Crown Princess Mary's Ladies-in-Waiting

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think cronwprincess Mary is a very attractive and elegant lady, but her lady in waiting Caroline is so attractive and elegant either.
And i think IMO that Caroline as an aristocrat/"well born" (member of a traditional danish family) danish lady had already a glamours touche, that Mary only had when she became a cronw princess. Mary had to be polished.

I hope i make myself clearly. My english it´s not very good.

Does anyone know if Mary still sees the first LIW, Countess Victoria------were they/and are they actually friends, or was it a business relationship

Does anyone know if Mary still sees the first LIW, Countess Victoria------were they/and are they actually friends, or was it a business relationship

I was always under the assumption that they were friends, and that Countess Victoria was either a friend or LIW (or both) to Queen Margarethe. I have never seen anything about her staying in touch, but I would imagine that they do.

I was always under the assumption that they were friends, and that Countess Victoria was either a friend or LIW (or both) to Queen Margarethe. I have never seen anything about her staying in touch, but I would imagine that they do.

Countess Victoria was the perfect choice for Mary's first LIW

About friendship with LIW I think that it is something that don't have to be looking for everybody, friendship can be very different for different people and the fact that we don't know does she keep contact or how much time they spent together and so on don't mean that they don't be friends. Yes, are they best friends - it can be question - but surely they are good friends cause LIW is a person who must know Q or CP very good and she can't be intense relation with her.

Umm, I hope I did my thoughts understandable to you cause my english isn't good enough for long talks yet...

About friendship with LIW I think that it is something that don't have to be looking for everybody, friendship can be very different for different people and the fact that we don't know does she keep contact or how much time they spent together and so on don't mean that they don't be friends. Yes, are they best friends - it can be question - but surely they are good friends cause LIW is a person who must know Q or CP very good and she can't be intense relation with her.

Umm, I hope I did my thoughts understandable to you cause my english isn't good enough for long talks yet...
Your English may not be perfect but it is still very good :flowers: and you are very easy to understand in this post at least.. :rolleyes:

Gosh, her clothing budget must be very very high, she is always dressed to perfection...

i very much doubt her budget covers personal items such as clothing (she might spend her 'salary' on clothes but i think caroline always used to dress well, even before she was a LIW, so her previous salary or her husband's must allow for that).

Billed Bladet has a photo gallery of Tanja Doky's fashion on their site.

nice gallery! i personally prefer caroline's way of dressing and carrying herself (she seems to know exacty what suits her).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I love this outfit. Tanja has a very varied style - though I suspect that the picture with the green dress is quite old.

Thanks for this link. I think that both of Princess Mary's LIWs are very beautiful and stylish. I love to see Caroline. She has a great style - she could be a princess herself. She is very royal and that suits her quite well.

Thats a beautiful outfit for Tanja, she looks beautiful, was this at new years or when?.
x

I dont know - it could have been, or it could have been another reception at the palace.

Who is Tanja? Is she a new LIW?

This is most likely a stupid question - but do Mary's LIW divide the number of engagements that they attend equally between the two of them?

This is most likely a stupid question - but do Mary's LIW divide the number of engagements that they attend equally between the two of them?

It's not a silly question; one that is interesting. But i thought Mary only had one LIW. Caroline is her secretary now? Or am I wrong?
x

I am also under the impression that Caroline is both secretary and LIW. I am sure that they probably divide things up between the two of them based on schedule, distance traveled, etc. To my knowledge, both ladies have children, so I am sure that this plays a role in their duty schedule.

Tanja Doky looking amazing at Henrik's 75th celebrations

Picture of Caroline at Sunday's Mary Foundation event

Last edited:
I absolutely love her dress. It is gorgeous on her. Have any photos of Caroline at any of the birthday events been released? I haven't seen any, but I would imagine that she attended.

Edit: Never mind. I just found one of Caroline:

http://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cfm?objectid=55349&imagenr=18

It looks like this was at the gala. She looked really beautiful, and she is wearing her LIW ribbon, so I guess that she was there in her capacity as LIW, not just as a guest.

Last edited:
I don't think that color dress was such a wise choice for a redhead with her coloring. It looks strange on her.

I think with red hair it looks great. Caroline isn't a natural redhead. so her skin tone looks good in more colors than someone who is natural.

Back
Top Bottom