Crown Princess Mary's Patronages and Charities: 2005 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite an honor I understand. Copenhagen Zoo has previously had pandas on loan from China, pretty much in return for us bringing the original Little Mermaid to China for an exhibition there.
The first pandas have gone to the Big Bamboo Forest in Sky. And now we are getting new pandas. Officially on loan for fifteen years but in reality for an indefinite period.
The pandas will be spoiled with a brand new luxury enclosure.

As with most things in life, this is based in money. The pandas are de facto Chinese ambassadors and feasted as such. Goodwill = Positive (official) press = Export.

Lovely to see the twins with her.

So lovely to see Josephine and Vincent with Mary, they are very sweet children.

On the job, eating your favorite food up to 14 hours a day! At my age that's pretty close to the dream-job!

:previous: :lol:

Indeed, Vincent is grandma-bait.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a perfect engagement for Vincent and Josephine and it was nice to see them there. Love the photos of the twins with the giant panda - you can tell that Vincent liked him/her in particular. He seems to be a very sweet and caring little boy.

Billedbladet has shared a video of the zoo visit:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #16, 2019.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

The day after QMII and Mary opened the new panda enclosure in Copehagen Zoo, it was time for the opening for the public and here Mary showed up with Vincent and Josephine. The twins were in great mood and clearly looked forward to seeing the pandas.

Okay, that included another red ribbon with a big bowtie, but this time they used scissors. Perhaps in view of the problems QMII had the day before...
The twins easily handled that problem and now it was time to see the animals. Well, on the way, the family stopped for a brief look at the upstaged lions.
The pandas, who eat up to fourteen hours a day, were busy with their breakfast, before going straight on with their brunch, in preparation for their lunch.
Vincent and Josephine threw in some pieces of bamboo to the male panda, who appreciated the little snacks inbetween eating.

Vincent apparently heard questions from the journalists and suggested to his mother: "Mor, let's go over and tell them about it."
And here Vincent told the assembles world press: "I've seen a panda. It's very cute and fluffy. We gave it food. Panda-cake."
Mary explained: "He (the panda, not Vincent...) got a special cake, which delighted him."
Then Vincent took over: "Yes, and then he ate the bamboo."
Mary: "And he frolicked a bit in the sun."
Vincent pointed at the female panda: "Yes, and the female is walking around in these bamboos there."

Mary, as patron for Copenhagen Zoo, added: It's a great joy. It's a day of joy today, when everyone can come in and see pandas. It's a great experience for all. My first time was yesterday and then it's their first time to experience pandas for real and not just on TV."
Here Vincent interjected: "I real life."
Mary: Yes, in real life. That's right."

Then she took her sons hand and joined Josephine who was busy looking at one of the pandas.
Right next to the enclosure and a souvenir shop with panda-stuff and that caught Josephine's interest! There were fluffy toy pandas...
She pointed them out to mother, but there wasn't time for shopping. Josephine wasn't cheated though. She and her brother were each presented with a bag with bag with panda-souvenirs.

In the Disney-fied world we live in today, a dude at the zoo has been issued a panda suit and told to walk around, hugging every child in sight.
Not that Vincent and Josephine minded at all, judging from their big smiles.

But see for yourselves here: https://app.box.com/s/33u526u4bp927wf5g0ciu2gbphsnpd0h

And last week here: https://app.box.com/s/t4rlwzguhuwk67xk86dlym3bl9k5gxng

And now for some good news.

The number of children who have experienced bullying recently have dropped markedly from between 20-33 % in 2008 to around 5 % today.
That is very attributable to the initiative started by Mary Foundation and which has now been implemented by law in Danish schools and kindergartens.
That is all schools and kindergartens must have an active policy to deal with bullying and social isolation and that has now been adopted in various forms. (And indeed that been exported to not least China and Japan as part of ready-to-use institutions.)

These results means that DK today belong at the top of countries we compared ourselves with in regards to how few children experience bullying or social isolation.
However, 5 % is still too many. Roughly equivalent to one pupil per class (or room in kindergartens.)
The aim is to reduce children who experience bullying or isolation to around 2 %. Eradicate it completely is perhaps a little unrealistic.

Mary was asked to comment on the main news tonight and she was delighted with the positive figures, but pointed out that preventing bullying and social isolation is an ongoing, continuous process.

"This evening, H.K.H. The Crown Princess as patron of Global Fashion Agenda attended a dinner in Frederik VIII's Palace for sustainable fashion players in connection with the Copenhagen Fashion Summit. Before dinner, the Crown Princess was photographed together with the chairman of Global Fashion Agenda Niels Eskildsen and CEO of Global Fashion Agenda Eva Kruse."
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxdOEFggzmq/

Tomorrow, she will attend the Copenhagen Fashion Summit.

And now for some good news.

