video/7HIWI8Mj/alr00XW4

Video of Mary being so moved during her speech today that she couldn’t hold back her tears or a running nose :cry:
I actually can’t remember a royal being so genuine moved during a speech before. I get very touched watching the video of Mary getting so moved. It's a difficult subject and Mary knows herself how it is to lose a parent to early.
And besides, we do not know what is happening in the lives of the royals. You know, some days you are more vulnerable than others. They are also just humans.

A beautiful and touching speech from a human and loving patron and Crown Princess. Nice every time you see such genuine feelings from royals.

Last edited:
Yes, I wonder whether it's a physiological defense mechanism?

The death of my mother was sudden, abrupt and really without time or opportunity to say goodbye or getting used to the idea of her dying.
And if she by some miracle would appear again, I would probably walk right past her on the street without recognizing her.

But I clearly remember my father. But with him we had a whole year to get used to the idea that he was going to die.

In the years after the death of my mother I often dreamed that she wasn't dead. I have had no such dreams with my father.
And I had and still have a sense of guilt of not staying longer, the last time I saw her. - I obviously had no idea I would never talk with her again.

A lovely reflection from Mary on yesterday's speech and event.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHhvOM8gkdR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

"It is difficult, if not impossible, to find meaning in losing someone you love. But what makes sense, and something that can not be taken from us, is all we had with that person.
With those words, I began my speech at the 20th Anniversary of Children, Youth and Grief yesterday. Of course, for me it was one of the harder talks to hold. But to my own surprise, I was more moved than I would have thought. And so it is with grief, it can strike at any time. Yesterday was not 'anytime', it was the mark of an organization that works to help children and young people through their grief and with the belief that life can become whole again, but…. in a new way.⁣⁣
What touched me on the podium yesterday is a little hard to explain. It was not so much about my own loss, but more about the fact that many of us in the room had something special in common. We were common about having lost, and I could feel the common understanding that loss provides. It does not require words, it is just there… ⁣⁣
And the common understanding uses Children, Young People and Grief as a central element in the mourning work. The volunteers at Sorglinjen, for example, find meaning in the meaningless when they use their animal-bought experiences to give other young people a hope.⁣⁣
And hope is the focal point. The hope that you can learn to live with the grief as part of life and take the one you have lost with you. I've learned that"

:flowers:

:previous: Thanks Polyesco. Yes after her speech yesterday, Crown Princess Mary has today on the DRF’s digital platforms written these reflecting and beautiful words about losing, missing and the fear of forgetting your loved one’s image as the years go by.
The very positive comments show that people were moved with Mary and that it is a large plus when royals as Mary (and Frederik) shows they are also just human with feelings, and that it only shows the young people it is okay to be vulnerable and sad. Grief never disappears and shows up when you least expect it.

The post on DRF’s Facebook:

Last edited:
Yes, I wonder whether it's a physiological defense mechanism?

The death of my mother was sudden, abrupt and really without time or opportunity to say goodbye or getting used to the idea of her dying.
And if she by some miracle would appear again, I would probably walk right past her on the street without recognizing her.

But I clearly remember my father. But with him we had a whole year to get used to the idea that he was going to die.

In the years after the death of my mother I often dreamed that she wasn't dead. I have had no such dreams with my father.
And I had and still have a sense of guilt of not staying longer, the last time I saw her. - I obviously had no idea I would never talk with her again.

I’m sorry to hear you have lost both your parents and your mother so sudden and abrupt.

I lost my father, also very sudden, as a young and while it, as the years go by, get harder and harder for me to remembering him in small details in my waking state I remember him crystal clear in my dreams. Each a little wrinkle in his face.

Mary was very affected by her mother's death and she has even said as much in earlier interviews. We all grieve in different ways. I have put together a collage of my parents and dear husband so that I see them every day and the beautiful memories remain strong with me.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...se-mary-i-ny-bog-dette-er-vigtigt-mig-som-mor

The Maternity Foundation has published a book called: It must not cost lives to give life.

Mary has written the preface and among other things she writes:
"As a mother I know myself how important and comforting it is to have a midwife and other healthcare staff, their knowledge and support and your side during both pregnancy and when giving birth.
But I'm also painfully aware that this is far from the reality for women a large parts of the world."
Mary points out that each day 800 women and 14.000 infants die in connection with pregnancy and while giving birth
Numbers that could be reduced with the proper aid.

Last edited:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMKlJBgA9Q7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

On the occasion of Women's International Match Day, Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess tonight sends a video greeting to KVINFO's online event, where there are greetings, speeches and live performances from a number of guests. The event starts at 20.00.⁣ ⁣ The Women's International Day of Struggle was established in Copenhagen in 1910 during an international political meeting. In 1921, March 8 became the fixed date for Women's International Struggle Day and in 1975, the UN recognized March 8 as International Women's Day.

Watch Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess' video greeting, which has just been shown at KVINFO's online celebration of Women's International Match Day 2021.⁣
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMK66-3gq_c/

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess' video greeting, which has just been shown at KVINFO's online celebration of Women's International Match Day 2021.⁣
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMK66-3gq_c/

- For me, equality is not about everyone have to be alike, but - as I said to Josephine - about gender not having a role to play when opportunities present themselves and decisions are made… or when following one's dreams.⁣

- Gender equality is not a woman's matter, but a matter for everyone.

(HRH The Crown Princess)

As always Mary is strong and loving in her communication - and she speaks so pleasantly and calmly.

Crown Princess Mary has marked The International Women’s Day in a fine and personal way. Both her speech at tonight’s celebration and her post about her conversation this morning with Josephine with was such a fine input.

"It must not cost lives to give life" - that is the title of the Maternity Foundation book, for which Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess has written a preface. The book was published in the autumn on the occasion of its 15th anniversary, but the Crown Princess in the circumstances could only receive at a meeting today.⁣

At the meeting told Henriette Svarre Nielsen and Anna Frellsen about the organization's work to reduce maternal mortality and infant mortality in developing countries - including with the Safe Delivery Program. But the numbers are still far too high and are unfortunately expected to rise a lot due to the corona situation. So there is a long way to go before we reach the goal in the book's title.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMxLCwbgb91/

As President of the WWF World Wide Fund for Nature Denmark Crown Princess Mary received Secretary General Bo Øksnebjerg for a meeting yesterday:

** Pic ** instagram post ** kongehuset **

Last edited:
As president of the WWF
On*UN's International Biodiversity Day on 22 May 2021, the WWF*World Wide Fund for Nature and the Crown Princess launch a new digital project that aims to bring Danes together*about nature.*Until 11 June, Danes are encouraged to share their*nature photos and experiences under the hashtag*#ForNaturenWWF on Instagram - preferably*with a short text about where it was taken.*The project kicks off with the theme ‘Forest & Land’,*and every Saturday a new theme is launched.

https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/sammen-for-naturen
https://via.ritzau.dk/pressemeddele...natur?publisherId=11565599&releaseId=13622558

:previous: video with Mary on the project.

Mary shares a photo
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPLJu7-AU6O/

Last edited by a moderator:
The projects is partly an online sharing of experiences in the nature by ordinary Danes - while getting outside and move your legs.
And partly a reporting by ordinary Danes about changes the bio-diversity in DK.
Many people have a remarkable knowledge about local flora and fauna. Insects, birds and so on. There have been many examples of locals reporting examples of plants, insects and birds that have so far been alien to Denmark, but as the climate changes, they are moving north - while other animals and plants are moving out.
One example, albeit around the British Isles, is that the Great White Shark is getting closer.
Cods, that used to be found in Danish waters are moving out, the water is getting too warm, while other fish are moving in.

It's quite interesting.

I have now twice seen eagles a little north of where we live. The beaches there are rarely crowded, so they can roam pretty undisturbed.
The Kingfisher has also moved in in our local area, but I haven't seen one yet.

As president of the WWF
On*UN's International Biodiversity Day on 22 May 2021, the WWF*World Wide Fund for Nature and the Crown Princess launch a new digital project that aims to bring Danes together*about nature.*Until 11 June, Danes are encouraged to share their*nature photos and experiences under the hashtag*#ForNaturenWWF on Instagram - preferably*with a short text about where it was taken.*The project kicks off with the theme ‘Forest & Land’,*and every Saturday a new theme is launched.

https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/sammen-for-naturen
https://via.ritzau.dk/pressemeddele...natur?publisherId=11565599&releaseId=13622558

:previous: video with Mary on the project.

Mary shares a photo
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPLJu7-AU6O/

And CP Mary shared today a second picture this time from Esrum Lake, which is close to the Crown Prince's family's home, the Chancellery in Fredensborg.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPc1vUbgF92/

A dramatic sky!

Today we are in fact having the first day without rain during the entire month of May!
This May has been the second most rainy for 100 years.

Nevertheless, I'm sure they thoroughly enjoy their stay at Kancellihuset at Fredensborg.

Crown Princess Mary as Patron of the Psychiatric Foundation and of the SIND Odense Symphony Orchestra this evening, June 4, attended a concert and celebration of their collaboration "Mind the Music":

** tt.se gallery ** kongehuset gallery **

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary shared another of her photos this morning:

In the spring, we decided that part of our garden in Fredensborg would become a wild garden with only Danish species. (..)

? With this picture, the Crown Princess opens next week's theme “plants and animals” in the WWF World Wide Fund for Nature's digital project “Together for nature”

** Photo **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom