Crown Prince Frederik's Patronages and Charities: 2003 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

It's not Crown Prince Frederik who has donated for the 200th time, but Peter Rye Eiersted who is pictured with him :flowers:

Oh! Thanks for the correction, I honestly thought Frederik :) Nice to see that Frederik took the time to meet him.

Frederik, and the rest of the DRF are most unlikely to ever being approved as blooddonors. The screening process is very strickt.
The DRF simply travel too much countries where there are various blood deceases, like malaria and so on. Travel to such a country means that the donor is put in quarantine.

I was retired as a bloodonor after twenty years because I was put on fairly harmless medication, but that was enough.
I have a common bloodtype myself, A+, so I was only called up every seven-eight months. Those with a rare bloodtype are called up more frequently or are on stand-by. - An employer cannot refuse an employee who has been called by the bloodbank and most in fact pay full salary, while the donor is away.
Having donated blood 200 times is very impressive indeed! I only manage 28 or so donations during my twenty years.

I was also a tissue donor and a bone-marrow donor. I was called a few times in order to donate blood plasma, because my profile was compatitable with a patient. Twice while I was at work. No problem. I was picked up and driven back by taxi.
I was on stand-by as a bone-marrow donor once, but either the patient made it, or he didn't...

Fortunately a lot of young people sign up as blood donors, but because of the strict rules and because young people often travel more or have unsafe sex and so on, they are often put in quarantine, so any new potential donor is recieved with open arms.

Each time a donor gives blood he has to fill out a entire page with questions and it's very easy to be rejected and that means you are put in quarantine for up to a year.

Google Translate
I am not sure how to take Fred answer about his type of blood as a "blue blood" i feel like a kind of arrgant asnwer............

Google Translate
I am not sure how to take Fred answer about his type of blood as a "blue blood" i feel like a kind of arrgant asnwer............

I would say his answer was "tongue in check" joking.

I have found Frederik to be anything but arrogant. :flowers:

Blue blood, I take that quite funny from Frederik. I don't think he is arrogant at all.

today June 7th, Crown Prince Frederik presented two scholarships from the Crown Prince Frederik Fund to Donald Lønstrup Graugaard and Mette Møller Jørgensen.
Scholarship presentation took place at Tapestry, Frederik VIII's Palace, in the presence and speeches of former scholarship recipients who talked about their benefits of staying at Harvard University.

picture and more info
Legatoverrækkelse fra Crown Prince Frederik Fund - Kongehuset

Crown Prince Frederik Visits Greenland: June 24 - 27, 2013

Crown Prince Frederik Visits Greenland
June 24 - 27, 2013​

HRH Crown Prince making 24 of 27. June trip to Greenland with Aarhus University.

Monday, 24 June, the Crown Prince and a Danish / Greenlandic delegation to East Greenland to inaugurate and launch Aarhus University's new research facilities at Zackenberg, Daneborg and Station Nord.

On Zackenberg / Daneborg will crown prince inaugurate new research stations. Research at Zackenberg and Daneborg focuses on how climate change is affecting the Arctic Ocean and plant and animal life in Northeast Greenland.

Last stop will be Station North, where the first steps taken to one of the world's northernmost permanent research stations expected to be completed in 2014. At Station Nord, research will focus on how climate change affects the atmospheric, oceanographic, biological and geological processes in the Arctic.

The delegation is Minister for Science, Innovation and Higher Education Morten Østergaard, Greenland's Minister for Education, Research and Nordic Affairs Nick Nielsen, chairman of the Aage V. Jensen Foundation Leif Skov, chairman of Villum Fund Lars Erik Kann-Rasmussen, head of Aarhus University's new Arctic Research (Arctic Research Center), Professor Rysgaard and rector at Aarhus University Lauritz B. Holm-Nielsen.

Research facilities are built with donations from the Aage V. Jensen Charity Foundation and Villum Foundation.​

Source: kongehuset.dk

On the occasion of HRH Crown Prince's visit to Greenland on 24 of 27, June 2013, the DRF website has uploaded a video clip from Crown Prince participation in the Sirius Patrol in Greenland. In the clip shows the initial preparations for the trip in 2000.
Video: H.K.H. Kronprinsen deltager i Sirius 2000 - Kongehuset

it seems he got a very warm reception

According to kongehuset that also has a picture, His Royal Highness Crown Prince opened on Tuesday 25 June, a new research station in northeast Greenland.

You can read more on it here

And a Greenlandic newspaper has a pic of Frederik showing off with his whip, after the inauguration of the research station at Daneborg: Kronprins Frederik svang pisken | Sermitsiaq.AG

Aarhus University also have a few pics: Aarhus Universitet

Actually Frederik is hitting and knocks over a bottle of champagne and in that way he inaugurated the new station. http://news.au.dk/uploads/pics/groenland_DSC0935_nl.jpg
Okay! It's all in the wrist, eh? :cool:

In this picture Frederik is posing from left with Minister for Education, Morten Østergaard. Minister for Nordic Affairs and Research, Nick Nielsen. (Oh, so that's how he looks. He's otherwise invisble). And head of the station, Niels Martin Schmidt. http://news.au.dk/uploads/pics/groenland_DSC0669_nl.jpg
The rifle is not necessary. The presence of the two ministers should be sufficient to ensure that any decent polar bear will turn away in disgust...

At the station: http://news.au.dk/uploads/pics/groenland_DSC0939_nl.jpg
It would appear Frederik has hurt his hand.

Last edited:
Thanks Dazzling and Muhler :flowers:

You are never in doubt about how much Frederik love Greenland! (or the other way around) I wonder what he's been doing with his left hand.

Greenland has the most beautiful nature, would love to be able to experience it with my own eyes one day.

In this picture Frederik is posing from left with Minister for Education, Morten Østergaard. Minister for Nordic Affairs and Research, Nick Nielsen. (Oh, so that's how he looks. He's otherwise invisble). And head of the station, Niels Martin Schmidt. http://news.au.dk/uploads/pics/groenland_DSC0669_nl.jpg
The rifle is not necessary. The precense of the two ministers should be sufficient to ensure that any decent polar bear will turn away in disgust...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:oh Muhler :flowers::flowers:

I love the connection of Frederik with Greenland.
Frederik looks very handsome ;);)

HRH CROWN PRINCE PATRON OF THE KIA COLD HAWAII PWA WORLD CUP

HRH The Crown Prince is patron of the KIA Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup in wave performance surfing in Klitmoeller taking place on 16-22nd September 2013.

It is the fourth time Klitmoeller by Ørhage out of town is the setting for KIA Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup. By KIA Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup, 32 of the world's best wave surfers.

In 2011 opened the Crown Prince the city's waterfront with new boardwalk and lobster house, with daily features including Surf Club NASA.

KIA Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup presented by City Lift A / S and ThyMors, HF & Adult Education Centre in collaboration with the municipality of Thisted, Sport Event Denmark, LAG ThyMors, VisitNordjylland, Feriepartner Thy, Bank Thy Grip Sign and Save Klitmoeller.

The event is annual and has taken place since 2010.

HRH THE CROWN PRINCE IS PATRON OF THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP IN VOLLEYBALL IN 2013

HRH The Crown Prince is patron of the European Championship in volleyball 2013, which takes place on 20 - 29 September.

Denmark handles together with Poland European Championships in volleyball, in which 16 European nations participating.

The initial group matches played in Odense and Herning in Denmark and Gdansk and Gdynia in Poland. 1/8- and 1/4-finaler played in Aarhus and Gdansk, in the semifinals, the bronze medal match and final will be played in Copenhagen.

In connection with the new patronage, the Crown Prince visited the Danish national team during practice and heard about their preparations for the European Championships.

Sport Event Denmark and the four host cities, Aarhus, Herning, Copenhagen and Odense is a partner at the European Championships in volleyball.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #35, 2013.
Frederik dybt rørt - Frederik deeply moved.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Each year Frederik presents grants from the Anders Lassen Foundation, to soldiers or relatives of soldiers who have been killed in action.

This year three grants for 25.000 DKK were presented to each child of the Jæger (Army special forces soldier) Rene Brink Jacobsen, who was killed in Afghanistan in January this year. His children are Sara, aged 13. Maja, aged 10 and one year old Thor, whom Frederik took his time chatting to and getting to know.

Another recipient was the British senior sergeant, Andy Peat, who was on the same patrol as Rene Jacobsen and who distinguished himself by covering the patrol while Rene Jacobsen was treated and brought out of the line of fire.
It is the first time a foreign soldier recieve this honor.
However, regulations prohibit senior sergeant Andy Peat, from recieving the cash grant, so his wife who was there too, recieved it on his behalf whereupon she presented it to the widow of Rene Jacobsen, Camilla Jacobsen.

There were other recipients, from the Frogman Corps, but they remain anonymous.

Frederik gave a speech telling who Anders Lassen was, basically comparing the recipients with him, while maintaining eye contact with Camilla Jacobsen and her children. Here Frederik's eyes teared up.
- Anders Lassen VC, was one of the founding members of Special Boat Squadron and he was killed on 9th April 1945 in Northern Italy. Five years to the day Denmark was occupied. (*) The Frogman Corps is directly modelled after Special Boat Squadron and as such Frederik know the story very well indeed.

Camilla Jacobsen said afterwards about Frederik practically addressing the speech to her and her children: "I think he wanted to signal that the person and elite soldier Anders Lassen was, in regards to courage and dedication, were some of the qualities the Crown Prince wanted to tell me that Rene also possessed.
The Crown Prince was good in the way he talked to us and he was sweet (in the way he) in greeting the children and looked them in the eyes and asked about their school. He took his time. Our little boy really charmed his way into him (Frederik).
The Crown Prince is easy to speak with and very down to earth. I think it went well and it was very pleasant.
No matter whether you are a Crown Prince or an ordinary Dane, you can sense the feelings of those who have lost someone dear. You can sense the big grief. That is something, I'm sure, that moved the Crown Prince. There is no doubt about that. That made a big impression on me.
He did indeed take the whole seance with us and the frogmen very serious.
To us it is a huge loss to have lost Rene. But I think that when we get further into the future/down the line, we will think back on this day as a big recognition of the work my husband did.
It sure means a lot with the recognition. That will also stand as a very strong and vivid experience for especially the children that they met the Crown Prince. That may only happen once in their lives".

She goes on to say that even though BB bring the story because of Frederik, it nevertheless means a lot to her, because it means that her husband and what he did, will be mentioned and thus in a way honored.

(*) It has been suggested that Anders Lassen had a death wish towards the end of the war. Something that is not uncommon with soldiers in war. Anders Lassen was when he died 26 IIRC, that means he basically all his adult life had been at war, and a pretty intense war. He had lived a life on the edge and it was basically all he knew. - And now the war was ending... now what? Going home? To a job in a factory? Office? Shop? He didn't even have an education, he was an ordinary seaman, a soldier. Now what? Getting up in the morning, go to work, go home to his wife, (if he could find one), day after day, year after year? Until he goes mad?
The prospect of peace brings nothing but hopelesness.

ADDED: An article and pic from the Defence site: http://www2.forsvaret.dk/nyheder/overige_nyheder/Pages/Anderslassen2013.aspx
Of Frederik with senior sergeant Andy Peat. Nice to see his wife and duaghter there too.

The reasoning for Andy Peat to recieve the honor: http://www2.forsvaret.dk/nyheder/overige_nyheder/Documents/Legat_AndyPeat.jpg
He is singled out for extraordinary bravery and determination. Perhaps a medal coming up? He deserves it.

And for the children of Rene Jacobsen: http://www2.forsvaret.dk/nyheder/overige_nyheder/Documents/Legat_Brink.jpg
In honor of their father who fell 3th January 2013.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:

press release on Frederik upcoming event and being patron of the 2013 KIA Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup"

[Press release]: Crown Prince put royal seal on » KIA Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup news feed

"The world’s best wave windsurfers are gearing up for the 2013 KIA Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup in Klitmøller, Denmark from September 16-22 and the spotlight will be even brighter with HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark attending as the new patron of the event. The Crown Prince, a former Danish Navy Seal, accomplished sailor and iron man triathlete, will try his hand at windsurfing on Sunday September 15, before the pros take over"

"The presence of the Crown Prince is another stage in the organic growth of this event out of the passion of the local windsurfing community. “We are proud and honoured that His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik finds the KIA Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup worth supporting,” Finn Jorsal, the president of the Friends of Cold Hawaii, the association behind the event, said. “It’s a boost, that gives us national as well as international status. That can make it possible for us, to make this event even bigger.”"

Frederik will be there on Sunday, here is the schedule
Schedule » KIA Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup news feed

It looks like Frederik will go against the "young guns"..get a tour of the venue, and have a jet ski session

"This will not be HRH Crown Prince Frederik’s first windsurf related visit to Klitmøller. On the 23rd of August 2011 he inaugurated the newly constructed waterfront, and the new clubhouse “Hummerhuset”. Among others, “Hummerhuset” houses the local surf club NASA (North Atlantic Surf Association), and during the World Cup the clubhouse will be transformed into the KIA Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup headquarters"

The articles (and pictures not least) tells that Frederik several times fell into the water ... aaaand once also in the reeds :lol:

Frederik is a sportsman and performs many sports brilliantly, but surfing is apparently not his strongest side :p Halfway during the race with the children, and then he had fell into the water several times and all the children had reached the finish line, Frederik decided to paddle into land with a smile and the words "If you really aren't better, you should better leave it" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom