Crown Princess Mary and the Danish Home Guard: 2008 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im curious which article they have used to translate that Mary is going to do this? Yes people who do the full home guard training do the C-chamber and Antrophin exercise, but an article in BT said she was not going to the full training, the full trianing is 256 hours, so far Mary has done an intensive course of 27 hours, and is going to report once more (it is not decided when)

If corurse she might to it but have not seen any article saying she has done it or will do it as part of her intensive course.

It was part of what DRWBS wrote about the event, here's a link

It was part of what DRWBS wrote about the event, here's a link
Yes thank you, but Im really wondering where they got it from:flowers:
I think it is a good initiative (and not a copying diana or anything like that) and personally dont care if she is attending 27 or 256 or 1000 hours, its the signal effect that is important, just wondering where they have the information from. D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - H.K.H. Kronprinsessen uddannes i Hjemmeværnet

The press release mentions what she was going to do and says nothing about tear gas and similar unless they include it in the part that is called "redning" - rescue or physical education??

BTW the homeguard already has 7500 women out of a member group of 50 000, not a bad prosentage IMO

BTW2 may I add that the pearl earrings worn by Mary and Caroline match wonderfully with their uniforms:angel:

Last edited:
BTW2 may I add that the pearl earrings worn by Mary and Caroline match wonderfully with their uniforms:angel:

It's nice to see Caroline going through this with Mary. It seems like they are really close. Mary's lucky to have such a loyal friend.

Yes thank you, but Im really wondering where they got it from:flowers:
I think it is a good initiative (and not a copying diana or anything like that) and personally dont care if she is attending 27 or 256 or 1000 hours, its the signal effect that is important, just wondering where they have the information from. D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - H.K.H. Kronprinsessen uddannes i Hjemmeværnet

The press release mentions what she was going to do and says nothing about tear gas and similar unless they include it in the part that is called "redning" - rescue or physical education??

DRWBS usually gets its information like this (not from articles, etc) from Danish members of the CPMMB. Maybe they just assumed that the tear gas part of the course will be included. And if the press release doesn't say anything about tear gas but mentions what she was going to do, I would be surprised if Mary did the gas chambers :)

It would be pretty cool if she did the gas chamber, and if she does, I hope she passes on her first try.

I don't think it's pass or fail. I think she just must experience it to know what it is like. Police in America who carry mace or taser guns must have them used against them to know what they feel like too. Personally, I wouldn't want to do it. I wish her luck if she does.

I like the fact that she does such a training although I would really like to know the purpose. On the other hand it's very clear that Mary & military training don't really fit and she set up herself up for some jokes & critics. I mean military training is about taking part in some tough excercises and having mud on the face, and not make up :D (see Vicky of Sweden).

I like the fact that she does such a training although I would really like to know the purpose. On the other hand it's very clear that Mary & military training don't really fit and she set up herself up for some jokes & critics. I mean military training is about taking part in some tough excercises and having mud on the face, and not make up :D (see Vicky of Sweden).

I see it as a continuation of the tradition established by her MIL and Frederik's aunt Princess Benedicte who both have had similar or probably more extensive training (they grew up in Denmark and did it when they wre younger than Mary as far as I know) within the home guard. I would suppose that she will get plenty of opportunity to roll in mud :D later on. I see the purpose of any royal doing military or home guard training as part of a wish - or requirement - to be generally acquainted with all aspects of the society they function in.

I also believe she wanted to do this to get an insight in how the Danish military (home guards and other) really works in the practical part. As Crown Princess she has to have quite a good idea of how all parts of the Danish society, including the defense. So why not? She's an atlethic woman and probably would enjoy the drills they do (with or without a gun).

It also seems that if she is going to represent the people, then she needs to really know what life is like for her people. As Kiki said, this includes all aspects of life. I salute her for getting hands-on knowledge of the military. I have a history degree, and have studied many aspects of the American military, but I have never served in it, so I really don't know what it is like. One can study something in depth, but it is hard to know what something is truly like until they experience it first-hand. I hope that this experience is positive for Mary.:flowers:

It also seems that if she is going to represent the people, then she needs to really know what life is like for her people. As Kiki said, this includes all aspects of life. I salute her for getting hands-on knowledge of the military. I have a history degree, and have studied many aspects of the American military, but I have never served in it, so I really don't know what it is like. One can study something in depth, but it is hard to know what something is truly like until they experience it first-hand. I hope that this experience is positive for Mary.:flowers:

Mary seems like the kind of person to really want to learn and experience things. She's not afraid to take risks and try new things. She was very brave moving to Denmark and marrying Fred, and she's showing her commitment to Denmark and her position by learning as much as she can. Some women would have balked at the idea of experiencing military service, but Mary is right up there with them, doing the full gamut. I applaud her.

At first I was quite startled when I read this news and etc but for now I think that it's very good and normal. Mary is CP but she needs to get know about first aid, something about Danish military matters because there is never enough education :). At some photos Mary face was quite strange but there were weaponry but I think this need just some accustom. I think it's very good example about that CP must expand her horizon in every possible way.

Mary's undergoing military training is one thing, particularly if it's normal practice in the DRF and I, certainly, approve of women in the armed forces. However, I cannot hide my dismay at seeing her holding a high-powered rifle which, to me, is a disturbing image.

But perhaps this is because I live in a country where the prevalence of much of the world's gun-culture is held in abhorrence. It is a given that any person trained in the military will learn to use a weapon, but I question the necessity of picturing the Crown Princess wielding one.

Does she live with other troops in the standard military lodgings, or is she staying at home or in a hotel while she is training? I wonder if she is going for the complete experience or if she is just taking part in drills during the day?

Probably just taking drills in the day, and back home to Fred and the kids when the drills are over. She still has duties, no?

Probably just taking drills in the day, and back home to Fred and the kids when the drills are over. She still has duties, no?

Good point. I wasn't sure if she was taking a full week or more to study these drills, or if this was a one or two-day thing she was doing.

I see it as a continuation of the tradition established by her MIL and Frederik's aunt Princess Benedicte who both have had similar or probably more extensive training (they grew up in Denmark and did it when they wre younger than Mary as far as I know) within the home guard. I would suppose that she will get plenty of opportunity to roll in mud :D later on. I see the purpose of any royal doing military or home guard training as part of a wish - or requirement - to be generally acquainted with all aspects of the society they function in.

Thanks UserDane :flowers: I hope we'll see these pictures too :lol:
However, I like the fact that there is something like this on her agenda!

Thanks UserDane :flowers: I hope we'll see these pictures too :lol:
However, I like the fact that there is something like this on her agenda!
So do I :) - not that I am particularly pro-military but somehow I see it fitting that female consorts do this as well as the royal males.
And I am sure that if Mary is going to squirm her way through a big puddle of mud, BilledBladet will be 1 meter behind her, camera ready ;)

:lol::lol:
Not only BB. Since Se&Hoer seems to feel the necessity to report every time Mary goes to the toilette, I'm sure they will be there as well, camera ready.

i found this very interesting, could you please explain a bit more? Do all Danes participate or only those that volunteer? do you train very often and to what extent? how exciting to be a member of the same home guard, you have reason to be very proud. :flowers:

All Danes can participate the Home Guard when they becom 18 but not if they have a crimehistory (murding other and other stuff). I am in the medic department (i am not a doctor or nurse) we very often traine oure skills in my groupe/company. I don´t like wepons and therfor i try to help healing insted of shooting a person(i have never shot a person and will never ever do that).

I think that the money spent on the royals is worth it! I am wanting to visit Denmark because of Mary and the royal family. I am sure that alot of people do the same. Some people that would not have travled to Denmark go because of the RF. I also think that the Home Guard training is wonderful. Why do people get so upset. She will be Queen one day and she should not about these types of things. Good job Mary!

I think that the money spent on the royals is worth it! I am wanting to visit Denmark because of Mary and the royal family. I am sure that alot of people do the same. Some people that would not have travled to Denmark go because of the RF. I also think that the Home Guard training is wonderful. Why do people get so upset. She will be Queen one day and she should not about these types of things. Good job Mary!

True! I hope to visit Denmark one day to see Princess Mary and the rest of the royal family. That's a dream I have because I like them a lot.

11-03-2008 Basic Crown Princess Mary has finished her basic training in the Danish Home Guard 'Hjemmevaernet'

PPE Agency

Who ever expected to see the Princess like this? It was definitely very surprising to see Mary doing the military training. It's hard to realise her in this picture.
;)

Oh HM - that pic is priceless! Much like the one of Victoria covered in mud :lol:

Wow, those photos are huge. Poor Caroline, she looks absolutely miserable.

Thanks for the bigger photos Amely.:flowers:

Wow. It is so wierd to see Mary covered in camoflauge makeup. Thank you for posting these photos.

Given the context, I suppose that I'm foolish, but I'm not to keen on seeing CP Mary with such an evil-looking gun. I suppose, again, that it's par for the course, given the training which she's undertaken.

My children's comments were apposite: 'we make women strong, in Australia!'.

Well done, CP Mary. I understand, too, that The Queen has had some military training and holds office?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom