Crown Princess Mary, Current Events Part 15: September 2021 - January 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if you were to publish a "royal consort wanted" job offer today, it would have to list quite a few personal as well as professional qualifications!

Being able to have children (it was after all mainly female consorts only a couple of generations ago) being presentable and reasonably well-mannered and being able to do small-talk at length and endure tedious people and events day in day out was pretty much sufficient beforehand.

Let us be grateful that has changed! Otherwise we would have fewer monarchies today and they would be much less interesting to follow.

To paraphrase Darwin: Modern monarchies is about the survival of the adaptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess Mary participated in the opening of the 6th international youth conference "Re-imagine Youth Mental Health" in Copenhagen this morning, September 30.

But the press was of course more interested in the current title drama and asked her about that:

** BB article: Kronprinsesse Mary om egne børn midt i svær tid: Vil også se på deres titler **

** BB video: For første gang: Nu udtaler kronprinsesse Mary sig om svær situation i den kongelige familie **

The Palace has shared some photos:

** kongehuset gallery **

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary participated in the opening of the 6th international youth conference "Re-imagine Youth Mental Health" in Copenhagen this morning, September 30.

But the press was of course more interested in the current title drama and asked her about that:

** BB article: Kronprinsesse Mary om egne børn midt i svær tid: Vil også se på deres titler **

** BB video: For første gang: Nu udtaler kronprinsesse Mary sig om svær situation i den kongelige familie **

Sadly Mary's very important event about youth mental health is not even a footnote. Just one more piece of collateral damage. Maybe Mary can do a video blog of her event herself and post it. At least give it and the organization involved the attention it deserves.

Last edited:
Outside drama or not, Mary does great work.

Yes she does do sterling work but in this clip she looks sad and tired!

Yes she does do sterling work but in this clip she looks sad and tired!

Do others think she should have been left to say “that she had no comment” . The pressing and intrusive questions make it very difficult when she is supporting worthy causes and giving them no publicity.

Do others think she should have been left to say “that she had no comment” . The pressing and intrusive questions make it very difficult when she is supporting worthy causes and giving them no publicity.

They tried that with Herlufsholm and that didn't go well!

Anyway a "no comment" could easily be interpreted as not supporting the Monarch. And then the speculations would really take off!

I don't think Mary could do anything less.
She is the Crown Princess, she has to support her husband.
And her husband is the Heir, so he has to support the Monarch.

Otherwise we have not only a family crisis on our hands, but a national crisis!

Eml

They tried that with Herlufsholm and that didn't go well!

Anyway a "no comment" could easily be interpreted as not supporting the Monarch. And then the speculations would really take off!

I don't think Mary could do anything less.
She is the Crown Princess, she has to support her husband.
And her husband is the Heir, so he has to support the Monarch.

Otherwise we have not only a family crisis on our hands, but a national crisis!
I take the point and see your point of view. She just looked so sad and weary which is so unlike her.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary attends a reception marking the 60th anniversary of the UNICEF Supply Division in Denmark. The reception is organized by UNICEF and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kronprinsesse-mary-overrasker-til-jubilaeumsfejring

She first made a surprise visit to UNICEF supply to help pack "school-in-a-box" boxes for Ukrainian children.
Photo of Mary packing the boxes: https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0

After that, she attended the reception where she gave a speech. I hope that this event is covered by the DRF social media...very important/relevant.

Last edited:
Poor girls!

Kenyan dresses are not appropriate for Danish October weather! ?

Apart from that the topic sure is bot serious and relevant. That at the present rate gender equality (world wide presumably) will only be reached in 132 years.

To which Mary commented: "Why wait?"

Apart from the obvious and glaring injustice of inequality between the genders it is such a mind-boggling waste of resources.
I wonder how many women who, had their potential been allowed to flourish, would have become world leading scientists - but instead ended up being breeding machines confined to their homes.

Well thank goodness that the organizations involved or people attending at least are posting about Mary's events. BB is not even posting videos from her events. Oh well.