The number of children who have experienced bullying recently have dropped markedly from between 20-33 % in 2008 to around 5 % today.
That is very attributable to the initiative started by Mary Foundation and which has now been implemented by law in Danish schools and kindergartens.
That is all schools and kindergartens must have an active policy to deal with bullying and social isolation and that has now been adopted in various forms. (And indeed that been exported to not least China and Japan as part of ready-to-use institutions.)

These results means that DK today belong at the top of countries we compared ourselves with in regards to how few children experience bullying or social isolation.
However, 5 % is still too many. Roughly equivalent to one pupil per class (or room in kindergartens.)
The aim is to reduce children who experience bullying or isolation to around 2 %. Eradicate it completely is perhaps a little unrealistic.

Mary was asked to comment on the main news tonight and she was delighted with the positive figures, but pointed out that preventing bullying and social isolation is an ongoing, continuous process.

Bravo Crown Princess Mary and thank you Muhler for the news. Bullying is an ongoing problem around the world and one can only hope that the Australians will continue to spread this wonderful program into ever more countries.:flowers:

Bullying is an ongoing problem around the world and one can only hope that the Australians will continue to spread this wonderful program into ever more countries.:flowers:

The Australians?

The spreading of 'Free of Bullying' (Not 'Better Buddies') in Denmark has been done by Crown Princess Mary, The Mary Foundation and Save the Children Denmark.

"Free of Bullying has been developed on the initiative of Crown Princess Mary and was inspired by the Better Buddies programme introduced by the Australian organisation The Alannah and Madeline Foundation."

"Free of Bullying is the first comprehensive and combined effort against bullying in childcare facilities, preschools and early primary school grades"

https://www.maryfonden.dk/en/free-of-bullying

BTW, wrong thread for this, I think.

Last edited:
Yesterday evening Crown Princess Mary attended a dinner in connection with the Fashion Summit:

** Pic **

Last edited:
That center has been a lot of help to many!
Because often people who are grieving don't know who to turn to. They feel rejected, even by those they feel most close with. Not because people really reject them, but because people don't know how to deal with people who are mourning.
Beforehand death was a part of the day-to-day life and so was grieving and people who grieved. Today death is something that strikes close (for most) with intervals of years, sometimes a couple of decades.
So grief is uncomfortable to talk about and you don't want to intrude and you don't want to hurt the one who is grieving by bringing it up.
So perhaps especially for children and young, but certainly also for people who are usually emotionally reserved it's difficult to express.
So contacting people who are in the same situation as you are currently in is a tremendous help.
But it also puts focus on people who are normally overlooked, but who also grieve, often deeply.
When someone dies the sympathy is with the spouse, children, siblings and/or parents. - But how about the grandparents? Uncles and aunts? Nieces and nephews? People who often have a very close relationship with whoever died, but who is not considered or worse, dismissed with "well, it's worse for his (say) wife, of course."

And then there are the extraordinary cases.
Like the friends of M&F, the Holck family.
How on Earth would I deal with the parents where three out of their four children have been murdered?!?
How could I help to comfort a child, who has lost all her siblings?
- I have no idea!
I wish I could say I would be there for them, when they needed them. But would I? I would I opt for the easy way out? Don't bring up the subject, ever! Try and sidestep the issue when brought up. Or even less glorious; avoid them.
It's painful to see and listen to people grieving. Not least because it's also a reminder that one day you may lose someone so dear to you, you don't even want to think about it.
So is avoiding people grieving an act of cowardice or a mental survival strategy?

That's also what they teach those grieving.

Mary herself took the phone as a volunteer for an hour during her visit yesterday.
Everyone at the phone counseling are volunteers between 20-80 years who has lost a close family member.
Mary, as you know, lost her mother way too early and has without doubt could recognize the feelings the people, who she talked with in the phone, fights with after their lost.

More pictures of Crown Princess Mary arriving to The Danish National Center for Grief, the newly established phone counseling.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/30/12/14144272-7086429-image-a-85_1559215137684.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/30/12/14144276-7086429-image-a-81_1559215109061.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/30/12/14144280-7086429-image-a-78_1559215089382.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/30/12/14144290-7086429-image-a-77_1559215078898.jpg

***​

A feature on the evening news in TV-avisen:
https://www.dr.dk/tv/se/tv-avisen/tv-avisen-24/tv-avisen-2019-05-29?queryhash=!/00:13:27

We hear Mary tells: *

- I was much more affected than I thought I would be.
If we can't put words on to grief, get a free place to tell how we feel and where someone listen and can meet us where we are, then in the worst case you can become sick of grief.

- Grief is something we must become better to dare to talk about. It is a big taboo in our society.

* In flawless Danish, and a visibly affected Mary. She usually speaks fast and very energetically, but here you can hear she is very thoughtful and affected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom