Crown Princess Mary and the Danish Home Guard: 2008 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GömdNatt

Serene Highness
City
Cincinnati
Country
United States
January 18, 2008

Mary takes part in basic training at the Danish Home Guard.

PPE Agency

This looks so cool! Mary looks like she's really interested and into it. Caroline...I'm not so sure, but I think it's great that they're both doing this.

Pics 18.1.2008

Danish Crownprincess Mary has started the basic education
with Danish National guards at Christianminde Laegerpris
Danmark Jan 18/2008:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

is it really usaful for a crownprincess to do this kind of stuff??? It so strange to see her on these pics!!!

is it really usaful for a crownprincess to do this kind of stuff???

The mouth-to-mouth procedure yes. Being a mother, she needs to know that. As for handling the guns...I'd rather not comment on that.

I'm glad she's doing this. Is she going to be getting some kind of rank in the army?

This is a very different event for Mary & a great change to see her in army outfit etc. Mary still manages to look lovely. Thanks for the pictures everyone.

in the US the military gives orientations to spouses so they can experience what their partner is going through. perhaps this is the same type of thing, i think it's wonderful she's showing an interest in the military, as the Danish military is very respected (i know this for a fact from a cousin in the marines, he has very high praise for their professionalism and courage,) around the world. I think it shows her interest in all things that effect her countrymen, and i admire her hands on approach. only mary could look glamorous in that uniform, as usual she pulls it off ;)

No. She's not in the military.

Well she is becuse the Danish Home Guard is a very big part of the military her in Denmark. I am prude to se a new member of the same home guard i am a member in. ;) Perhaps she can be a officer like her mother and farther in-law her husband and brother in-law.

Why Caroline was there?And why do they need to do this kind of trainning?

I really do like see these pictures. I think that it is good to see her doing some military training. I remember seeing Diana doing some training with a gun one time. Will mary not get some type of rank in the military being CP/

The pictures are really cool! ;)
I remember seeing then Crown Princess Sonja of Norway taking part in such military events, too.
So I would call it "okay".
It shows another side of Mary. ;)

I really do like see these pictures. I think that it is good to see her doing some military training. I remember seeing Diana doing some training with a gun one time. Will mary not get some type of rank in the military being CP/

I think that she will get a rank when she become Queen..just like Princeconsort Henrik when Queen Margrethe became Queen in 1972.

These are very interesting pictures! It is great that she is taking part in this training (even though I do agree that the gun photos are a bit strange). I can understand why she wants to do this.

The pics were taken today?

Well she is becuse the Danish Home Guard is a very big part of the military her in Denmark. I am prude to se a new member of the same home guard i am a member in. ;) Perhaps she can be a officer like her mother and farther in-law her husband and brother in-law.

i found this very interesting, could you please explain a bit more? Do all Danes participate or only those that volunteer? do you train very often and to what extent? how exciting to be a member of the same home guard, you have reason to be very proud. :flowers:

So Mary is in the military now? I was never aware of that. Since when?

Imust say it is a kind of a shock to her in this pics, speacially holding a weaphon, it is normally for CPs in europe to learn this???, I am sure it might be difficult for her, if she has to do it as a duty, but doesn't mean necesarrilly that she like it!

i find it extremely strange to see her doing this. what's the purpose? did alexandra also do it? does mary have any sort of militar position? is it a one-off sort of thing, or is it supposed to happen over some time?

I saw pictures of Crown Princess Victoria dressed in army clothes, too.
Edit:
Here is a pic:
Girls With Guns: News - Sweden's Princess Victoria Shows Off Combat Skills

Victoria will be the monarch, and the head of the millitary (Swedish posters are welcome to correct me if I'm mistaken). She's getting millitary training just as other male heirs are.

Mary is the consort. It's strage indeed to see her do this. Denmark doesn't have a mandatory millitary training for all men and women, does it? I couldn't help but think she's trying to imitate Diana for the photo ops.

I know that there will be photos of the Crownprincess wherever she goes, but the women I know in law enforcemnt or the military don't usually wear make-up during their training. Do Danish women in the military or similar train with make-up on? I really would like to know.

Was Caroline Heering doing it with her? The other woman in the picture where she's learning "drills" or something of that sort looks very much like Caroline.

yes it is caroline, she doesn't look exactly thrilled to be there imo

Since Caroline is Mary's lady-in-waiting/private secretary (o.k.- I'll admit it- I have no clue what that woman does anymore, since it said Mary got a new l.ow?), was she supposed to be there? Or did she do it just because she's Mary's friend and wanted to support her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom