Crown Princess Mary and the Twins Leave Hospital: January 14, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have ignored the facts in favour of your own fanciful explanations.

FasterB has already explained that Mary was demonstrating what her little boy does when he reaches for contact with his sister.

Thanks FasterB

Um, OK. Let's dispose of the fanciful and get to what we see and hear in the video. Mary points to the little princess, and then the crown prince couple are talking at the exact same time until Mary touches Fred's arm and he immediately stops talking.

So can this tit for tat stuff stop now.... I expect this from the kids I teach but not from mature people which I think you all are.

Husbands/fathers get excited when they are talking about something they enjoy. Mary did the right thing with quitley touching his arm. I know sometimes I have to stop mine from talking over me, it gets annoying. I loved that that moment though.

I also liked when they went to put the hats on and mary had the wrong hat and nearly put it on the wrong baby...lol

I quite like how Frederik and Mary drive themselves when leaving the hospital. Sure it's not a particularly long drive, but I still find it quite nice that mother, father adn new born children manage to find what really is an every day privacy (being that there are no people in the car besides the family) the rest of us would take for granted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always thought and said that Mary has more creases than she should at her age.

And where do you see most of those creases are? They are around the eye area. They are often described as laugh lines because of the obvious reasons.

So while she may show more creases than some of the others, it shows at that at least she is enjoying life and having loads of laughs along the way. A great attribute and indication of the type of woman she is. It also shows a woman who is content with herself and her own life that she is able to embrace those wrinkles and still look better than those who are half her age. Which makes her even more beautiful.

Several posts have been removed as they had nothing to do with the topic of this thread - Mary and the twins leaving hospital.

If you have an issue with another member, please contact them via PM (remembering that forum rules still apply) or a member of the moderating team.

A request for moving a discussion regarding Frederik's confidence improvement over the past few years to a more appropriate thread has been has been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/crown-prince-frederiks-suitability-to-be-king-14778.html thread, where the discussion may take place. If a member wishes to locate a thread on a specific topic regarding the DRF, please have a look at the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/map-to-the-danish-royals-at-the-royal-forums-27697.html, where all the threads in the Danish forum are listed by category and periodically updated.

The moderators would also like to take this opportunity to remind all members to treat everyone with respect. Those that do not may find themselves suffering consequences stemming from not following forum rules and guidelines.

On a side note - stating that Mary looks like she is hitting her 40s is not to be taken as an offence, considering that she will turn 39 in approximately two weeks time.

Any queries may be directed towards the moderators via private message.

JessRulz
Danish Forum Moderator

Um, OK. Let's dispose of the fanciful and get to what we see and hear in the video. Mary points to the little princess, and then the crown prince couple are talking at the exact same time until Mary touches Fred's arm and he immediately stops talking.
CPss Mary isn´t at all telling CP Frederik to be quiet. She is gesticulating about how the twins are sleeping and while she ´s doing that she points to/at the princess.

Last edited:
If you are refering to 2:30-2:40 then the CPC are explaining about how the twins temperaments are. That he is seeking after her (here is CPss Mary pointing at the little princess).

Okay, that makes sense. Someone on Youtube was insisting that Mary was deliberately pushing Frederik out of the way :ohmy: as if he was getting in her personal space or stealing the attention from her.

I don't understand a word of Danish so I had to just go by their body language, it didn't seem like it was an issue to me.

Thank you everyone for your kind explanations.

Okay, that makes sense. Someone on Youtube was insisting that Mary was deliberately pushing Frederik out of the way :ohmy: as if he was getting in her personal space or stealing the attention from her.

I don't understand a word of Danish so I had to just go by their body language, it didn't seem like it was an issue to me.

You´re most welcome :flowers: And you are right, there is no big issue. They are both explaining e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g about the twins and CPss Mary is very gesticulated when she speaks, hence the pointing to her little new daugther :wub:

o.k. Thanks for the clarification.:flowers: Frederik is a good husband...he remained silent and allowed his wife to answer!:lol::ROFLMAO: Good boy!:whistling:

Wouldn't you agree Muhler? LOL! (I so miss teasing you!):p;)

:lol: Frederik is learning.
A newly wedded husband usually make the mistake of believing his wife actually wish have a conversation with him and as such responds verbally to what she is saying.
Then he learns that he is only required to nod or shake the head at intervals.
After having made the mistake of nodding at the wrong places a number of times, the experienced husband moves on to the next step: Grunting at regular intervals, and after a while he will from time to time come up with a non-committing thoughtful expression on his face.
The really experienced husband go one step further: When his wife is finally done talking, he nods and says: "I'm glad we had this conversation". And that is one of the keys to a happy marriage. ;)
Frederik will get there eventually. :p

Last edited:
:lol: Frederik is learning.
A newly wedded husband usually make the mistake of believing his wife actually wish have a conversation with him and as such responds verbally to what she is saying.
Then he learns that he is only required to nod or shake the head at intervals.
After having made the mistake of nodding at the wrong places a number of times, the experienced husband moves on to the next step: Grunting at regular intervals, and after a while he will from time to time come up with a non-committing thoughtful expression on his face.
The really experienced husband go one step further: When his wife is finally done talking, he nods and says: "I'm glad we had this conversation". And that is one of the keys to a happy marriage. ;)
Frederik will get there eventually. :p
Your analysis is quite right and makes me laugh !:lol:

Does anyone know about the beautiful blankets that the twins were wrapped in? I'd love to know the back story about that!

Does anyone know about the beautiful blankets that the twins were wrapped in? I'd love to know the back story about that!
There hasn´t been a word in the danish media AFAIK. But my guess is that one of them is the one the CPC used for both Prince Chrisitan and Princess Isabella and the other one is brought to DK by Aunt Jane. But IDK :)

That is why youtube is the last place I will take anyone seriously. Almost a year ago I got duped :bang: by certain members of a 'forum' informing me of a site supporting our Mary only to find myself really :angry: at a ridiculous excuse of a forum upon looking through it.
I could understand their need to 'falsely' advertise such a pathetic site though. That place was not only starved for attention due to its lacklustre activities but those few who do remain are a rather unfortunate and depressed bunch I tell ya!:eek:

I don't understand Danish either but even I can see that Mary's intention was not even close to whatever that person said on youtube.:nonono:

Does anyone know if CP couple from Norway and Netherlands sent out messages like the CP Victoria did? You would think so given how close they all seem to be.

Well the Norwegian couple are off travelling, so they might have done it privately.

Slightly harsh.
Mary looks beautiful, and not a day over 30.

she looks like 30?:eek: http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/672/3/620x411-c/3672450-tvillinger.jpg this does not look like 30 but rather goodlooking at 50 to me. and why harsh? i did not say you look old, she is a person of public life. people here are a bit overreacting in my opinion. it is just my opinion and i was a bit shocked that she ages so badly. but there are more important things than looks. if she is a kind person then i do not care if she looks old.:)

:previous: Well, come on. This woman has just given birth to twins a week ago. Have mercy. ;)

We all have differing opinions Yekaterina, mine differs from yours.
Calling her an old clown was IMO harsh on a person who has just given birth to twins and lives the life of a princess.

We all have differing opinions Yekaterina, mine differs from yours.
Calling her an old clown was IMO harsh on a person who has just given birth to twins and lives the life of a princess.

Well said :flowers: who actually steps out of hospital looking like a supermodel anyway?

ETA: In some photos, Mary's makeup looks fine, in others it looks too heavy. I think the angle and lighting can change a person's appearance and makes them look softer or more harsh. Even the type of makeup can have an impact on the lighting.

Last edited:
she looks like 30?:eek: http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/672/3/620x411-c/3672450-tvillinger.jpg this does not look like 30 but rather goodlooking at 50 to me. and why harsh? i did not say you look old, she is a person of public life. people here are a bit overreacting in my opinion. it is just my opinion and i was a bit shocked that she ages so badly. but there are more important things than looks. if she is a kind person then i do not care if she looks old.:)

CP Mary is a very kind person.

She is very much involved in the fight against bullying between children. A lot of schools in Denmark has been benefitting from these initiatives.:flowers:

CP Mary has also initiated help to women suffering from domestic violence. :flowers:

Well said :flowers: who actually steps out of hospital looking like a supermodel anyway?

ETA: In some photos, Mary's makeup looks fine, in others it looks too heavy. I think the angle and lighting can change a person's appearance and makes them look softer or more harsh. Even the type of makeup can have an impact on the lighting.

Exactly. The woman just had twins and is probably sleep deprived so you weren't going to see the next top model walking out of there!

:)Timidly,I would like to say, that IMHO CP Frederik is looking now even more handsome and characteristically beautiful than before.

:)Timidly,I would like to say, that IMHO CP Frederik is looking now even more handsome and characteristically beautiful than before.

Oh that I can definitely agree on.;)

What is it with men in their late 30s early 40s? Hugh Jackman, Johnny Depp, Paul Walker even overrated Brad Pitt (sorry ladies) is looking the best I've ever seen him. Most of them look even better with the shaggy beards!:whistling::whistling::whistling: Well, it did kind of help that the first three are just the sexiest men ever! :p:D

His beautiful wife and kids have certainly added an extra element of 'beauty' to him. This period in his life seems to satisfy him immensely. It suits him so well.

Ekstra Bladet - Mary: Jeg er meget bevget

It seems that Mary becomes quite emotional while speaking during the press conference outside the hospital. You can see how she struggled to hold her tears back :wub:

And I can now see better how she was explaining the way the babies interact with each other. It's amazing how different camera angles can tell two different stories.

Thank you for posting this video :flowers: Now I can see and hear (app. 00:36) where people got the impression that CPss Mary is pushing CP Frederik away while saying: "Give me a little space".

CPss Mary is saying "Give me a little space", BUT she says it as if she were the little princess. CPss Mary had just explained that the little prince is seeking for his sister when they are sleeping and wants to touch her. While the little princess is more "give me a little space" and that is why CPss Mary is touching CP Frederik.
CPss Mary is acting as if she was the little princess and CP Frederik the little prince :wub: :wub: :wub:

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this video :flowers: Now I can see and hear (app. 00:36) where people got the impression that CPss Mary is pushing CP Frederik away while saying: "Give me a little space".

CPss Mary is saying "Give me a little space", BUT she says it as if she were the little princess. CPss Mary had just explained that the little prince is seeking for his sister when they are sleeping and wants to touch her. While the little princess is more "give me a little space" and that is why CPss Mary is touching CP Frederik.
CPss Mary is acting as if she was the little princess and CP Frederik the little prince :wub: :wub: :wub:

Super! I was planning on posting a request for a Danish speaker to kindly translate Mary's & Frederik's remarks during the exchange in question. Thanks for doing that, FasterB. And this video is certainly better than the other one on YouTube. Thanks! :flowers:

I actually think that the blankets they were wrapped in were matching, so maybe the one that was used for Christian and Isabella wasn't used this time? That would make sense to me, rather then have one baby miss out all together, the twins had new ones that matched for them only.

Been a busy few days here, so only now posting...

They are too adorable and I love the one picture of the lil Princess "playing" Peek!! :D

Would love to know more about the shawls/blankets the twins were wrapped. I knit *and* crochet both as a hobby and for charity. One of the charities I help w/my crafting are items for our local Neo Natal Unit and I'd love a pattern of them if one is available. They're gorgeous!!

Mary and Frederick must be so happy to have everyone at home again. Can't wait for the first official pictures of the entire family, but especially to see Christian and Isabella w/their new brother and sister.

What a lovely family and so happy for them. :eek:)

Maybe there were two original blankets. Do you think it's possible that Christian had one and Isabella an identical, but different one? That way there are alread two seperate ones for the twins to use. I don't know. It's a theory.

I think her command of the Danish language is pretty near perfect. How she ever learnt it so quickly in the first place is beyond me. I just wonder if Christian and Isabella know both Danish and English. Thanks for the video clips - they were lovely :flowers:

I LOVE this pic it's so cute:flowers:

Too cute for words. Saw her do that in the video clip. Just gorgeous :flowers:

Been a busy few days here, so only now posting...

They are too adorable and I love the one picture of the lil Princess "playing" Peek!! :D

Would love to know more about the shawls/blankets the twins were wrapped. I knit *and* crochet both as a hobby and for charity. One of the charities I help w/my crafting are items for our local Neo Natal Unit and I'd love a pattern of them if one is available. They're gorgeous!!

Mary and Frederick must be so happy to have everyone at home again. Can't wait for the first official pictures of the entire family, but especially to see Christian and Isabella w/their new brother and sister.

What a lovely family and so happy for them. :eek:)
I remember when Prince William was born, the pattern for the shawl was put in a magazine - if my memory serves me right ! Maybe we could suggest it for the twins' shawls :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom