Crown Prince Frederik's Patronages and Charities: 2003 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thats one patronage i never thought he would take on. :flowers:

What a strange patronage! I thought that there was protocols for deciding what patronages are taken on. Some might see wrestling as distasteful......

Why should a wrestling patronage be seen as strange?
No one objects to a royal patronage for e.g. a swimming union.

Right you are UserDane.
We are talking about Frederik supporting youth wrestling camps not the despicable conduct seen on RAW on US TV. :)

Crown Prince Frederik as Patron of the General Assembly

Prince Frederik of Denmark has acepted to be the patron of the General Assembly 2010.
It will take place in Nuuk, Greenland sometime in the summer of 2010.
The assembly takes place every 4-years

Source

This is wonderful, it gives hima greater connection to Greenland. :)

Crown Prince Frederik as Patron of the Danish Deaf Association

Crown Prince Frederik is Patron of the Danish Deaf Associationhttp://www.kronprinsparret.dk/1140029:

The Danish Deaf Association is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation working for the benefit of the approximately 4.000 Danish deaf people who are using Sign Language. The objective is for deaf people to obtain the same rights and entitlements as any other citizen. The Danish Deaf Association is consulted regarding all aspects of the social conditions for the deaf and disabled. Through political lobbying in The Danish Council of Organisations of Disabled People (DSI) and The Danish Disability Council, the organisation speaks to politicians in order to influence them to provide the deaf with acceptable services. The Danish Deaf Association also works with international organisations for deaf people.
**​

Yesterday, September 8, Crown Prince Frederik handed out a prize for the Danish Deaf Association at Amalienborg Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

Crown Prince Frederik as Patron has handed out the Danish Design Prize
at the Danish Design Center in Copenhagen, October 7, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Crown Prince Frederik as Patron has handed out the Danish Design Prize at the Danish Design Center in Copenhagen, October 7, 2010.

Here is an article with a picture gallery (click on the picture to get to the gallery).

There are a few more pictures on Polfoto.dk by photographer Jens Dige.

Last edited:
Crown Prince Frederik as Patron of the Greenlandic Christmas-Seal Foundation

Crown Prince Frederik is Patron of Juullip Nipitittagaa/the Greenlandic Christmas-Seal Foundation.

Every year, Juullip Nipitittagaa / The Greenlandic Christmas-Seal Foundation publishes the Greenlandic Christmas-seal in Greenland and Denmark. The first seal was released in 1974. The profit from the sale is used to support Greenlandic cultural purposes and/or to sponsor Greenlandic art and crafts.

In connection with the annual presentation of the seal for the public, a special Christmas-seal price is donated to a selected artist or group of artists.

The Greenlandic Christmas-Seal Foundation is based in Nuuk - the capital of Greenland – and is assisted by a supporting committee in Denmark.

source kronprinsparret.dk

Today, October 28, Crown Prince Frederik attended this year's presentation at the Greenland house in Copenhagen.

** sn.dk Kronprins afslørede julemærket ** sn.dk gallery ** knr.gl: Kronprins Frederik afslører julemærke **

Hmm, I would have thought Mary would have got this patronage.
Congrats anyway.

But Mary has The Christmas Seal as a patronage?
And wouldn't it be better for Mary to have a patronage in Greenland?

But Mary has The Christmas Seal as a patronage?
And wouldn't it be better for Mary to have a patronage in Greenland?

The surplus from the sale of Danish and the Greenlandic Christmas seals doesn't cover the same areas. And Frederik had a close affilliation with Greenland and the Greenlanders long before Mary came about.

In a documentary of the first visit by Mary and Frederik to Greenland when they were still fairly newly wed, there was a telling comment from one of the inhabitants in Quaanaq, where Frederik spend a couple of months in 2000. A woman said: "We don't know Mary but we know Frederik and if he loves her, that's good enough for us".
The DRF are without a doubt popular in Greenland but I'd say Frederik is the most popular, even surpassing Queen Margrethe.

Like I said, wouldn't this be a way for Greenland to get to know Mary a bit more?
I know Frederik has had a close affiliation, but shouldn't Mary be given a chance to get to know them more?

I believe she has plenty of chances for that. Didn't the couple donate amounts from one of their funds to a children's cause in Greenland - and visited together to see what the money was used for?

Crown Prince Frederik as patron of the Danish Fleet's 500 year (the anniversay
took place last year) attended a lunch of the organization today, May 10, and
didn't miss the chance to wave when his parents passed by on their way to
the royal yacht Dannebrog.

** BB: Kronprins Frederik gjorde honnør for mor ** translation **

Crown Prince Frederik as patron of the Danish Fleet's 500 year (the anniversay
took place last year) attended a lunch of the organization today, May 10, and
didn't miss the chance to wave when his parents passed by on their way to
the royal yacht Dannebrog.

** BB: Kronprins Frederik gjorde honnør for mor ** translation **

You should have posted a warning, Iceflower.
I know several members of this forum who go completely ga-ga, when seeing Frederik in his navy dress uniform. :p
Well ladies, do you prefer Frederik with a sailor-like beard or like this; smooth cheeked and with a stint of grey in the hair? :cool:

Last edited:
You should have posted a warning, Iceflower.
I know several members of this forum who go completely ga-ga, when seeing Frederik in his navy dress uniform. :p
Well ladies, do you prefer Frederik with a sailor-like beard or like this; smooth cheeked and with a stink of grey in the hair? :cool:
With beard, definetely, with beard :wub::wub::wub:

Without beard he just looks a greyhaired teen..

Beard! Without Beard! Who cares? CP Frederik is wearing my favorite uniform!:p;)

He looks so good! Neither he nor Mary look like the parents of 4!!!!!!!!:lol:

And we only have 2 lousy photos from this event! Billed Bladet is being really stingy depriving me...erhm...I mean us..of more photos! LOL!:whistling:

Last edited:

Crown Prince Frederik presented the scholarship from the "Crown Prince Frederik Fund" at Frederik's
VIII's Palae at Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen, May 30, 2011.

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #09, 2012.
Til kamp mod børnearbejde - Taking actions against child-labour.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Next week (week #11) Frederik will in his capacity as patron for Save the Children DK go to Bangladesh for three days.
With him will go the chairman of Save the Children DK, Mimi Jacobsen.

The purpose of the visit is partly to see the problems with child labourers in very poor countries but also to be filmed in connection with the nation wide fund rasing for Save the Children. Presumably as a kind of appeal.

- I've supported Save the Children for quite a number of years now and I feel the money are well spend.

Crown Prince Frederik as Patron of the Anders Lassen Foundation has presented scholarships of the foundation
at Amalienborg on April 27, 2012. This year three soldiers were honoured for their efforts in Afghanistan and
two ballet dancers were honoured for helping injured Danish military personnel with a special Pilates training.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** 2.forsvaret.dk: Legater til balletdansere og soldater ** translation **

Amazing how many times the Crown Princess has donated blood. Does anyone know over how many years this is?
Thank you for the pictures.

:previous:

It's not Crown Prince Frederik who has donated for the 200th time, but Peter Rye Eiersted who is pictured with him :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom