CP Mary as Patron of The Christmas Seal Foundation (Julemærkefonden): 2005 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In that pictures from hospital, Mary looks odd. Its in make up, in me or in something else?

She looks gorgeous!!! I love her hair too.:p :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Crown Princess Mary is delightful. She's young, fresh and seems very casual. This thing about her spending too much money... please! She's a future queen and is in the public eye all the time, therefore she HAS to wear nice clothes. And nice stuff doesn't come cheap. I have seen pictures of her with the very same outfits two or three times on different occasions. She's very practical. The press is very funny. If she doesn't wear new clothes all the time, she's thrifty. If she does, she's an over spender. She's my favorite royal and I think she has a beautiful face.

Last edited:
October 30
HRH The Crown Princess is present at the presentation of the Christmas Seal 2006 in Tivoli

Her Royal Highness attends the event in the role of patron of the Danish Christmas Seal.

(pictures from Polfoto)

purple_platinum said:

I like this picture - she looks so enchanted. But
my, this year it's still so warm in Germany, that I was just out shopping wearing only a polo shirt with short sleeves while princess Mary is already pictured with Xmas decorations... Okay, only 7 weeks to go till Christmas... :)

I agree.
She's so stunning in green color and also, I love her face expression- so profesional with soft smile :wub: :heart:
Thank you for pics purple platinum!

thanks for the photos, she looks rested and i like this suit. love the peacock? pin, very pretty. any clue if its new or has a history?

great pictures thank you purple_platinu. she is looking good and that color does suit her. Her face seems to be getting fuller.Cant wait to see her starting to wear maternaty cloths, think its to early. Hope there are more pictures to this event

(Scanpix Denmark keld Navntoft/isifa.com)

I love this green outfit on her! And doesn't she just look stunning!!!

Well green is not my favourite colour but I must admit that this outfit looks great on Princess Mary, she doesn't look pregnant at all!!!

biboquinhas said:
Well green is not my favourite colour but I must admit that this outfit looks great on Princess Mary, she doesn't look pregnant at all!!!
You're right.
I just remember her last pregnancy... You weren't able to see that she's pregnant until the 5th or 6th month.

Mary looks stunning in this outfit which really suits her coloring. Would you say the outfit is Jade green ??? It's a beautiful color.:flowers:

Mary's next apperance at this event would be on Oct 29. I hope we see some fun pictures of Mary as last year.

Mary's next apperance at this event would be on Oct 29. I hope we see some fun pictures of Mary as last year.

another note: she will also attend with her new lady in waiting, as she started her post on the 27th october.

another note: she will also attend with her new lady in waiting, as she started her post on the 27th october.

I thought Nov 1:ermm: anyways, I'd really like to see her with Mary. Hope her all the best in her new post:cool:

The 2007 Presentation of the Christmas Seal

On October 29, as part of her patronages, Mary will attend the 2007 Presentation of the Christmas Seal in Copenhagen. This year the event will take place at Tivoli. Here is a brief description of what the benefits are regarding this foundation:

Founded in 1904, The Christmas Seal Foundation's goal was to raise money to help children in need. The foundation owns four Christmas Seal Homes, whereupon needy children, aged 6-14, are offered a 10 week stay. Every year, the foundation helps 700 children [in hope] to recieve a better as well as happier life.

Please share your thoughts and comments about the CSF here as well as to share images of the event. Just in case anyone forgot TRF photo posting rules as well as article rules:
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
Enjoy!
Mandy, Empress, and GT:flowers:

Thanks paty for the pictures. Intresting there is no full length views from today, might as well wait for more pictures to really judge. Mary to me seems pale for the past few events, im not sure if its not much make-up & needs abit more blush, camera flash or i dont. anyways, also she is in a cute top,something we dont always see her in.

More pictures on Søren Steffen

Last edited:
Here's a small article from BT discussing today's important event.

I'll translate it later, unless another member would like a go at it. Please remember when translating copyrighted articles: use your own words.

:)

Have the Christmas Seal Foundation the same intention as the Foundation the Crownprincess started one or two month ago?

i think she's putting on the pin. in one of the polfoto pics she doesn't have a pin on and she does in the others.

I don't know what it is but today when I looked at these photos I immediately thought, she's pregnant. I don't know why. It could be possible both her and Fred want more children.

She just looks very relaxed and content, but I guess and woman doesn't have to be pregnant to look that way.

A series of lovely photos courtesy of the fantastic blog, Mary en Maxima. :flowers:

Though it is nice to view photos of Mary, the event and its specific purpose is more important if you ask me. What are your thoughts on the goals as well as benefits of the CSF? Is it enough (meaning 10 weeks geared towards a specific age group)? What more could be done, if any?

Have the Christmas Seal Foundation the same intention as the Foundation the Crownprincess started one or two month ago?
You can see a brief summery of the purpose of the foundation here ::Julemærket: English summary::. The first christmas seal came in 1904 and is said to be the first of its kind in the world - the idea being that if people paid a small amount for an extra stamp when they sent a letter, the amount earned from this voluntary postage should be used on children in need. At first it was used for children with tuberculosis but it has supported many causes through the years.
My mother says that when she was a child undenourished children could be sent to one of the Christmas Seal Foundation's homes for a period. Nowadays, I think that they treat overweight children as well - and that the focus is on children with social and psychological problems.
The foundation (which receives very few public funds) has also supported various causes, for example the fight against tuberculosis amongst children in Greenland.

The stamps are made by various artists; queen Margrethe has been behind it a couple of times.
According to the foundation's website, around 3 billion christmas stamps have been sold since it's beginning.
Recently, they have introduced e-stamps as well since many people have changed from the traditional christmas card to electronic cards.

To me, the Christmas stamp is one of the first sign of Christmas :)

Here CHRISTMAS_SEALS-2003 you can see all the Christmas stamps, just click on the relevant year.

Queen Margrethe designed it in 1970 (that generated more money than usual when it was discovered who the artist behind it was) and in 2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like her scarf! The top is O.K but the scarf, no....! Mary is really photogenic! She always look good on the pictures. Her new lady in waiting should smile more! I think that she could be wearing something more formal! She looks very relaxed and smile a lot!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom