Crown Princely Couple's Official Visit to Bulgaria: September 15-17, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danish Crown Princess Mary looks on ceramics during her visit in an Art school some 160 km from Sofia, Bulgaria 17 September 2008.

Picture
Its the jacket she wore from the visit to Aussie before Isabella's birth isnt it?

Well, the agencies can't be influenced but this official visit looks much more toned down, maybe a result of the "overdose" you mention sneeuwklokje. Mary is very much in the background, walks consort-like five steps behind Fred, no eye-catching outfit what puts the emphasis much more on Fred than usual. Maybe the agencies find that boring and therefore there are less pictures. Looks like somebody learned a lesson or was keen that the CP couple was seen again associated with business and duty after the whole media tormoil in Beijing and Australia. Looks like finally somebody put his or her foot on the breaks of the Mary PR express.

Where do you come up with these things:bang:

Where do you come up with these things:bang:

Publicitywise that whole Tasmania/Australia trip was a bit over the top, to say the least. Remember pictures of every step they took (and Mary certainly did nothing to avoid the camera's), the Huggie trip, etc. etc. So it's not hard to "come up with those things". This visit is way more toned down and so it should be. She's a princess, not a popstar.

Danish Royal Watchers: Mary & Frederik in Bulgaria

For what its worth, at the end of their blog (above link) they write:
More to come... info is usually slower to come through on this kind of low key diplomatic visit

------

Thanks ayvee.

Gallery of six photos from Billed-Bladet, at bottom of page:
Billed-Bladet - Mary og Frederik: Tre dage i Bulgarien

There is one photo from the official dinner. Princess Mary's dress is similar (if not the same but shortened in length) to the one she wore on the cover of Australian Vogue by Hugo Boss.

Thanks for the extra photos ayvee. It does seem to be a low key visit. But good to see them out promoting Denmark and building relations again. My opinion on the comparison of this trip and their trip to Australia, ( and this may not be the place to say it ) is that the press and all of us for that matter, are always going to be more interested and intense when Mary and the family go back to Australia. It is a good photo op for their private downtime, whether we agree or not. And they always seem to be a lot more relaxed too.

Publicitywise that whole Tasmania/Australia trip was a bit over the top, to say the least. Remember pictures of every step they took (and Mary certainly did nothing to avoid the camera's), the Huggie trip, etc. etc. So it's not hard to "come up with those things". This visit is way more toned down and so it should be. She's a princess, not a popstar.

How is she supposed to avoid cameras when they come up and knock on the door for her, or they are parked outside her sister's house. Is she not allowed to take her children to a park without them following her around like vultures. It is not all her fault. The press stalks her just like they did Diana.

Gallery of six photos from Billed-Bladet, at bottom of page:
Billed-Bladet - Mary og Frederik: Tre dage i Bulgarien

There is one photo from the official dinner. Princess Mary's dress is similar (if not the same but shortened in length) to the one she wore on the cover of Australian Vogue by Hugo Boss.

In this (the last) picture, I'm glad CP Mary was wearing flats (just look at the ground!)- do you think it likely that she was advised to?

In this (the last) picture, I'm glad CP Mary was wearing flats (just look at the ground!)- do you think it likely that she was advised to?

most likely so! royals have protocol assistants who handle these sorts of 'inconveniences'. if it was a walking tour and was supposed to take long, it's likely she was advised in order to wear appropriate gear.

She is so lucky. I wish that I had a protocol assistant to guide me through my vacations!

I love the look with the red and then the navy jacket and I am certain Country Road will too.

Princess Mary looks absolutely beautyful in this Official Visit.

Thank you for the link, although, IMO they only look contemplative in the last two photos.

Well, the agencies can't be influenced but this official visit looks much more toned down, maybe a result of the "overdose" you mention sneeuwklokje. Mary is very much in the background, walks consort-like five steps behind Fred, no eye-catching outfit what puts the emphasis much more on Fred than usual. Maybe the agencies find that boring and therefore there are less pictures. Looks like somebody learned a lesson or was keen that the CP couple was seen again associated with business and duty after the whole media tormoil in Beijing and Australia. Looks like finally somebody put his or her foot on the breaks of the Mary PR express.
To be fair any visit to Australia is going to focus on her as it is her nation of birth and though the media made a big deal out of several of her clothing items I cant really recall a jaw dropping outfit on her down under. Must admit I dont follow fashion all that much so please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.:flowers: Also this is a state visit and as such protocol will be followed more I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom