Crown Princess Mary as Patron of The Danish Refugee Council (DRC): 2005 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel this topic should be in another thread. as Muhler has said, it is the government to make these decisions.
and being from the U.S. we are certainly no one to tell others how to deal with this subject as we fall very short .

https://flygtning.dk/nyheder-og-fakta/et-personligt-indlaeg-fra-vores-protektor

Mary has written a piece for Danish Refugee Council, urging to remember that the global refugee situation is still very much a real and present situation.

That has caused some attention among commentators here in the local duck-pond (idiom), because the DRF normally stay very clear of controversial and politically volatile subjects. The refugee aka immigrant situation being pretty volatile.
But as the commentators notice Mary manages in her piece to address the global refugee situation in general and not mention the national debate about accepting refugees - and not least which refugees!
Kronprinsesse Mary: Flygtningeproblemet er en af verdens største udfordringer - Indland

- It is certainly a part of a new trait introduced by the DRF recently where they have taken on current topics in a more direct and sometime pretty frank manner. That is IMO refreshing, but there will of course be times where they will get some heat for voicing opinions that are less than popular.

Last edited:

Yesterday, March 19, Crown Princess Mary as Patron met with the Danish Refugee Council's new president, Agi Csonka, the Secretary General Christian Friis Bach and Communications Director Annette Spanggaard at Frederik VIII's Palace, Amalienborg. Mary got a briefing on the global refugee situation.

** Pic **

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary as Patron of the DRC Danish Refugee Council attended an event in Copenhagen today, December 15, marking the first anniversary of the Global Refugee Forum.

""In my capacity as Patron of the DRC Danish Refugee Council, I often meet young people and they share with me their concerns, dreams, hopes and ambitions. This is crucial to understand – and to implement solutions to the challenges they face. We have to hear it from them".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** Pic 6 ** tt.se gallery ** kongehuset gallery **

** BB: Endelig tilbage: Mary ankom i højt julehumør ** translation **

Last edited:
Great to see her back in action and on an important topic.
"We need to look at partnerships in innovative ways – and anchor them locally. The day confirmed youth as powerful agents for change. We as global community need to learn and listen and work with youth to find solutions. We can only move forward together,"

I think we are really many who love to see pictures from F&M's palace and official rooms. The art in F&M's palace is a fantastic and unic art storytelling. Both family-wise and historically. Some of the rooms are stories about how F&M met each other and their lives together and that the children arrived. What a historical gift/legacy to leave for your children/next generation.

What one likes in art is very individual, but no one can deny that virtually all the art in the Crown Prince Couple's palace is interesting and with a story - in a modern way where you don’t have to be an experienced old art lover to understand it - and I like that.

I always think that it must be a fairy tale walk to be an official guest in Frederik 8’s palace and walking around and see all those stories in the rooms. At least I thought that back in 2010 when I visited their palace before they moved in.

Last edited:
Must be impactful to be in these meetings

I am liking that we are seeing more postings on the DRF social media about her meetings with her patronages. This is the third such type posting in less than a week. It gives a view of their work when they are not at a public event. More of this please.

I am liking that we are seeing more postings on the DRF social media about her meetings with her patronages. This is the third such type posting in less than a week. It gives a view of their work when they are not at a public event. More of this please.

Couldn't agree more!

People need to see, and people feel good about it and the overwhelming majority no doubt approve of us, the public, getting news about what they are up to at the office.
It's not just what M&F do on stage, so to speak, that is important. It's also when they do rehearsals that matters, to stay with the theater comparison.
There are after all still quite a few who believe, willfully or not, that when the royals are not cutting ribbons or waving to the crowd, they sit around napping with their feet on the desk.

Couldn't agree more!

People need to see, and people feel good about it and the overwhelming majority no doubt approve of us, the public, getting news about what they are up to at the office.
It's not just what M&F do on stage, so to speak, that is important. It's also when they do rehearsals that matters, to stay with the theater comparison.
There are after all still quite a few who believe, willfully or not, that when the royals are not cutting ribbons or waving to the crowd, they sit around napping with their feet on the desk.

Exactly! And the three meetings Mary had that have been posted about have been with her patronages and related to very important/relevant issues. It shows that Mary is engaged/involved in what is going on. The same with Frederik's visit to the Red Cross last week where he was briefed on their work in Ukraine and surrounding countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom