CP Mary as Patron of the United Nations Population Fund: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This afternoon, August 16, Crown Princess Mary as Patron of UNFPA attended the opening of the Human Rights Forum in Copenhagen:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

** BB article: Nu har Mary taget hul på festlig uge ** kongehuset instagram ** gettyimages gallery **

Later Crown Princess Mary hosted a meeting at Amalienborg to discuss „ the challenges that Covid-19 has had for the organization's work globally and locally“. Among those attending were Executive Director for UNFPA Nathalia Karnem and Vice-Executive Director Ib Petersen:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Well, there will be plenty to discuss, because as of yesterday millions of women and girls in a certain country, can kiss even their most basic rights goodbye. :sad:

She said: "It's heartbreaking to watch the tragedy that is taking place in Afghanistan."

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the situation in Afghanistan has been almost forgotten, and they are in for a bad year! As in really bad! As in famine.

The West is focused on Ukraine and the economic repercussions of that conflict, so there won't be much aide going to Afghanistan. - And without loans and and aide, no stick and carrot to entice the Taliban to respect women and their rights.

So that briefing can be summed up in one sentence: Women and girls in Afghanistan has no rights whatsoever, and that's how it's going to remain for a long time.

Yes, the situation in Afghanistan has been almost forgotten, and they are in for a bad year! As in really bad! As in famine.

The West is focused on Ukraine and the economic repercussions of that conflict, so there won't be much aide going to Afghanistan. - And without loans and and aide, no stick and carrot to entice the Taliban to respect women and their rights.

So that briefing can be summed up in one sentence: Women and girls in Afghanistan has no rights whatsoever, and that's how it's going to remain for a long time.

And it isn't like Mary can go over there with The Mary Foundation, UNICEF or the UN to bring attention to the continuing issue either.

Crown Princess Mary has arrived in Zanzibar, Tanzania today, November 9, to attend the ICPD25 (International Conference on Population and Development) High Level Commission meeting today and tomorrow:

** kongehuset instagram post ** instagram post 2 **

This morning I landed in Zanzibar for a two-day meeting of the High Level Commission ICPD+25, which works to promote the rights of girls and women.

Today we went to a reproductive health clinic. What particularly impressed was the clinic's ambition, professionalism and commitment to achieve 'zero maternity mortality' - to avoid maternal mortality - despite the difficult conditions. This is one of the many important global goals, especially because there is knowledge of what can be done to prevent deaths and avoid the human cost of losing a mother.

I experienced a dedicated staff and positive results. I had the great pleasure of greeting two mothers and their shapely newborn babies who came into the world this morning.

✍�� HRH The Crown Princess.

** BB article: Kronprinsessen er landet i Zanzibar: Vigtige dage venter for Mary **

Last edited:
A very current event to attend as the population of the Earth is going to reach 8 billion next week.

Crown Princess Mary attended round table discussion with the Maternity Foundation and UNFPA today, March 7:

Since 2008, I have been involved in maternal mortality and followed global developments.

This morning I participated in a round table discussion with the Maternity Foundation and UNFPA as well as other public and private actors. Here we were briefed on the latest global figures for maternal mortality. It was sad and frustrating to learn that the numbers - despite some positive progress - are not far from the numbers I was met with in 2008.

It is difficult to understand when this kind of death can be prevented and avoided in the vast majority of cases. Globally, there is a need for greater focus and accelerated action in broad partnerships.

Because no woman should risk losing her life by giving life.

** kongehuset instagram gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom