Crown Princess Mary and the Twins Leave Hospital: January 14, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystiblue said:
I think her command of the Danish language is pretty near perfect. How she ever learnt it so quickly in the first place is beyond me. I just wonder if Christian and Isabella know both Danish and English. Thanks for the video clips - they were lovely :flowers:

It would be nice if Mary speaks to the kids in English and Fred speaks to them in Danish...that's how most parents who know different languages do it and I hope that's what they're doing cause it makes more sense and makes it much easier IMO.

Last edited:
CP Mary is a very kind person.

She is very much involved in the fight against bullying between children. A lot of schools in Denmark has been benefitting from these initiatives.:flowers:

CP Mary has also initiated help to women suffering from domestic violence. :flowers:

I'm a huge fan of Mary but I must agree both with you Benedikte and the posters who wrote that Mary does "not age well". In my opinion the one has to do with the other. You could read in the interviews Mary gave to Ninka (?) before the wedding that she reflects a lot about her duties and about what she wants to give back for all the Danes have given her. She is very determined, an active person who wants to achieve her aims. But in a position like hers it is impossible to achieve all that seems possble. So I think she is not relaxing enough - especially as her husband (whom I adore) is very good at relaxing - which gives Mary a lot of inner pressure to work for him as well as part of the team. Just my view on things.

I believe that Mary did not relax and recover enough after the birth of the twins, that she tried too much to cope as mother on the one hand and as a Crown Princess receiving guests on the other. I so hope she takes her time now at home to recover and to accept the help of others.

For I wish her all the best which includes that she accepts and understands that the honest wish to do all you can is enough, not the results. For I don't want to see her one day with a burn-out syndrome.

I just wonder if Christian and Isabella know both Danish and English.
IIRC then the CPC has stated that their children are learning both danish and english :)

Last edited:
So I think she is not relaxing enough - especially as her husband (whom I adore) is very good at relaxing - which gives Mary a lot of inner pressure to work for him as well as part of the team. Just my view on things.

I believe that Mary did not relax and recover enough after the birth of the twins, that she tried too much to cope as mother on the one hand and as a Crown Princess receiving guests on the other. I so hope she takes her time now at home to recover and to accept the help of others.

For I wish her all the best which includes that she accepts and understands that the honest wish to do all you can is enough, not the results. For I don't want to see her one day with a burn-out syndrome.
My thoughts exactly, well said.
Her exhaustion showed when she forgo her english, her patience with the reporters was extraordinary,

:)Timidly,I would like to say, that IMHO CP Frederik is looking now even more handsome and characteristically beautiful than before.

Maybe it's the 'new parent glow'? lol Mothers are said to be 'all glowy' during pregnancy. Mary is certainly doing her fair share of glowing in those press photos! She looks great!

Mary dresses nice and she carries herself well, but she is beginning to look like she's hitting her 40s.

I agree with you regarding her clothing and posture. I also agree that CP Mary who will turn 40 this year, is showing her age.
Hopefully she'll enjoy her forties as much as I have enjoyed mine.

I agree with you regarding her clothing and posture. I also agree that CP Mary who will turn 40 this year, is showing her age.
Hopefully she'll enjoy her forties as much as I have enjoyed mine.

She turns 40 next year, i.e. 2012. She was born in 1972.

With newborn twins and 2 older children to look after, no wonder she looks exhausted. And for those who believe she looks like a woman in her late 20's/early 30's need their eyes checked!

:previous: I agree, Mary does look her age. But I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Nothing wrong with being 40 and looking 40 - much better than people who look their age but are desperate to appear younger.

:previous: I agree, Mary does look her age. But I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Nothing wrong with being 40 and looking 40 - much better than people who look their age but are desperate to appear younger.
+1. She is aging gracefully and is confident is showing so. I wished more woman at her age would do the same.

She turns 40 next year, i.e. 2012. She was born in 1972.

With newborn twins and 2 older children to look after, no wonder she looks exhausted. And for those who believe she looks like a woman in her late 20's/early 30's need their eyes checked!

OOPs my mistake. Thank you for the correct year.

How can I translate all that into English ? :)
Well yes, I don't know. Are you up for a crash course in Danish ?;)

Perhaps the pattern will be published in one of the Australian magazines? Or, since it's apparently a Scottish pattern, it could be found on a Scottish website for handicraft.
If only we knew the name of the pattern.
Must make an inquiry to the Danish court and ask!:)

How can I translate all that into English ? :)

I am using Google Chrome as my browser, and it automatically translated the instructions into English - how accurately it translated it I don't know as I'm not up on knitting "lingo" :lol:

Shawl dimensions: 125 x 125 cm Materials: 400 grams thin wool yarn with a yardage of approx. 200 m/50 g Needles No. 4

The central part:
Cast on 3 sts on needle # 4 1. stick - YO and knit right off the stick. Repeat this stick until there are 60 loops on each side of the work. Next post - yo, knit 3 knit together, knit right stick out. Repeat this stick until there again is 3 meters back. Cast off.

Inderborten:
Collect all 60 loops from one side (there are 4 pages in total) up on the stick. Knit each side independently in this way: first stick - yo, 3 r, * (YO, K1) 6 times, 6 r *. Repeat from * to * until 9 sts remain on needle. (YO, K1) 6 times, 3 s second stick - yo, knit right stick out third and fourth stick - as second 5th peg stick - yo, 2 r (2 r tog) 3 times, * (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 6 times *. Repeat from * to * until 14 sts remain on needle, (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 3 times, 2 s 6th - 8 stick - as second stick 9th stick - yo, 3 r, 2 r sm, YO, K1, (k2tog) 2 times, * (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 6 times *. Repeat from * to * until 16 sts, (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 2 times, 1 r, yo, k2tog, 3 r 10th - 12 stick - as second 13th post stick - yo, 3 r, (YO, K1) 2 times, (k2tog) 4 times, * (YO, K1) 6 times, (2r tog) 6 times *. Repeat from * to * until 19 sts, (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 4 times, (YO, K1) 2 times, 3 s 14th - 16 stick - as second 17th post stick - yo, 3 r, (YO, K1) 3 times, (k2tog) 5 times, * (YO 1 s) 6 times, (k2tog) 6 times *. Repeat from * to * until 22 sts, (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 5 times, (YO, K1) 3 times, 3 s 18th - 20 stick - as second peg 21st stick - yo, 3 r, (YO, K1) 4 times, (k2tog) 6 times, * (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 6 times *. Repeat from * to * until they are 7 sts, (YO, K1) 4 times, 3 s 22nd - 24 stick - as second 25th post stick - yo, 3 r, 2 r sm, (YO, K1) 5 times, (k2tog) 6 times, * (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 6 times *. Repeat from * to * until 10 sts, (YO, K1) 5 times, k2tog, 3 r 26 - 28 stick - as second 29th post stick - yo, 3 r, (2 r M) 2 times, * (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 6 times *. Repeat from * to * until 13 sts, (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 2 times, 3 s 30th - 32 stick - as second stick 33rd stick - yo, 3 r, yo, K1, (k2tog) 3 times, * (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 6 times *. Repeat from * to * until 16 sts, (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 3 times, K1, yo, 3 r 34th - 36th stick - as second 37th post stick - yo, 3 r, (YO, K1) 2 times, (k2tog) 4 times, * (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 6 times *. Repeat from * to * until er19 sts, (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 4 times, (YO, K1) 2 times, 3 s 38th - 40th stick - as second peg 41st stick - yo, 3 r, (YO, K1) 3 times, (k2tog) 5 times, * (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 6 times *. Repeat from * to * until 22 sts, (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 5 times, (YO, K1) 3 times, 3 s 42nd - 44 stick - as second 45th post stick - yo, 3 r, (YO, K1) 4 times, (k2tog) 6 times, * (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 6 times *. Repeat from * to * until 7 sts, (YO, K1) 4 times, 3 s 46th - 48th stick - as second 49th post stick - yo, 3 r, 2 r sm, (YO, K1) 5 times, (k2tog) 6 times, * (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 6 times *. Repeat from * to * until 10 sts, (YO, K1) 5 times, k2tog, 3 r 50th - 52 stick - as second stick 53rd stick - yo, 3 r, (2 r M) 2 times, * (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 6 times *. Repeat from * to * until 13 sts, (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 2 times, 3 s 54th - 56th stick - as second 57th post stick - yo, 3 r, yo, K1, (k2tog) 3 times, * (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 6 times *. Repeat from * to * until 16 sts, (YO, K1) 6 times, (k2tog) 3 times, K1, yo, 3 r 58th peg - 59 stick - as second 60th post stick - Worked as a second stick on the first 3 pages of the shawl.

Close NOT - but let m rest to all the inside away sections are knitted. On the fourth and last page K 60th stick in the following way - yo, knit right stick out, yo 17 new stitches in continuation of the stick, turn, 16 r, r 2 tog, turn.

Note: These 17 stitches yderborten knit over! Put the stitches from all 4 sides on one long circular needle. So are you ready to become the outermost away.

Yderborten:
The farthest away tips knit perpendicular inderborten in one continued lace around the entire shawl. Inderbortens free mesh knit with one at a time. After each inner section away you go on to the first free mesh at the next section of inderborten - and starts again. Each peak knit over the following 10 pegs: 1 stick - take 1 st right loosely, 1 r, yo, k2tog, 3 r, 2 r sm, YO, (1 r, yo, K2 tog) 2 times, yo 2 2nd r. peg - 15 r, yo, (k2tog) 2 times, turn

NOTE: In all even rows knit the last two right together one stitch from yderborten + one mask from inderborten! In this way the outer knit lace onto the carpet.

3. stick - take 1 st right loosely, 1 r, yo, k2tog, K2, k2tog, yo, 3 r, yo, k2tog, K1, yo, k2tog, turn about 2 r. 4th peg - 16 r, yo, (k2tog) 2 times, turn. 5. stick - take 1 st right loosely, 1 r, yo, k2tog, k1, k2tog, yo, 5 r, yo, k2tog, K1, yo, k2tog, turn about 2 r. 6th peg - 17 r, yo, (k2tog) 2 times, turn. 7. stick - take 1 st right loosely, 1 r, yo, k2tog, 3 r, yo, k2tog, K1, K2 tog, YO, K4, yo, k2tog, turn about 2 s 8th peg - 18 r, yo, (k2tog) 2 times, turn ninth stick - take 1 st right loosely, 1 r, yo, k2tog, K4, YO, slip 1 st loosely, k2tog, pass slipped sts over, yo, 6 r, yo, k2tog, yo, 2 r 10th stick - shut 5 sts loosely, knit 13 r, yo, (k2tog) twice, there are again 17 stitches on the needle - and the first peak is now complete. Moving on to the next. After 35 points (the last on every away section) ends 10th stick this way: Close 5 sts loosely, knit 13 r, yo, k2tog, 3 r sm. After the last section closed off all sts loosely and then sewn together with the advertised m at yderbortens beginning. The 4 corner cracks in inderborten sewn together with loose stitches witch.

Rinse the final wrap up in warm water and roll it tightly in a dry towel. Tighten it up on a mattress or the like with pins, so the shape is square. Let it dry. Ops

The recipe has been translated and adapted by Marianne Knorborg.

If anyone who understand Danish is able to tidy it up a little there are quite a few words that Google wouldn't translate.

Good thinking JewelintheCrown :)
Mystiblue, if you try out this pattern, you have to show a picture of the result in this thread!

I'm a knitter of many years UserDane ;) - it looks to me like Princess Mary may have had another shawl knitted in the same pattern for baby no. 2.

I do note the pattern refers to knitting needles as "sticks" - haha

I do note the pattern refers to knitting needles as "sticks" - haha
That´s because the translation is making a literally translation. In danish they are called "strikkepinde" = "knittingsticks" :flowers:

Last edited:
Anyone to give me a quick course of knitting by the end of the week? :D
I am kinda outdated and this topic is so huge (so is the other one), have the names of twins been already published or not? If not, when it is expected to be told?

Anyone to give me a quick course of knitting by the end of the week? :D
I am kinda outdated and this topic is so huge (so is the other one), have the names of twins been already published or not? If not, when it is expected to be told?
No, the names haven´t been released. We will hear them at the christening in about 2-3 months :flowers:

Did we ever get a transcript of the twins' introduction to the press? Sorry if I missed it; I think I looked through both threads.

Thanks for that. Had a giggle at the bottom thou - it's a pattern not a recipe lol :)
Just found the link for the shawl - I'm +ve it is the same shawl.
Markno

I think she's selling a kit and does any one have just the pattern in English? It's way too expensive the shipping that I could buy the kit.

Article from BB Billedbladet:

Editor Annemette Krakau is captivated by the Crown Princess, and so is Fred.:

" "The radiance you have shone clearly for me from our first meeting. Since then I have been blinded and addicted. "

"You give me security, joy and happiness. I love you, Mary. Come let us go, come let's see - through a thousand worlds, weightless love awaits. "

Can you remember the above quotes? I downloaded them from Crown Prince Frederik's speech to his bride, Mary, 14 May 2004 and I came to think of them when I saw the royal couple stand side by side in the National Hospital foyer on Friday because Crown Prince Frederik is still as in love as then.

There can be no doubt that he has become dependent on his wife's magical aura, but Mary's soul, her wonderful mind and calm way of dealing with the outside world, it is absolutely essential and has also clearly influenced the Crown Prince Frederik. He looks simply like a happy husband and father. A man who is filled with confidence and ready for whatever the future might bring. Prepared by a happy homefront with wife and now four children.

As the royal couple presented their newborn twins for the whole world it happended with style and dignity, but above all, genuine emotions that the new parents could not control at all. It was so sweet and liberating, and Mary's bright eyes, loving words of Fred and mother love - also the two large, Isabella and Christian home in the castle - was impossibly to resist.

Mary is truly a little magical. The whole world loves her. It is good that the Crown Prince became addicted!"

Well said Benedikte. Even the Queen has said that Frederik has grown more confident after his marriage. He looks like a happy contented man. It makes a difference in a marriage when one can rely completely on the other to back them up no matter what. This gives confidence to a person who may not be used to relying on another.

Well said Benedikte. Even the Queen has said that Frederik has grown more confident after his marriage. He looks like a happy contented man. It makes a difference in a marriage when one can rely completely on the other to back them up no matter what. This gives confidence to a person who may not be used to relying on another.

Thanks. And I do agree.:flowers:

I must add that it is a translation of an article from BB Billedbladet, written by Editor Annemette Krakau saying she is captivated by the Crown Princess.

But so am I:flowers:

It's nice to see that Mary could leave the twins for awhile and spend time with Isabella. (Speaking from experience I found myself looking for opportunities to get out of the house after my second child was born. ;) Sometimes mothers of newborns need a change of scenery.)

Is there a transcript available yet? From their interview at the hospital?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom