Crown Princess Mary as Patron of Designers Nest: 2005 - 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #06, 2018.
Written by Dorthe Quist.

Wearing clothes by Jesper Høvring Mary arrived to the Designer's Nest during the Fashion Week.
The Danish export of fashion now constitute a not insignificant part of the GNP and growing. The main markets now are Scandinavia, Germany and Britain. There are however some concerns about the export to Britain as the consequences of Brexit are not yet clear.
However, a foothold has been established on the Chinese market, so it is expected the export to China will boom in the next few years. But also Southern Europe is a growing market.
All that to explain why Mary's attendance is very much about money and jobs!

Here she looked at what the aspiring designers had come up with. The award this year went to the Norwegian designer, Axel Engvist. - Quite a few Swedes and Norwegians (and Icelanders too) study design in Denmark. In return quite a few Danes study a number of specialized crafts in Sweden and Norway.
Afterwards Mary said: "It was a really good show with a high standard and it's nice to see how socially conscious (as in the society) the young talents have been this year with the ways they are expressing themselves.
I always think it's inspiring to see what the young has to offer. You can clearly tell that some are more commercial than others.
I think the designs by the young contain answers on some of the global challenges we face. So it's very inspiring how the participants deal with these challenges".
(There is serious money in sustainable materials, environmentally sound manufacture and recycling, especially in regards to export).

After this event, Mary went to Copenhagen Townhall for the official opening if the Fashion Week. (Q for English speakers: Isn't townhall supposed to be one word, rather than town-hall/town hall?)

----------------------

See for yourselves here:

BB #06, 2018.
Billed Bladet #06, 2018
This week I decided to scan all royal articles. Just for the fun of it. - Except one about PH moving in at Fredensborg, That's no longer relevant.
There are some wonderful photos of the Spanish royals this week. In particular one photo, it simply leaves me in a good mood, just looking at it. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom