Crown Princess Mary and the Twins Leave Hospital: January 14, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested to know how the Danish posters feel about Mary's command of their language. I remember when she was first engaged & married there she was made fun of because her Danish speaking was not so good. WHat do you think now?

I feel so proud when I hear her speak Danish, because I really feel that she put an effort into learning our language which is kinda hard to learn & then I think that her accent is incredibly cute :) I always giggle a little, because it sounds so sweet.

awww, babies look so cute!!!!:wub: beautiful angels. but man, mary looks so old for not yet 40.:eek:

awww, babies look so cute!!!!:wub: beautiful angels. but man, mary looks so old for not yet 40.:eek:
It must be due to her pregnancy. She will be herself again soon but she first needs some time to enjoy her new born ones!

i really like number 3: the way mary and frederik are both smiling, the similar position which highlights the difference in the colour of their respective eyes, the way frederik is slightly leaning on mary indicating closeness and intimacy, the extracute babies...

Slightly harsh.
Mary looks beautiful, and not a day over 30.

You're not serious are you? Mary is Australian and Australian women always look a little older than their age because of the sun. A friend of mine emigrated to Sweden with her husband at the age of 30 and people assumed she was 45. I think Mary looks fantastic - but I wouldn't say she looks 30. By Australian standards she looks 35 and by European standards at least her 38 years.

You're not serious are you? Mary is Australian and Australian women always look a little older than their age because of the sun. A friend of mine emigrated to Sweden with her husband at the age of 30 and people assumed she was 45. I think Mary looks fantastic - but I wouldn't say she looks 30. By Australian standards she looks 35 and by European standards at least her 38 years.

Yes I am serious.
She might be Australian, but she hasn't been there for 7 years, I don't think the sun affects her that much now.
I obviously look at her differently to you.

That's just what I was thinking, and it's funny bc she does take extremely good care of herself nutrition wise and exercize etc. but she is after a birth of fraternal twins which means 2 placentas sucking the nutrition and minerals out of your body. In general Mary does look at least her age if not slightly older and now with the fatigue even more so

CP Frederik is a modern man.
For regardless of whether the assignment states to carry his precious home safely, or to stand his wife bee at her confinement, then the 10th Frederik in the Danish royal line a modern man. A man who is present and engaged in family welfare. And unlike previous generations mantra - children should be seen and not heard - is the country's 42-year-old crown prince deeply involved in his children.

Crown Prince Frederik, who in particular can boast of 'macho' training at the Naval Frogman Corps, is also so much in contact with his soft side that he takes part in the more common shades of everyday life.

Paternity leave
Crown Prince Frederik, who took nearly three weeks of paternity leave in connection with the twin birth is also man enough to admit that maybe it was too little. Asked directly whether he was considering taking maternity leave said Crown Prince:

- Yes, it has since occurred to me.

But where the Crown Prince really consisted manhood test, was his reaction to Princess Mary's answer to the question whether the Crown Prince had been a huge help at birth:

- Invaluable much, with great love. He does everything right.

Frederick's eyes were shining, tears squeezed themselves in and sensitive father of four showed he is a modern man.
Frederik er en moderne far til fire - Royale - BT.dk

That's just what I was thinking, and it's funny bc she does take extremely good care of herself nutrition wise and exercize etc. but she is after a birth of fraternal twins which means 2 placentas sucking the nutrition and minerals out of your body. In general Mary does look at least her age if not slightly older and now with the fatigue even more so
It is rather harsh to judge a woman's look one week after having given birth - when all the hormones are freely flowing, you face is puffy still and your dead tired from being up to feed in this case not one but two babies.

Do you really think that Mary normally looks slightly older than her age? I don't I must admit. She does have some lines around her eyes but that's normal even for woman younger than her.

CP Frederik is a modern man.
For regardless of whether the assignment states to carry his precious home safely, or to stand his wife bee at her confinement, then the 10th Frederik in the Danish royal line a modern man. A man who is present and engaged in family welfare. And unlike previous generations mantra - children should be seen and not heard - is the country's 42-year-old crown prince deeply involved in his children.

Crown Prince Frederik, who in particular can boast of 'macho' training at the Naval Frogman Corps, is also so much in contact with his soft side that he takes part in the more common shades of everyday life.

Paternity leave
Crown Prince Frederik, who took nearly three weeks of paternity leave in connection with the twin birth is also man enough to admit that maybe it was too little. Asked directly whether he was considering taking maternity leave said Crown Prince:

- Yes, it has since occurred to me.

But where the Crown Prince really consisted manhood test, was his reaction to Princess Mary's answer to the question whether the Crown Prince had been a huge help at birth:

- Invaluable much, with great love. He does everything right.

Frederick's eyes were shining, tears squeezed themselves in and sensitive father of four showed he is a modern man.
Frederik er en moderne far til fire - Royale - BT.dk

and i would add of course, speaking i think for all the red pants movement, that he has shown how modern a man he is with his latest choices of colourful outfits:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes I am serious.
She might be Australian, but she hasn't been there for 7 years, I don't think the sun affects her that much now.
I obviously look at her differently to you.

Don't forget that photos are photoshopped, too. It's only the candid photos that indicate what we really look like these days! ;) Of course Mary doesn't look a day over 25 with a bit of 'shopping!

Those photos have been uploaded yesterday immediatly after the walk'n'talk, with everyone trying to be the first to add them and sell more. So no time for photoshopping.

Last edited:
I think she looks like she is in her mid 30's, I don't think she looks old. i think she looks very lovely and so does Frederick.

Do you really think that Mary normally looks slightly older than her age? I don't I must admit. She does have some lines around her eyes but that's normal even for woman younger than her.
I have always thought and said that Mary has more creases than she should at her age.

Mary dresses nice and she carries herself well, but she is beginning to look like she's hitting her 40s.

I was reading the same about Maxima recently, but please give me these natural women. They could both go out and have surgery and botox like some of their counterparts. Most looks like they find it hard to smile.

Once again I am going to say the twins are so cute, I hope Mary and Fred have had some sleep.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember during the broadcast when M&F were speaking to the media and I think Mary put her hand on Frederik's arm as if to push him away? Can anyone tell me what that may have been about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdNAYgO4YfQ

Watch at about 2:30 on the video - was there some miscommunication between M&F about who should be speaking, or was she trying to tell him to be quiet?

The press reminded Fred about the discussion of having more children ;) It seems like he didn't realy discussed it with Mary like he promised the press :lol:

I have just viewed the video again , how lovely to see such proud and happy parents.

Did Mary say that the little prince reaches out for the little princess when they are in their bed together?

Did Mary say that the little prince reaches out for the little princess when they are in their bed together?
Yes, CPss Mary did say that when they are sleeping then the little prince is seeking for his sister, if he can´t reach her :wub:

Does anyone remember during the broadcast when M&F were speaking to the media and I think Mary put her hand on Frederik's arm as if to push him away? Can anyone tell me what that may have been about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdNAYgO4YfQ

Watch at about 2:30 on the video - was there some miscommunication between M&F about who should be speaking, or was she trying to tell him to be quiet?
If you are refering to 2:30-2:40 then the CPC are explaining about how the twins temperaments are. That he is seeking after her (here is CPss Mary pointing at the little princess). So if it´s that then it´s just because CPss Mary is pointing at the little princess :)

If it´s the point at 9:04 then it´s just after CPss Mary has told the press just how wonderful a help CP Frederik was :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
...Was there some miscommunication between M&F about who should be speaking, or was she trying to tell him to be quiet?

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Seems like Mary felt Fred was talking over her and she wanted to touch him quickly to get him to stop talking. :p

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Seems like Mary felt Fred was talking over her and she wanted to touch him quickly to get him to stop talking. :p
But was the question asked to Frederik or Mary? If the question was asked to Mary, then maybe it was her way of indicating to Frederik that she will answer?:flowers::)

I don't speak Danish and don't know what the question was. However, looking further back in the video, Fred is the first to respond to the reporter, then Mary adds some comments and then it's back and forth between the two of them until Mary puts her hand on Fred's upper arm.

Being a married person, I know what it feels like to be interrupted by my husband, and it's not good. :ROFLMAO:

o.k. Thanks for the clarification.:flowers: Frederik is a good husband...he remained silent and allowed his wife to answer!:lol::ROFLMAO: Good boy!:whistling:

Wouldn't you agree Muhler? LOL! (I so miss teasing you!):p;)

Last edited:
You guys have ignored the facts in favour of your own fanciful explanations.

FasterB has already explained that Mary was demonstrating what her little boy does when he reaches for contact with his sister.

Thanks FasterB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom