CP Mary as Patron of the Royal Danish Academy of Music Children's Choir: 2007 - 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This family truly is a gift that keeps on giving :wub: I love that Josephine snatched away her mum's bouquet of flowers :D

I find it amusing that, despite the fact that look-wise Isabella is a carbon copy of Frederik, the Daily Fail still continuously insist that she's "the spitting image of her mother Mary" :lol: I mean, sure, she does have some of Mary's features but it's a bit of a reach to claim she looks more like Mary than Frederik, methinks. And, you know, if they were adamant to push the like mother, like daughter-narrative, Mary's own carbon copy, Josephine, was right there. That rag is absolutely hopeless :nonono:

I love this family ! Fred and Mary are doing such a great job bring up there children

Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

Perhaps we have a future conductor in Josephine? She seemed fascinated by the choir-conductor.

While Vincent may be less than impressed with the performing arts than certainly his sisters, judging from him being more preoccupied with teasing mother.
But I'm certain he's a gentle soul, (when he isn't shouting at livestock that is) so I think we have a future painter or poet in Vincent. ;)

Last edited:
This family truly is a gift that keeps on giving :wub: I love that Josephine snatched away her mum's bouquet of flowers :D

I find it amusing that, despite the fact that look-wise Isabella is a carbon copy of Frederik, the Daily Fail still continuously insist that she's "the spitting image of her mother Mary" :lol: I mean, sure, she does have some of Mary's features but it's a bit of a reach to claim she looks more like Mary than Frederik, methinks. And, you know, if they were adamant to push the like mother, like daughter-narrative, Mary's own carbon copy, Josephine, was right there. That rag is absolutely hopeless :nonono:

They sure are!

Thanks for all the many pictures.

This picture is sweet.

And this picture are deligth - chaos can not be avoided in such a large children family :wub:

I found Josephine is wearing Isabella's coat and. Vincent is wearing Christian's

Looks how little Isabella was��

Danish Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary And Their Children Stock Photo, Royalty Free Image: 54738922 - Alamy

They're good at recycling the children's clothes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agree 100%.

I found Josephine is wearing Isabella's coat and. Vincent is wearing Christian's

Looks how little Isabella was?

Danish Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary And Their Children Stock Photo, Royalty Free Image: 54738922 - Alamy

Very good eye, and memory!
Very practical parents, as most normal parents are to reuse the clothes, especially the nice coats.

Love this photo of the talk between Frederik and Josephine
http://kendte.dk/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/20161211-180158-L_web-610x406.jpg

and Vincent teasing his mom. We often see him as the calm one but no doubts he is active as his siblings ;)
http://kendte.dk/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/20161211-180017-L_web-610x406.jpg

Agree 100%.

Very good eye, and memory!
Very practical parents, as most normal parents are to reuse the clothes, especially the nice coats.

Love this photo of the talk between Frederik and Josephine
http://kendte.dk/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/20161211-180158-L_web-610x406.jpg

and Vincent teasing his mom. We often see him as the calm one but no doubts he is active as his siblings ;)
http://kendte.dk/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/20161211-180017-L_web-610x406.jpg
Can those more technically capable than I confirm my suspicion that the Crown Prince and his eldest son are wearing Blundstone's Australian boots!:cool::cool:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #50, 2016.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Who observed M&F and children to Lucia procession in Esajas Church.

The family was received by the conductor of the choir from the Royal Danish Music Conservatory, for which Mary is patron.
Here Mary was presented with flowers, which led to an immediate reaction from Josephine: "Can I ave the flowers"? Mary: "Sure". - And she didn't let go!
This year the children did not get present to occupy themselves with during the concert, presumably they are considered too big to need that.
And indeed they managed to sit, almost, still during the concert.
That is, Vincent used a little note on his seat (saying reserved/occupied), rolled it up and used it to tickle his mother's cheek, while waiting for the whole thing to start. Isabella sitting next to Vincent, giggled.
Behind the row with M&F sat Peter and Caroline Heering with their two daughters Emilie and Rosemarie.

When the concert ended M&F and family posed with the choir outside the church, and here Josephine, still holding on to the bouquet, were about to do a few dance steps.

Mary commented afterwards: "It was a gorgeous concert. Very evocative. It's always nice to go along with the family".

The whole thing lasted an hour.

See four yourselves here: BB#50, 2016

Last edited:
How nice to see all of them together and not least John Donaldson with Susan Moody.
I was beginning to wonder whether there was anything wrong.

ADDED: Here is a BB article, focusing on Mary and the choir.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...y-boed-paa-skoen-overraskelse-til-julekoncert

I see the organizers made sure Bella and Josephine got a bouquet too.
Certainly Josephine has shown on several occasions that she doesn't mind at all being presented with a bouquet. ?

How nice to see all of them together and not least John Donaldson with Susan Moody.
I was beginning to wonder whether there was anything wrong.

She is Susan Donaldson, isn't she?
AFAIK, she only uses the name 'Moody' as an author.

She is Susan Donaldson, isn't she?
AFAIK, she only uses the name 'Moody' as an author.

I believe she is better known in DK as Susan Moody. Presumably in order to easier tell her apart from Mary's mother.

Crown Princess Mary attends, as patron, at The Royal Danish Academy Children's Choir Christmas Concert today 8 December

With CP Frederik, the children and her father with her step-mother!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dt6UmaUX4AAxE34.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dt6UnG_WsAE2qa-.jpg

How lovely Mary brought all with her to the Christmas Concert tonight :wub:
Frederik, children and her lovely dad and Susan.

I do know that John and Susan spend some weeks home at F&M and children every December.
And F&M have only a few events the coming weeks so plenty of time to enjoy Christmas together.

Looking forwards to more pictures.

Isabella is suddenly growing up as well!

And Isabella and Josephine have this year got their own bouquets like mom. Finally. They've always loved mom's bouquets and switched to hold hers :D They are cute with their own little flower bouquets.

Last edited:
Now, see how nice it is to see Mary’s father and stepmom enjoying a nice family outing with Frederik and Mary and their kids? It’s great when the in-laws are included.

Nice to see the children and Mary's parents at the event together. I wonder if that means that they will be spending Christmas with their daughter and daughter in-laws family in Denmark this year if they're in Copenhagen at the moment.
Isabella looks like the spitting image of Frederik in these photos!

Nice to see the children and Mary's parents at the event together. I wonder if that means that they will be spending Christmas with their daughter and daughter in-laws family in Denmark this year if they're in Copenhagen at the moment.
Isabella looks like the spitting image of Frederik in these photos!

Well, I sure won't rule that one out.

I can imagine the senior Donaldsons rotating among their children around Christmas time. Perhaps not every year, there may be times when they wish to spend Christmas alone or with friends or other relatives of course.
But I think it's natural they rotate among their children.
And they are hardly newcomers to the DRF, so there would be no particular problem adding them on the list.
And perhaps they would like to try and celebrate Christmas the Danish way with focus on the 24th. (The problem is of course that certainly QMII doesn't celebrate Christmas in a "typical Danish way".)

There should be ample room at the Cavalier Building next to Marselisborg manor itself, where M&F usually stay. - J&M live in the big building with QMII.

But I don't think so, not this year.
This is IMO more a family gathering and a special one at that, because this is the first Christmas without PH.
And also think that should M&F host John and Susan, they will do so at their own favorite spot, the hunting lodge at trend - and perhaps celebrate Christmas in a more typical danish way. I.e. dancing around the Christmas tree instead of sitting and singing in front of the tree.
So I believe the senior Donaldsons will leave before Christmas.

Well, I sure won't rule that one out.

I can imagine the senior Donaldsons rotating among their children around Christmas time. Perhaps not every year, there may be times when they wish to spend Christmas alone or with friends or other relatives of course.
But I think it's natural they rotate among their children.
And they are hardly newcomers to the DRF, so there would be no particular problem adding them on the list.
And perhaps they would like to try and celebrate Christmas the Danish way with focus on the 24th. (The problem is of course that certainly QMII doesn't celebrate Christmas in a "typical Danish way".)

There should be ample room at the Cavalier Building next to Marselisborg manor itself, where M&F usually stay. - J&M live in the big building with QMII.

But I don't think so, not this year.
This is IMO more a family gathering and a special one at that, because this is the first Christmas without PH.
And also think that should M&F host John and Susan, they will do so at their own favorite spot, the hunting lodge at trend - and perhaps celebrate Christmas in a more typical danish way. I.e. dancing around the Christmas tree instead of sitting and singing in front of the tree.
So I believe the senior Donaldsons will leave before Christmas.

Interesting perspective; thank you Muhler. Perhaps the Donaldsons visited the family at this event as they won't be able to make it for Christmas and wanted to see them during the festive season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom