Crown Prince Frederik's 50th Birthday Celebrations: May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Joachim with Princess Marie and Prince Felix has arrived. No Nikolai this evening.

Interviewer asked CP Frederik what was a highlight for him during his birthday week. CP Frederik answered; The weather, Royal Run and CP Mary's speech to him last night :wub:

Mary's sister is there.

M&F and children have arrived. Frederik spoke about his wife's speech, that was a highlight to him.

Josephine is a wonderful little ham. :lol:
She likes the cameras and I notice she often stand in a ballet-posture when she is being photographed. Perhaps she's dancing?

Now the entertainment will start and I will leave the floor to others as I doubt I will see much of it.

The coverage was by accident covering a lot of Queen Máxima's massive diamonds in movement. Another plus for the cameraman.
:cool:
Right you are. Queen Maxima's diamonds are amazing, indeed. One can be sure that they are clear as water.

Last edited:
Isabella's sitting next to her Aunt Patricia. I think Mary gave her sister a cute little wave. ?

She likes the cameras and I notice she often stand in a ballet-posture when she is being photographed. Perhaps she's dancing?

lol I noticed that too. She was in Fifth Position this time. :lol:

Last edited:
Apparently, Prince Edward spent the weekend with the Queen at Balmoral according to the report below. That explains why he didn't go to Denmark on Saturday.

The children just wished a happy birthday to Frederik in a recorded video! So sweet :)

And not an eye is dry! :lol:

The children (and dog) said their own happy birthday to dad. And they are going to return.

It is so idiotic that such a thing can't be shown outside DK! :bang:

That's strange. I'm watching it in America.

Hmmm. Then I guess it just isn't working for me, no matter how much I refresh the page. I get the same error we were getting yesterday prior to DR1 unlocking its feed to those outside Denmark.

I can't see anything either. Same failure report as yesterday morning:sad:
I tried every browser and now even an US IP adress:whistling: But still nothing. Maybe we will be able to see the video afterwards.

The children were on again.

This time they told about it's a bit annoying when they are told waht to do, and not act silly.
Mother can be angry. Okay, a little, sometimes, added Christian. Vincent was adamant however, that mother does get angry! ?

--------------

I was really supposed to do something else, but who can resist these children?

Yes. The Nordic cousins can understand each other speaking their respective languages. I recall the expedition Frederik went on with Victoria and Haakon a few years back; they all spoke their respective languages and understood each other.

I believe Frederik even tried to speak some Swedish when he was interviewed after competing in the Vasaloppet.

Queen Silvia, however, could be seen reading Mary's speech translation. Maybe as a non-native speaker of Swedish, she doesn't understand Danish so well.

As far as I understand, correct me if I am wrong, Danish is actually closer to standard Norwegian (the difference between the two being mostly in pronunciation). The differences between Swedish and Danish on the other hand are more pronounced.

Prince Vincent is almost stealing the Show since he is sitting beside his father and is always in camera when Prince Frederik is on screen.

The children were on again, this time about the times when dad can be embarrassing.
When he's goofing at the table, and just laughing away. And Mary tells him he's silly, he says "ain't me"! Bella describes him as adult on the outside but fifteen inside.

:lol:

Queen Silvia, however, could be seen reading Mary's speech translation. Maybe as a non-native speaker of Swedish, she doesn't understand Danish so well.

As far as I understand, correct me if I am wrong, Danish is actually closer to standard Norwegian (the difference between the two being mostly in pronunciation). The differences between Swedish and Danish on the other hand are more pronounced.

I am a non-native speaker of Swedish. I lived in Sweden for a long time but much less time than Silvia and I have no problems in understanding Danish.

For me, Danish feels closer to Swedish but I understand Norwegian very well.

I can't see anything either. Same failure report as yesterday morning:sad:
I tried every browser and now even an US IP adress:whistling: But still nothing. Maybe we will be able to see the video afterwards.

Hmmm. Then I guess it just isn't working for me, no matter how much I refresh the page. I get the same error we were getting yesterday prior to DR1 unlocking its feed to those outside Denmark.

I'm watching the DR1 stream on Edge but then I tried to see if I could watch it in a new tab, on Firefox, and Chrome and, bizarrely, I can't. I have no idea how I'm watching this. I'm so sorry, friends. I had hoped to help with a solution.

Hopefully they'll post the video packages of the kids like they've done in the past with the Kronprinsen Awards.

A clear example of the twins' different personalities: Rock music starts and Josephine playfully starts headbanging (Mary joins her). Later, Vincent is seen covering his ears.

Last edited:
More from Vincent and Josephine. (I couldn't hear much of it) About what dad should do on his very first day as king. - It seems like they believe a king can make anything happen. - Even make the water grow (??) and stop people from stealing.

More from Vincent and Josephine. (I couldn't hear much of it) About what dad should do on his very first day as king. - It seems like they believe a king can make anything happen. - Even make the water grow (??) and stop people from stealing.

Josephine said people should stop throwing trash in the nature, and that should be a first thing her father could stop people doing when he becomes King ?

Crown Prince Frederik's 50th Birthday: May 2018

The musical mix at this concert must be to Prince Frederik’s taste and quite rocky. Its such a contrast to the Swedish royal events with Victoria’s and Daniel’s catchy pop taste.
Oh but the music has changed now after the interval, thankfully!

Last edited:
Interesting, people are standing up to the song: In Denmark I am born - That's the third, albeit unofficial national anthem we have.

Mary is moved!
Clearly this song "speaks" more to her than our regular national anthem.

The musical mix at this concert must be to Prince Frederik’s taste and quite rocky. Its such a contrast to the Swedish royal events with Victoria’s and Daniel’s catchy pop taste.
Oh but the music has changed now after the interval, thankfully!

This is quite the variety but I'm enjoying it. Right now it's hip-hop/rap and Bella's singing along. Phine's grooving in her seat. :lol:

Oh man. I really hope this gets uploaded somewhere. I need to watch it back. They just cut to the family. We've pretty much lost Vincent. He's just sitting there slack-jawed and from out of frame comes Isabella's hand to close his mouth. ? (It might've actually been Patricia's hand because I think it was a sleeved arm. It happened quick.)

Last edited:
I love the clips with the children!

This time about love and how mum and dad met.
Isabella pointed out that dad isn't very, very, very romantic, but he can be. Like on Valentines Day.
And Josephine explained that dad was out traveling and met mum on a bench and they said hi, and then they became sweethearts and mum became a princess - really simple.

I couldn't hear what the boys were saying.

Is Christian's voice beginning to crack?

Photo from the concert: https://images.scribblelive.com/2018/5/27/19a9a0a0-3e6a-42bf-bc34-116b59de8cc2_1000.jpg

Last edited:
It sounds quite lovely, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the scenes!

Oh man. I really hope this gets uploaded somewhere. I need to watch it back. They just cut to the family. We've pretty much lost Vincent. He's just sitting there slack-jawed and from out of frame comes Isabella's hand to close his mouth. ?
The guest arrivals are already available for viewers outside of Denmark on DR1, so I am optimistic that we will be able to see the show too:)

I love the clips with the children!

This time about love and how mum and dad met.
Isabella pointed out that dad isn't very, very, very romantic, but he can be. Like on Valentines Day.
And Josephine explained that dad was out traveling and met mum on a bench and they said hi, and then they became sweethearts and mum became a princess - really simple.

I couldn't hear what the boys were saying.

Is Christian's voice beginning to crack?

Photo from the concert: https://images.scribblelive.com/2018/5/27/19a9a0a0-3e6a-42bf-bc34-116b59de8cc2_1000.jpg

I love Josephine's telling of their love story. She's really not all that far off. :lol: Simple.

Christian's voice is already quite deep. I'm so curious for when his voice fully develops. :ohmy:

The guest arrivals are already available for viewers outside of Denmark on DR1, so I am optimistic that we will be able to see the show too:)

Crossing my fingers!

They showed a lovely tribute to Prince Henrik. And I don't know if Josephine might just be tired or if the tribute made her sad (like it did me!), but she was on Mary's lap, tears down her face. Poor bubs.

Ooh I love this song from Sort Sol :)

Love that they have included recorded messages from CP Victoria and Prince Daniel, and CP Haakon & CP Mette-Marit :)

This time the children told us who it's better to nag if you want something.

That's 100 % dad! - Except when it's about ice cream, then it's mother.

And they think that what dad wish most for as a b-day present is a travel with the family. - To the Maldives, interjects Vincent.

Josephine concludes that Frederik has a sweet family.

The poor children are almost collapsing now.

Back
Top Bottom