:previous:

I can only speculate as to why Mary's (and Frederik's) events get such lackluster coverage. I have some ideas...but that's for another thread. In addition, there is a serious lack of usage of the social media they have at their disposal.

The PlanBornefunden IG has posted some nice stories from the event today as well. You can see Mary's arrival at the event there. They've also posted a reel from the event.

I can understand there is little coverage from the major media, they are focused on the election right now and if they are not made very clearly aware of this event, they are not going to allocate even an intern to cover this.
That's a flaw in the DRF PR department.

IMO they ought to prepare for an event, but providing background info prior to one the DRF members attending - and then add some coverage.
At least that gives some local amateurs a chance to cover it for their blog or YouTube channel or even this forum.

But BB's coverage is a bit meager as well. And while they do cover the personal lives and do interview politicians from a personal perspective, they don't cover the election.
But I have a feeling BB has reduced their number of people covering the DRF with at least one person. I guess Corona hit the very magazine hard.

I can understand there is little coverage from the major media, they are focused on the election right now and if they are not made very clearly aware of this event, they are not going to allocate even an intern to cover this.
That's a flaw in the DRF PR department.

IMO they ought to prepare for an event, but providing background info prior to one the DRF members attending - and then add some coverage.
At least that gives some local amateurs a chance to cover it for their blog or YouTube channel or even this forum.

But BB's coverage is a bit meager as well. And while they do cover the personal lives and do interview politicians from a personal perspective, they don't cover the election.
But I have a feeling BB has reduced their number of people covering the DRF with at least one person. I guess Corona hit the very magazine hard.

Then even more of a reason for the DRF to fix their PR problems and get better at self-promotion of their events and causes...especially Mary and Frederik. They're seriously lagging behind at the DRF. Ironically given they have free social media avenues at their disposal. No wonder people looking in think M&F are lazy

The issue with BB is they manage to cover events of other DRF members asap with various posts and video. But again...something for another thread.

Should have been on the calendar. I wonder how many other meetings have been held in the last 3 weeks.

:previous: Probably quite a few.

The royals are often criticized for not working enough. But that only applies if you count events when they are out and about.
Briefings, meetings, preparations and other things you do in the office are not counted as "work."

But you try go tell your CEO that he/she is only working when he/she is meeting with other business representatives - and then count down the seconds before you told to leave... ?

:previous: Probably quite a few.

The royals are often criticized for not working enough. But that only applies if you count events when they are out and about.
Briefings, meetings, preparations and other things you do in the office are not counted as "work."

But you try go tell your CEO that he/she is only working when he/she is meeting with other business representatives - and then count down the seconds before you told to leave... ?

Two events for Mary were posted about today. One related to the CP Mary Center at Copenhagen Uni and the other related to the WWF of which she is President! You would think those would be considered relevant to put on her calendar. She even actually went outside palace walls for the WWF event!

And I am sure that Mary and Frederik have had several meetings in preparation for their trip to Vietnam!

Doesn't Mary have weekly meetings with the Mary Foundation? Isn't that part of her work..a large part of her work?

I am not saying that the calendar needs to be padded with every phone call entered or if she talks to 2 people within 5 minutes of each other it is counted as 2 individual engagements. But meetings like the ones posted about today should most definitely have been entered. The same goes for Frederik! How much work does he do we never hear about? Important work for appearances, meeting with ministers, representatives. And the biggest pet peeve I have....his name not being included in the State Council meeting entry. Everyone knows he attends! I like the way the Norwegian calendar always states who is present at an audience/meeting (CP Haakon is always included). No wonder people think Frederik only does sports related things. I truly hope this changes!!

Josephine is blooming.

I do wish Mary would have solo engagements with #Mama'sBoy Vincent, though. ?

Last edited:
Josephine never disappoint. Still a delightful little ham. :lol:

What a lovely moment! I am guessing that the girl is a good friend or school mate. Her enthusiasm at seeing her in the crowd was too cute. Even cuter was her running over to give her a great big hug!

Josephine certainly sparkles. She is so natural . She is a twinkle twinkle little star!

Lovely photos of Mary and Josephine. Josephine spotting a friend in the crowd. (..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom