Crown Princess Mary and The Mary Foundation : 2007 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissSaga

Courtier
City
Manhattan
Country
United States
HRH The Crown Princess of Denmark establishes The Mary Foundation

Press release
Following a period of lengthy preparation, HRH Crown Princess Mary presented the underlying ideals and organisational structure of ‘The Mary Foundation – HRH Crown Princess Mary’s Foundation’ – or also known as the Mary Foundation[...]
TRH The Crown Prince Couple - HRH The Crown Princess of Denmark establishes The Mary Foundation

The Cpss Mary foundation site

Crown princess Mary establishes her new fund.

http://i18.tinypic.com/4koclmh.jpg

http://i11.tinypic.com/4zxf2gp.jpg
Source:polfoto
:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
It´s a great objetive, and a very good idea to establish her Fundation, not only for her also for the numbers of people that are waiting for any kind of help.
Happy work for the MARY FUNDATION, all the best.

I think this foundation is a wonderful idea, really, it is so great ! :flowers:

I like the name of the foundation, "The Mary Foundation" she could have wanted to make sure her princess title was in the main part of the title. I like that she didn't do that!

Last edited:
how cool, what a wonderful goal and a chance to make a difference. very proud for her. she looked so pretty in that dress, i know i've seen it before was it before the wedding or australian trip?

A fabulous idea and best wishes for the foundation. She looks lovely in the dress she wore in Australia in '05.

Stellad

I like the name of the foundation, "The Mary Foundation" she could have wanted to make sure her princess title was in the main part of the title. I like that she didn't do that!
I like the simplicity of the name as well. It shows her individuality and independent nature. The mission of the foundation is a powerful one, and it fits very nicely with some of the work she has undertaken already. I hope she does outreach beyond Danemark. Tolerence, social and economic development are really fundamental to the world we live in today. Congratulations, Mary!

Thanks for the news, MissSaga:flowers:

I find it very curious and almost egoistic to establish a foundation named after only her, not her and her husband. Without her husband, who would have known Mary Donaldson? Most couples would have a foundation together such as Melinda and Bill Gates Foundation. Most royals either have a foundation named after the couple or the title of the born royal. Not even Diana had a foundation named after only her. Did any other royal consort have foundation named after only the consort?

Mary is completely overshadowing Fred in a way I've not seen among other royal couples. It's almost like she's the future monarch and he's the consort. They've only married for three years. I wonder how this will play out in the next 10 or 20 years.

I am sure that if Queen Margrethe and her court shared your opinion, things would be different. It's quite obvious that they do not.
Moreover, lots of royals have foundations/funds named after themselves and not them and their spouses. People like CP Frederik, Prince Laurent, and Princess Mathilde instantly came to mind. The latter of whom set up her own organization after one year of being married.:cool:

i think that it's a great idea that mary has a foundations of her own because frederik has alradey the "The Crow Prince Foundation" that provides financial support to:
  • Scientific expeditions, particularly to foreign parts of the world, including Greenland and the Faeroe Islands
  • Sports purposes, including those with a particularly social aspect
and the two of them together have the Kronprinsparrets Kulturpris in wich if i-m not wrong they provide financial help for artist and charities

TRH The Crown Prince Couple - The Crown Prince's Foundation

Well obviously, Queen Margrethe does not have a problem with it and sees no harm in it. She is very knowledgeable and experienced with royal life and what to do and what not to do. If Margrethe has no problem with it, then I dont as she is experienced at this.

Mary is completely overshadowing Fred in a way I've not seen among other royal couples. It's almost like she's the future monarch and he's the consort.

I had similar thoughts only the other day, at least, more specifically, that there are more pictures taken of Mary at egagements and such. I was wondereing if our Danish members could add to these thoughts? Is this a true reflection of the situation? How do Danes feel about it?

To be honest, I almost feel the same about Maxima and WA.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it very curious and almost egoistic to establish a foundation named after only her, not her and her husband. Without her husband, who would have known Mary Donaldson? Most couples would have a foundation together such as Melinda and Bill Gates Foundation. Most royals either have a foundation named after the couple or the title of the born royal. Not even Diana had a foundation named after only her. Did any other royal consort have foundation named after only the consort?

Mary is completely overshadowing Fred in a way I've not seen among other royal couples. It's almost like she's the future monarch and he's the consort. They've only married for three years. I wonder how this will play out in the next 10 or 20 years.

You note that Mary's title and status is derived from her husband, so trying to view it from your somewhat cynical perspective, it is interesting that the foundation will be known quite simply as the Mary Foundation, and not trade on her title. at some point she needs to just become her title - regardless of how she got there she is the Crown Princess now. her name now (with or without the title) does have wide recognition - in denmark and beyond as this Board is testament to. why try and take away from that?

I am pretty sure Princess Grace of Monaco had all sorts of interests that were promoted in her name.

as for the 3 years of marriage, research now shows (in australia at least) that most couples divorce after 12 years. at what point exactly do you say a marriage is successful and as likely as any other strong marriage to survive?

You note that Mary's title and status is derived from her husband, so trying to view it from your somewhat cynical perspective, it is interesting that the foundation will be known quite simply as the Mary Foundation, and not trade on her title. at some point she needs to just become her title - regardless of how she got there she is the Crown Princess now. her name now (with or without the title) does have wide recognition - in denmark and beyond as this Board is testament to. why try and take away from that?

I am pretty sure Princess Grace of Monaco had all sorts of interests that were promoted in her name.

as for the 3 years of marriage, research now shows (in australia at least) that most couples divorce after 12 years. at what point exactly do you say a marriage is successful and as likely as any other strong marriage to survive?

You completely missed my points. One, I didn't question why her title isn't on there. I'm questioning why Fred's name isn't on the foundation title. Mary has name recognition among Danes and Aussies because of her marriage (BTW, this board has a very small audience in the big scheme of things.) Without Fred, no one would have known her. And it could be argued that it's more egoistic to have only her name on the foundation. As if everyone should know who the heck Mary is. (Most people outside of Denmark and Australia would think it's the Virgin Mary.) Princess Grace was a well known actress. She was much better known than her husband before marriage. BTW, she overshadowed her husband completely and that marriage wasn't the fairy tale it seemed.

Last, I didn't question whether their marriage will survive. I only wonder how her dominance so young into their marriage will do to their marriage. We all know how Diana-Charles' marriage turned out. Grace's marriage wasn't that happy in the later years.

I guess the whole point of the Mary Foundation is that she is doing good for others, isn't that what is important?? :ermm:

The foundation is the Mary foundation not the Frederik and Mary foundation, so Frederiks name doesn't need to be on it.

You completely missed my points. One, I didn't question why her title isn't on there. I'm questioning why Fred's name isn't on the foundation title.

And it could be argued that it's more egoistic to have only her name on the foundation. quote]

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this day and age meant to be all about women's independence and all that? She doesn't have to do something only cos Frederik is involved, I am sure Mary is independant enough to do some ventures on her own. Which is what she is displaying here with this Mary Foundation

If my beautiful girlfriend wanted to do some venture, i would not want her to have to put my name on it, If i did ask her she would simply say to me "I am woman, hear me roar, i am strong, i am invinsible, i am WOMAN!" lol

Last edited:
You completely missed my points. One, I didn't question why her title isn't on there. I'm questioning why Fred's name isn't on the foundation title. Mary has name recognition among Danes and Aussies because of her marriage (BTW, this board has a very small audience in the big scheme of things.) Without Fred, no one would have known her. And it could be argued that it's more egoistic to have only her name on the foundation. As if everyone should know who the heck Mary is. (Most people outside of Denmark and Australia would think it's the Virgin Mary.) Princess Grace was a well known actress. She was much better known than her husband before marriage. BTW, she overshadowed her husband completely and that marriage wasn't the fairy tale it seemed.

Last, I didn't question whether their marriage will survive. I only wonder how her dominance so young into their marriage will do to their marriage. We all know how Diana-Charles' marriage turned out. Grace's marriage wasn't that happy in the later years.
I get your point Highpriestess and I agree on that. However, as Maxima had once said to Letizia (sorry for bringing up this name in a Mary thread) when the latter asked for advice, the former said "It's different for every royal house" kind of "Different strokes for every folkes". Sure there had been no Diana Foundation in 1984 or Mette-Marit Foundation, but maybe Denmark now is trying new things - kind of bringing in new ideas for the modern monarchy. If the Danes are content and happy with it, then so be it, there's no need to conform to other royal houses' tradition. But then again, yes I do get your points Highpriestess.

Last edited:
Maybe the fact that most of the public attention is on Mary is a good thing? She can take on the majority of the public side of the role, while Fred is working behind the scenes, learning & perfecting that which he will need to know as King. It could be a good partnership. Mary is well suited to the cameras and draws attention to the causes she supports.

I'm not saying this is my opinion - its just another way of looking at things - taking the "Pollyanna" route, if you will.

Just going back to the grey outfit, i really like it. Her hair is approppriate for the occasion and grey is positively huge here at the moment, also it dosen't cut the body in half and gives a more streamlined, sleek look. a different colour shirt would chop it up and the addition of pretty jewellery is lovely. One of my favourite, slightly more casual outfits.

I'm questioning why Fred's name isn't on the foundation title.
Do you seriously believe that Frederik's name was not included if he or the queen had wanted it there? I think some posters exaggerate the powers of the CPss in Denmark!:cool: and as other posters have already pointed out, Frederik already has a foundation in his name. This Mary foundation aptly reflects the areas and patronages which Mary is now involved in. I fail to see anything egoistic in that.

Mary has name recognition among Danes and Aussies because of her marriage (BTW, this board has a very small audience in the big scheme of things.) Without Fred, no one would have known her. And it could be argued that it's more egoistic to have only her name on the foundation. As if everyone should know who the heck Mary is. (Most people outside of Denmark and Australia would think it's the Virgin Mary.)
What makes you think that this foundation has an international outlook? Until further notice - and until it has worked for at least some years - I expect it to carry out it's activities in Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Isles. So you needn't worry about the her being unknown for the targeted areas - she is very well-known I am happy to assure you :rolleyes:

I think Mary cacht all the attentions, in a positive way! Everything she does is capture by photographers so everything she commited to has a high publicity and that is all that matters! Mucht more publicity than Frederick has now!!And if you are starting a foundation that one of the main objective is to collect it is very important that those who are collecting that money are very influent persons like Mary is!!!!!

I think Mary cacht all the attentions, in a positive way! Everything she does is capture by photographers so everything she commited to has a high publicity and that is all that matters! Mucht more publicity than Frederick has now!!And if you are starting a foundation that one of the main objective is to collect it is very important that those who are collecting that money are very influent persons like Mary is!!!!!
I agree- but it would be nicer to tag along Fred's name with it so both of them gets the publicity :flowers: But as I've said above, this is something new for the Danish monarchy- maybe they are promoting the "independent women" concept to make the image of the monarchy more modern?

but it would be nicer to tag along Fred's name with it so both of them gets the publicity

But to ascribe Frederik's name to something he is not partisan to, would make very little sense.

I guess the whole point of the Mary Foundation is that she is doing good for others, isn't that what is important?? :ermm:
One would think... Seeing the larger picture is somehow unthinkable. The key word is TOLERANCE... TOLERANCE... TOLERANCE...

I agree- but it would be nicer to tag along Fred's name with it so both of them gets the publicity :flowers:

Frederik already has 2 organizations to get his own publicity, "The Crown Prince Frederik fund" and the "His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik Foundation". In addition there is the added publicity from "The Crown Princely Couple Culture Prize". It's commendable that the Danish royal house (like the Belgians) feels comfortable with letting the consort have her own foundation. It goes to show they don't have this archaic view of a consort simply being an accessory to her husband.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom