Crown Prince Frederik's 50th Birthday Celebrations: May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The coverage will continue, interrupted by 30 minutes of news.

We will see the speeches, but there will be breaks when they are eating. So lots of time for commenting and enjoying the reruns during the breaks.

There's a man wearing what appears to be a white hoodie, but i doubt it is, on Frederik's table. Can anyone tell me who it is?

That's the Greenlandic PM, he got a hug from Frederik BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a man wearing what appears to be a white hoodie, but i doubt it is, on Frederik's table. Can anyone tell me who it is?

Kim Kielsen, the Prime Minister of Greenland. The anorak is a part of the Greenlandic national costume.

Someone from Greenland in official national dress I imagine, I have't seen who you mean

A nine-fold cheer for Frederik. Okay!
That's usually only for the Monarch and Denmark.

Has a translation of the Queen's speech been provided for the foreign guests ? It looked like GD Henri was reading it while the Queen was speaking.

I always find the ‘politics’, for lack of a better word, quite interesting during large royal gatherings.

Nothing surprising about the BRF not attending but I wonder why no Spanish royals.

That’s the two largest royal houses missing.

I believe that's Chairman of the Naalakkersuisut Kim Kielsen (as listed on the guest list). He's also the Premier of Greenland. He's wearing the traditional dress of Greenland.

I actually registered an account here because I wanted to come and post that he and Fred shared a really nice embrace at the receiving line. Fred was happy to see him. I gather they have a really nice relationship. Fred's connection to Greenland is really awesome.

Has a translation of the Queen's speech been provided for the foreign guests ? It looked like GD Henri was reading it while the Queen was speaking.

No doubt.
Because the speech was subtitled.

A moving touch in QMII's speech: She said: "How mormor would have been proud of you. And how I would have wished your papa saw you today."

Congratulations on your first posts CrownPrincePingo. :flowers:

No royal event can be complete until it has been covered by Daily Mail: Princess Mary joins husband Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark as he celebrates his 50th birthday | Daily Mail Online

The balcony scene.

I'm on the train on my way back from watching the cortege. I had an excellent spot right outside the entrance to Prince Gorm's courtyard where all the cars slowed down. I had a great view of the Queen, her sisters and brother-in-law, the Greeks, Count Ingolf & Joachim with wife and son. Unfortunately my pics turned out really bad because of the tinted windows and the sunlight.
When Frederik and Mary got closer I decided to film instead and I was in the second row of onlookers I would've gotten some excellent film footage had I not accidentally pressed stop a few second before they passed me. Det er skide uheld men, men...
Frederik and Mary were both beaming with joy and the birthday boy looked both happy and embarrassed as we started shouting "tillykke" (happy birthday)
Central Copenhagen was packed with people but it was a happy crowd that suddenly started cheering and clapping as the police officers that had been on duty all day came parading down Höjbro Plads towards Christiansborg.

Nothing surprising about the BRF not attending but I wonder why no Spanish royals.

That’s the two largest royal houses missing.
Today is the Day of the Armed Forces in Spain. The King and Queen are in La Rioja.

I believe that's Chairman of the Naalakkersuisut Kim Kielsen (as listed on the guest list). He's also the Premier of Greenland. He's wearing the traditional dress of Greenland.

I actually registered an account here because I wanted to come and post that he and Fred shared a really nice embrace at the receiving line. Fred was happy to see him. I gather they have a really nice relationship. Fred's connection to Greenland is really awesome.

Welcome :flowers: I also don't think it is a co-incidence that Queen Margrethe is wearing the tiara given to her by Greenland on her Ruby Jubilee knowing Prince Frederik's love of the Country (and hers).

The Queen was very moved to read the speech. Frederik and Mary were very happy. Who will speak the most?

They both are in Madrid, Armed Forces Day today.

But wasn't that around noon. They reaklly should have keept Elena as a working member. Also nobody of them was at the Württemberg funeral yesterday and the Houses had keept good contacts in the Past.

There are around 400 guests, so lot of handshaking!

But then you can have a look at the dresses again.

At the end of the evening there will be dancing, including les lanciers.
But I doubt we are going to see that.
We've seen the royals dance les Lanciers before so here's hoping for tonight.

Welcome :flowers: I also don't think it is a co-incidence that Queen Margrethe is wearing the tiara given to her by Greenland on her Ruby Jubilee knowing Prince Frederik's love of the Country (and hers).

Thank you!

Ah, yes! I didn't even make that connection. Perfect tiara choice. Margrethe and Frederik's shared love of Greenland is such a beautiful facet of their relationship.

Last edited:
Is this Maria Olympia's first tiara event?

That's the Attorney General with his fiancé

No royal event can be complete until it has been covered by Daily Mail: Princess Mary joins husband Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark as he celebrates his 50th birthday | Daily Mail Online

The balcony scene.

It always peeves me a bit that she's just "Princess Mary" in British and Australian media.

I don't know who was more proud of Nikolai, our Marie or Joachim. She was very attentive towards him while they walked the press.

That was really sweet. Made for an awkward walk down. lol But that was so kind and considerate of Marie.

I don't know who was more proud of Nikolai, our Marie or Joachim. She was very attentive towards him while they walked the press.

I also saw Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg shooting him a smile. I imagine seeing Nikolai attending his first state event must also make them reminisce about their own "first times" :D

I'm listening to the dress-designer talking about how to design a dress for individual women. It's actually interesting! Just like me he prefer curves, albeit for different reasons...
His are that there is more to work with. That is, a women who is very slim is more difficult to work with than someone who has got hips or a bosom.
He also explained that in regards to royalty you make sure the shoulder-bone is not showing. I.e. the full rounding of the shoulder. That's one of the "rules" regarding royals.

Here is QMII's speech: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...ederik-50-aar-det-sagde-dronningen-i-sin-tale

If anyone would like to do a Google translate please do so. ?

Thanks for the updates!
It is nice to see many royals attending Crown Prince Frederic's jubilee. Alexandra's ghastly tan was disappointing. Crown Prince Pavlos and his family appear to look perfect. Surprisingly Marie Chantal did not wear a tiara. Crown Princess Mette-Marit has better gala dresses in her wardrobe. Prince Nikolai's hairstyle was odd.

Non-attendance of the British royal was expected.

Last edited:
That was a very good speech by the PM! But he is a very good speaker.

Back
Top Bottom