Crown Princess Mary as Patron of The Danish Kidney Association: 2007 - 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...As many here know, I'm a Kidney Transplant Recipient and also marked my 20th Anniversary this past December 10th, so learning about this Day in Denmark hits very close to home. *Very* close to home.

I did not know Mary was Patron of this and I'd love it if one of our Danish Members could please explain a bit more about both the day and Mary's work w/Denmark's Kidney organization? Pretty please?

I've got Transplant Clinic on Friday and would love to tell my Kidney Doc a bit more about this. Thanks in advance to whoever answers my questions.

I love the lighting of those candles to honour and remember both forms of Donation, Live Donation and the form we all think of when thinking of Organ Donation, those who are sadly no longer w/us. Which was what happened w/me. My Donor was a 25 yr old man who was the victim of a Drunk Driver and I think of his Family and keep them in my Prayers every day.

Thanks for all of the pictures and looking forward to learning more about Denmark's Kidney Day.

:previous: Well, Tiggersk8,

I guess it works more or less the same way as it does in Canada.

The purpose of the Kidney Day is to meet others who have had a transplant and to show gratitude for those donors who live and to remember those donors that died.

It think it can be summarized in this from an e-mail to the association: "I got a transplant in 2005 at age thirteen, so it's getting close to nine years now. I enjoy life and (I) am grateful for the new life I have had. My donor no longer lives, but I still carry something of him in me and for that I'm eternally grateful".

A political campaign, combined with an increased awareness of the problem of donors, or rather lack of them, has meant a very consideralble increase in people signing up for the Donor Register.
Nowadays you can do it online and as it is considered a legally binding will, the relatives can't prevent it. And don't have to be in the situation, where they in their grief suddenly have to decide whether their loved one can be used as a donor.

- I'm sure this event will be covered in BB Thursday, so perhaps there'll be more.

:previous: Well, Tiggersk8,

I guess it works more or less the same way as it does in Canada.

The purpose of the Kidney Day is to meet others who have had a transplant and to show gratitude for those donors who live and to remember those donors that died.

It think it can be summarized in this from an e-mail to the association: "I got a transplant in 2005 at age thirteen, so it's getting close to nine years now. I enjoy life and (I) am grateful for the new life I have had. My donor no longer lives, but I still carry something of him in me and for that I'm eternally grateful".

A political campaign, combined with an increased awareness of the problem of donors, or rather lack of them, has meant a very consideralble increase in people signing up for the Donor Register.
Nowadays you can do it online and as it is considered a legally binding will, the relatives can't prevent it. And don't have to be in the situation, where they in their grief suddenly have to decide whether their loved one can be used as a donor.

- I'm sure this event will be covered in BB Thursday, so perhaps there'll be more.

That's just it though Muhler, we don't have a day like this. Not Nationally at least. I wis we did. Organ Donation is down across the board in my Home Province of Ontario. Something like this could do so much good here in Canada. Sigh...:(

That's just it though Muhler, we don't have a day like this. Not Nationally at least. I wis we did. Organ Donation is down across the board in my Home Province of Ontario. Something like this could do so much good here in Canada. Sigh...:(

Perhaps you could start one? It has to begin somewhere.

Because as you point out, this is important to put light on. I imagine Canada is like everywhere else, organ donors don't hang on the trees.

It seems to me Denmark is very progressive in creating awareness for worthy causes. I am sure many other western countries could learn a thing or two from the Danes. Having a royal around helps enormously it seems. Best of luck with the future Tigger.

:previous: What a delightful and relaxed picture of Mary and the children :wub: There's really connection!

I hope Mary (and children?) have had a nice evening in the Circus. And hope we soon will get many more pictures...

:previous: Thank you for the delightful pictures and galleries of Mary in the Circus with the kidney sick children last night, Iceflower.

She's a natural talent, Mary :) And even the smallest ones do Mary spots in the crowd and lifts them up on her arm and gives them an big experience. That's why she's so popular as she is.
(..)

Comments from people who yesterday were with Mary and the Kidney Association in Circus writes on social media:

"What a wonderful evening in the company of Nyreforeningen, Crown Princess Mary and Circus Dannebrog ❤️ Amalie was totally blown away efter meeting Crown Princess Mary. There may be some benefits when you are a kidney sick child."

"That's my kids ��
They were totally happy and super proud when they came home ����
Noah is a kidney child and think it was fun to talk to other kidney kids and OF COURSE it was super lovely to meet our Crown Princess." ����

"By the heart❤️ THANK YOU for an unforgettable evening .. My daughter Josephine has had the most wonderful evening with the Crown Princess."

Last edited by a moderator:
this looked like a fun outing - i liked mary's trousers. however, as an animal lover i don't think circuses should exist (at least not those which have animals used for our pleasure and entertainment, i know there is some circuses that have only human performers) NOR that royalty should support such inhumane treatment.

and to my knowledge, bread is not usually something that an elephant would eat in their natural habitat. i wish that at least they gave that child and mary something more appropriate to feed the elephant. i would hate to know that they only get fed human made foods such as bread.

I agree with you, Carlota.

I don't like large animals performing in circuses either. I find it somehow degrading.

As for food. As long as the elephants are not fed pastries on a regular basis. Perhaps they think white bread is a treat and look forward to the intermissions?

:previous: Thank you for the delightful pictures and galleries of Mary in the Circus with the kidney sick children last night, Iceflower.

She's a natural talent, Mary :) And even the smallest ones do Mary spots in the crowd and lifts them up on her arm and gives them an big experience. That's why she's so popular as she is.
(..)

Comments from people who yesterday were with Mary and the Kidney Association in Circus writes on social media:

"What a wonderful evening in the company of Nyreforeningen, Crown Princess Mary and Circus Dannebrog ❤️ Amalie was totally blown away efter meeting Crown Princess Mary. There may be some benefits when you are a kidney sick child."

"That's my kids ��
They were totally happy and super proud when they came home ����
Noah is a kidney child and think it was fun to talk to other kidney kids and OF COURSE it was super lovely to meet our Crown Princess." ����

"By the heart❤️ THANK YOU for an unforgettable evening .. My daughter Josephine has had the most wonderful evening with the Crown Princess."

First- Lovely! ::wub:
Second- I read similar comments on social media from parents whose children have met Robert Hardy. They must have a similar rapport with kids. Makes me smile. If they did an engagement together it would be amazing. Although I'd like to see RH do an engagement with certain members of the BRF first.
Third- :lol::wub: The smilies! I can just picture RH doing this with the kids. That would be.... As is, LOVE Mary and the kids and the elephants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom