The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 12-16-2021, 01:08 AM
Courtier

Post from Koldinghus about the process of sewing the curtains to be used in the Exhibition about CP Mary and the preceding crown princesses

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXiGf-to...dium=copy_link
Old 12-20-2021, 08:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

When I saw the name of this thread I was kind of taken aback for a minute. It’s hard to believe Mary is turning 50! Time has gone by incredibly fast.

I’m glad they’re doing a big celebration for this milestone birthday. Mary has been a big asset to the DRF; to me she’s the strongest married-in Crown Princess of that generation, and has been from the start. She’s brought out the best in Frederik, too
Old 12-28-2021, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Posts about the newest book about Crown Princess Mary have been moved to the „Danish Royal Family Books“-thread.
Old 01-03-2022, 07:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Will all of Crown Princess Mary's relatives from Australia be in Denmark for Mary's birthday?
Old 01-03-2022, 07:09 PM
Courtier

They usually are. But who knows with Covid restrictions...
Old 01-07-2022, 08:40 AM
Nobility

Unfortunately the gala banquet for Mary's 50th birthday on February 4th has been cancelled.

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/ga...stle-cancelled
Old 01-07-2022, 09:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

To be expected. The prognosis say that the Corona cases will really hit hard at the end of January.
Old 01-07-2022, 10:21 AM
Courtier

Why just cancelled.....why could it not at least be postponed until sometime in May around her wedding anniversary? I feel for Mary....
Old 01-07-2022, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie View Post
Why just cancelled.....why could it not at least he postponed until sometime in May around her wedding anniversary? I feel for Mary....

That's what i think too, but then it was the same for HM's 80th birthday celebrations in April 2020.

Old 01-07-2022, 11:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
That's what i think too, but then it was the same for HM's 80th birthday celebrations in April 2020.
Difference being that this was the first time that Mary would have been celebrated in this way, which is well-deserved and long overdue to be acknowledged not only for her birthday (and a momentous one at that), but for what she has done in her almost 20 years as Crown Princess.
Old 01-07-2022, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Cancelled is not the same thing as it will never take place. IMO this just means there are no immediate plans for a new gala dinner for Mary.
However, there may very well be one later but perhaps in a different setting and with different guests.

As some of you have already pointed out a gala dinner in early February would be unlikely to attract many of the royal guests M&F have as friends. But later on is a different matter. Also, Mary's family.
Australia has just about begun to open up and it was an open question whether her family could attend. But in six months things will hopefully look a lot better.

So in six months or next year we may see a lot bigger celebration of Mary, with many more guests and a lot more bling-bling because quite a few may be foreign royals.
Old 01-07-2022, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its a shame but not unexpected given the public health guidelines.
Old 01-07-2022, 11:35 PM
Heir Apparent

The keyword for me is cancelled, as opposed to postponed. Same wording as when QMII's 80th birthday was cancelled. If they were indeed planning to go through with the actual gala at a later date, why not just write that as they did with the jubilee postponement?

They probably will throw a big bash during the summer and international royals will likely attend. But unfortunately I'm fairly certain it won't be an official celebration – not held at Rosenborg and not hosted by the Queen but probably rather a private party at Fredensborg.

Really gutted about it, Mary deserved this celebration, but unsurprised considering how they dealt with QMII's 80th.

Old 01-07-2022, 11:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
The keyword for me is cancelled, as opposed to postponed. Same wording as when QMII's 80th birthday was cancelled. If they were indeed planning to go through with the actual gala at a later date, why not just write that as they did with the jubilee postponement?

They probably will throw a big bash during the summer and international royals will likely attend. But unfortunately I'm fairly certain it won't be an official celebration – not held at Rosenborg and not hosted by the Queen but probably rather a private party at Fredensborg.

Really gutted about it, Mary deserved this celebration, but unsurprised considering how they dealt with QMII's 80th.
Mary for sure deserved it....to be finally officially celebrated. I saw it more than just a gala for her 50th but as an overdue and well-deserved and well-earned public acknowledgement of all she's accomplished as crown princess for the DRF, the monarchy and Denmark. The press release could have said celebrations will be held later this year if that were to be the case. But I guess I should not be surprised it didn't. At least I believe the Mary Foundation reception is only postponed.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Cancelled is not the same thing as it will never take place. IMO this just means there are no immediate plans for a new gala dinner for Mary.
However, there may very well be one later but perhaps in a different setting and with different guests.

As some of you have already pointed out a gala dinner in early February would be unlikely to attract many of the royal guests M&F have as friends. But later on is a different matter. Also, Mary's family.
Australia has just about begun to open up and it was an open question whether her family could attend. But in six months things will hopefully look a lot better.

So in six months or next year we may see a lot bigger celebration of Mary, with many more guests and a lot more bling-bling because quite a few may be foreign royals.
As someone who lives in Australia, can confirm we are not doing so good either

Theoretically we can travel overseas now, but there are sure some requirements still in place both at departure and arrival (which can also change at any time). Also a long flight could be risky environment unless you are travelling by private jet...
Old 01-08-2022, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post

That is what i have understand but the question for me is why it was decided to cancel it altogether instead of postponing if there are plans to have a celebration later, which was not the case for HM's 80th birthday celebrations.

Old 01-08-2022, 02:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Its a shame but not unexpected given the public health guidelines.

My thoughts exactly. Very disappointing, but in reality I am suffering from Bling withdrawal symptoms. It was bad enough missing out on the New Years Courts which I look forward to every year. Now this.

Looking forward to a return to near normal hopefully by the end of the year.
Old 01-08-2022, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Máxima's 50th birthday was also postponed but now she is going to her 51 years I can not see any re-organized 50th birthday celebration, that would be ridiculous. So a postponement can result in an annulation as the delay grows. So I hope for Princess Mary she can organize her 50th birthday relatively soon.
Old 01-08-2022, 09:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Queen Máxima's 50th birthday was also postponed but now she is going to her 51 years I can not see any re-organized 50th birthday celebration, that would be ridiculous. So a postponement can result in an annulation as the delay grows. So I hope for Princess Mary she can organize her 50th birthday relatively soon.
Shouldn't it be 'Crown Princess Mary, Countess of Monpezat' ?
Old 01-08-2022, 10:25 AM
Courtier

It's very unpleasant and I do hope they'll get to reschedule it, instead of just omitting it. But I can see their reasoning ,especially now when I'm sitting in my home, all plans postponed because I spent the New Year celebrations with my sister in-law, now sick with you know what after two doses of vaccine and a not too easy covid itself last year. (Two doses and a booster myself but you never know.)

I actually see it as more grating than HM's celebrations that never were because unlike those who were born into royalty, CP Mary has had fewer occasions for such celebrations. But I admit I'm not objective. I love HM but Mary has been a pet royal of mine since the times of Mary against Mary's Hats. Remember this war? It was very endearing.