Crown Princess Mary's Patronages and Charities: 2005 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall having seen that adjutant before. Probably a new one.

In the DRF all adjutants belongs to QMII's Staff of Adjutants and they accompany the various DRF members as needed. There are no adjutants allocated a specific DRF member, as in say Sweden, where Crown Princess Victoria has her own adjutant.

Last edited:
Last Thursday, H.R.H. Crown Princess visited Psychiatric Center Copenhagen at Rigshospitalet to attend a summer concert in the center's garden.
During the visit, Her Royal Highness was given the opportunity to greet the staff as well as volunteers and patients who have jointly planted and cared for the garden.
The Crown Princess is patron of the Danish Mental Health Fund
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2KMrhXA4PE/

:previous: That is great! Official note from the DRF
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen bliver protektor for Copenhagen 2021 | Kongehuset

In 2021, Copenhagen will host the international human rights event Copenhagen 2021, which aims to ensure equal rights for LGBTI people around the world. The Crown Princess has agreed to become the patron of the event, in which Her Royal Highness states:

“As a Dane, I am proud that Copenhagen will host WorldPride and EuroGames in the summer of 2021. We cannot accept that some people in the world are being faced with intolerance and discrimination because of their sexuality or gender identity. I look forward to helping put diversity and LGBTI rights on the agenda both at home and internationally. I look forward to what I am sure will be some festive and important events both up to and during Copenhagen 2021 ”.

At Frederik VIII's Palace at Amalienborg, H.R.H. The Crown Princess received today as patron of Mothers' Aid Director Ninna Thomsen and Deputy Director Trine Schaldemose.
At the meeting, Her Royal Highness was briefed on the development of the Mothers' Aid work in counseling and helping families with problems and challenges when "life strikes" as well as the great efforts of the organization's volunteers and the future focus.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B78_1S1g-V_/?utm_source=ig_embed

https://www.facebook.com/detdanskek...037891868124/1118037601868153/?type=3&theater

"Every day during this time, DR1 broadcasts morning songs, with Philip Faber, who is the conductor of the DR Girl Choir, singing and playing too directly from his living room.

HRH The Crown Princess is patron of the Girl Choir, and tomorrow Her Royal Highness has been given the opportunity to request a song. Read the Crown Princess's letter to Philip Faber here."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-RyzbwgG-F/

What a nice idea. What song did Mary request?

Mary has as patron for Grieving Children send a message in prime time on DR1 in a very popular program called: Singing together - apart.

Some of you may recall it from QMII's birthday, where the public all over the country was singing along to songs on TV.

I'm sure someone will dig up the clip with Mary shortly

FYI: It was shown 6 minutes into the program.

Shared on the DRF facebook
"“It is natural that you become concerned for your loved ones, especially now that you may not be with them. Grief and worry are hard to handle for us humans, but talking about what's difficult can help. "
Children, Youth & Grief and The Danish National Center for Grief offer free counseling to anyone who has lost, such as a parent, a sibling, a child or spouse, or people who are relatives of people suffering from severe physical illness. The vision is that grief must not destroy life."

DR video and article: Special video greeting from the Crown Princess til singing Danes:
https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/video-saerlig-hilsen-fra-kronprinsessen-til-sangglade-danskere

It was a lovely surprise to see our Crown Princess in DR's live program ‘Singing together - apart - with an important message! Too many is sitting alone, and who knows for how long this continue?

Among all the positive comments, there are some that I particularly notice.

That people are very fond of Mary's voice and language. Compassionate, calm, gentle and varm. In a excellent Danish although I also think it can be noticed for you who do not speak Danish. One writes that had she not been a Crown Princess she should have recorded audio books. I agree. She is a pleasure to listen to. I remember Frederik in his portrait book telling that one of the first things he was drawn to by Mary was her warm and relatively deep voice.

It's good to see Frederik and Mary send all these greetings in this different ‘stay at home’ time

Last edited:
Beautiful statement from*our Crown Princess! She is the first royal member in DK to so*officially support this cause. Proud of living in a country with a royal house that supports diversity in all ways.*

HRH The Crown Princess named as president of WWF Denmark | The Danish Monarchy - Front Page

Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess has taken over as president of World Wide Fund for Nature Denmark and will, from now on, lead the fund’s work of protecting wildlife habitat and nature’s diversity.

WWF Denmark works to protect threatened animal species and disseminate solutions that can ensure a better future for nature and the globe. In 1972, Prince Henrik took the initiative to establish WWF’s branch in Denmark and, until his death, The Prince was president of the organization. *Now, HRH The Crown Princess assumes the role as president. In this connection, Her Royal Highness says:

“We have only one globe, and we must take care of it and the animals if our children and generations after them are to have a safe and natural world in which to grow up. The projects that WWF Denmark works with all over the world are important in the efforts to protect our forests, coral reefs and diverse wildlife, and it is crucial that we, together, find new solutions for how people can live in balance with nature.”

Mary is going to sea - almost - on 19th August.

Her first job as patron for WWF will be to release Thornback rays into the sea from the Kattegat Center in the town of Grenå.
The center specialize in marine animals living in Danish waters.

It's down the road to the left - and a little more - from where we live, so perhaps I'll go see the giraffe.
She's going to release 50 of the little, but elegant critters.

https://jyllands-posten.dk/aarhus/n...nsesse-mary-skal-saette-rokker-ud-i-kattegat/

Last edited:
Thanks, Ricarda.

Additional.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/nyt-fra-kongehuset-her-ser-vi-frederik-og-mary-igen

On the same forenoon Frederik will be present in Aarhus at an event there.
While Mary will go to Grenaa, 45 minutes away, in the afternoon.

I think there is a good chance they will accompany each other at the latter event.

They can very well hitch a ride on one of the regular helicopters from the Defense Command in Copenhagen to either the Navy Operational Command in Aarhus or the Army Operational Command in Karup further inland.
They can touch down in the park in front of Marselsborg (QMII does that whenever she is flown to or from Marseliborg.)
After Frederik has visited various businesses in Aarhus, they can have lunch at Marselisborg or at a restaurant in Aarhus and then drive to Grenaa in the afternoon.

From Grenaa it's a short drive to a ferry and home to Fredensborg. They should easily be there before dinner.

BTW Grenaa can also be spelled Grenå.

The court has confirmed that Mary will visit the Kattegat Center, in Grenaa tomorrow.

Last edited:
And a video from BT.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/kronprinse...oeg-hos-prins-joachim-han-kom-hjem-meget-glad

You can tell Mary is out of practice addressing the public and press.
Her Danish has relapsed a little and she appear less confident.

She said about being in contact with Joachim:
"We have of course been in contionous with them. My husband (informal/general word *) has, as you all know, been down to visit his brother and he came home very happy and relieved. It was a brother who is well and who he knows. And he was just as talkative as he has always been."

- As you will notice no one wear masks.
They are mandatory in public transport now but apart from that it's optional if you want to wear a mask here. Grenaa is not affected by any current rise in infection to any extent.
The weather is great! As you can tell.
The heatwave (**) ended yesterday and now it's normal, balmy summer weather. 23 degrees C and a light breeze, absolutely perfect! ?

(*) There are two current words for a husband.
The general/informal: "mand" = man.
And the today very formal: "ægtemand."
There are a few more words but they are today used more teasingly.

There are also two current words for wife.
The general/informal: "kone."
And the formal: "hustru."
In addition to a number of other words, today mainly used jokingly.

(**) A heatwave in DK, means temperature of more than 28 degrees C.
Are you done laughing? Here is some more to laugh at: An official summer-day in DK is 25+ degrees C.
Aaaand an official tropical night in DK, is when the temperature doesn't drop below 20 degrees C.

Last edited:
Seeing that yesterday we had 104°F, I'm extremely jealous.
Thank you for our Danish lesson. Is the word spouse used often in DK?

Great to hear about Joachim. Glad that Frederik arrived back happy and relieved.

Nice event for Mary
https://norddjurs.lokalavisen.dk/ny...se-Mary-gav-nyt-liv-til-Kattegat-7517607.html
http://content.invisioncic.com/r388...humb.png.43db0ee39bbe33dd8692c957aee01c0b.png

40 degrees C?!? - I would seriously be paralyzed! It's usually more humid up here due to our coastal climate, so I would sweat myself into a delirium! :wacko:

Mary, very honestly, admitted she doesn't know much about Thornback Rays which were the critters she let lose, but she is pleased that they will take part in ensuring increased bio-diversity in Danish waters.

Yes, we do.
Spouse can be translated into two words, which are usually only used in an official context. Like answering a questionnaire or in an official invitation.
Ægtefælle = the gender-neutral word for the one you are married to.
Or (registered) partner = typically used about same-sex marriages.

Example: I and my colleagues at work get a general invitation to attend and event with Mary - with spouses. Here the word "Ægtefælle" would be used.

But if we pretend Mrs. Muhler is male, then we might be mentioned in say Billed Bladet with the caption: Muhler, man of leisure, with his partner, Muhler. - (Alternatively: His ægtemand/mand, Muhler.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom