Crown Princess Mary as Patron of Copenhagen International Fashion Fair (2005-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so to. They really looks " sex and the city" likes out. ..

don't like the message these pictures send out at all. i get the message that mary is patron of danish fashion and the industry is important but no need to do the celebrity style catwalk watch in bond girl company. royals are no celebrities and should refrain from being associated with the "rich & bored" lifestyle.

I don't think there is any message being sent out. She was watching the shows as patron. As for her friends, well maybe they were invited.

don't like the message these pictures send out at all. i get the message that mary is patron of danish fashion and the industry is important but no need to do the celebrity style catwalk watch in bond girl company. royals are no celebrities and should refrain from being associated with the "rich & bored" lifestyle.

that's quite a good point DOM. i think you have put it nicely. while i like the pictures and find it funny they resemble a popular series, i do think the same..

It was really some great pictures of Mary when she watch'ed Malene Birgers show, Malene Birger is Mary favourits designs, and she offents where "her". And it looks nice on her,

Nanna
www.kronprinsesse-mary.dk

"don't like the message these pictures send out at all. i get the message that mary is patron of danish fashion and the industry is important but no need to do the celebrity style catwalk watch in bond girl company. royals are no celebrities and should refrain from being associated with the "rich & bored" lifestyle." - DUKE OF MARMALADE COTE
Yes Duke of Marmalade I agree 100% with you, wheN I made my post about Mary beeing a bit too fashion for a future Queen. To me she seams like a future top model and not a future Queen. She is patron of the Danish fashion but it seams that she is even more intrested in beeing a celebrity and please don't get me wrong because I love Mary and I like seeing always what she is wearing but nowadays she seams to get even more interested on her way of dressing and that is all!:cool:

...but nowadays she seams to get even more interested on her way of dressing and that is all!:cool:
How does any of us watchers know what she is interested in? If she happens to look well why do you think 'that is all' for her?:ermm:

If she constantly mismatched her clothes, had untidy hair and generally gav an unpolished impression, would she then suddenly become a 'serious' person in your eyes? None of us knows how much work it takes the individual royal person to look well-groomed. For some it may be easy, for others a constant struggle. If it is easy for Mary, then what's the problem?
If she didn't look well groomed and interested in what is going on at these half-yearly visits to CIFF, when should she?

No offence, but judging a person's abilities, interests and achivements on that person's appareance seems rather shallow to me.

No offence, but judging a person's abilities, interests and achivements on that person's appareance seems rather shallow to me.
I couldn't agree more.
And this doesn't only apply to Mary but also to the women in her company who were labeled as "bond girls" and "rich&bored". I wonder if that poster actually knows who they are and what they do. But no matter, just go on judging...

Also, it seems to me those who are always fast to judge are most interested in fashion themselves. At least they are commenting on dresses they like or dislike most of the time and not so much about e.g. the newest project of The Mary Foundation. But I won't be so shallow as to judge them by their posts. :rolleyes:

Thank you for these, they are wonderful to see. I am always amazed at how well the DRF handled the divorce, they all really came out of it looking good. On a side not the height difference between Alex and Mary is very evident in these photographs, I knew Alex was on the smaller side but I never knew just how much smaller than Mary she was. :lol:

I though that thoose ditn't talk to each other, but thats not true, they look so friendfull put, they look like they haven't seen each other in a time, but they still are friends.

Nanna
www.dronning-mary.webbyen.dk

Does anyone know who the woman in grey is? Was she with Mary or Alexandra? I don't see a L-I-W pin.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1599/21242710888cf1mk7.jpg
Looks like countess Helle Redtz-Thott of Gavnø castle (some of the first pictures of Frederik and Mary together at a wedding - Mary wearing the coral coloured silk dress - were from Helle and Otto Redz-Thott's wedding which took place at the church at Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerød) :)

I though that thoose ditn't talk to each other, but thats not true, they look so friendfull put, they look like they haven't seen each other in a time, but they still are friends.

How do we really know if they are friends from these pictures? Good luck to them if they are, that's great....but what was either of them going to do if they just happened to be at the same place at the same time...Mary was going to turn up her nose, ignore Alexandra and just walk off in huff (Imagine the headlines!!! Mary snubs Alexandra at CIFF, Oh dear!!!)....Of course not, she's a grown up, whatever her (real) feelings are she would have just made polite small talk as princesses (and ex-princesses) do, about the weather, the kids, the fashions they've seen today and then politely take their leave...Then depending on their true relationship depends on what she said to Helle as they walked off (What a nightmare seeing her again! Let's go! or How wonderful to see Alexandra again, I must make arrangements to catch up with her another time...)

I love to speculate as much as the next person but some happy snaps at a fashion show sometimes do not always tell the real story and sometimes we never will know the true story...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like countess Helle Redtz-Thott of Gavnø castle (some of the first pictures of Frederik and Mary together at a wedding - Mary wearing the coral coloured silk dress - were from Helle and Otto Redz-Thott's wedding which took place at the church at Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerød) :)
That's who i thought it was straight away too.:flowers:

Please excuse my ignorance, but is the countess Danish? I remember Mary wearing the coral dress, but I wasn't aware of whose wedding she was attending. Was the countess attending the event with Mary or Alexandra (or was she there on her own)?

:previous:

AFAIK Mary and the Countess are good friends, so she was probably attending with Mary. I think that Mary is godmother to her son. I don’t know if the Countess is Danish or not but I have never heard that she wasn’t so…..:flowers:

Yes, Helle is Danish.:)
I think she lived in Hillerød in North Zealand - which was why the wedding took place at Frederiksborg Castle.

I belive you're right Amelia - that Mary is godmother to one of Helle's young sons. She had a baby girl by the way around christmas :flowers:

Thank you Amelia and UserDane! The Countess is very beautiful. Is she part of the DRF? Congratulations to the Countess on the birth of her new baby.

Thank you Amelia and UserDane! The Countess is very beautiful. Is she part of the DRF? Congratulations to the Countess on the birth of her new baby.

Helle is not part of the danish royal family. Do you mean if she works for them? Because to the best of my knowledge she doesn't. She's just part of Mary's inner circle. Her husband is one of Frederik's good friends and I believe that is how she and Mary met.

i've never seen alexandra looking so unkept. that hair, i can see bobby pins, assorted clips and it looks like her hair wasn't combed before she put them in. no offense meant (i like alex) but next to the other polished ladies around her, she seems to have to come to the show after mowing her yard without changing. she's usually so well dressed i'm kinda disappointed.

i hope they have a nice relationship for the kids sake, it makes it so much easier on everybody if they can stay friendly, i don't expect "best friend" kind of thing, just cordial and polite with open communication as the photos suggest.

I think all concerned keep it very friendly. For Alex and Mary there is no reason to be unkind to each other. I doubt they were close as Alex was leaving the family when Mary was coming in. But I'm sure they interacted. And they are all adults. I'm glad to see they act like it.

As far as Alex's appearance, I have noticed the same thing for some of her appearances where she does not look good. But I doubt she uses a stylist or hairdresser anymore. Personally, she does not strike me as a person who thinks her looks are important or has knowledge in that area. But when you are in the public eye. Everything is important. All of us will slip up on occassion but hopefully not too often.

http://i32.tinypic.com/3495o2g.jpg

I love that picture she looks like she's having a lot of fun.

Great finding, I love this picture. Mary is a very nice human being, IMO and a very inspiring one. Everytime I see this princess I just see gentleness and genuinity. I'm not having much time right now to post but when I come to the forum I love to see Mary's pictures, so thanks everyone for them :flowers:

More pics from the fashion show:

05-08-2009 Copenhagen Crown Princess Mary attends
the Yde fashion show at Copenhagen City Hall

** ppe gallery **

BB has a gallery of Mary attending the show. Isnt the lady on Mary's right her stylist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom