Crown Prince Frederik's 40th Birthday: May 26, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice photos. Glad to see Daniel on the mix.

mary's dress is beautiful!!!! she hassuch a wordrobe!!!!!

Well it's certainly interesting to see Daniel at an official overseas royal function. Maybe, just maybe, an engagement is on the horizon. On the fashion front, I thought everyone looked quite good. Mary's outfit was fun and funky. Victoria seemed to strike the perfect balance between casual and formal. And Mette-Marit's dress was simple and cute. The only person who I thought looked bad was the Duchess of Calabria. I have to agree with the sentiment that she looks rather "fake." It's fun to see the royals get together in sort of a semiformal environment. Great clothes without the formality! :D

You can really imagine how they would let their hair down and have fun, just like anyone else. Its fun to see them dress up and all for Frederick too.

The colors Mary wore complimented her skins tone. Some of the pictures looked to delight. It's good to see Fred shower everyone with his festival. It is also nice to see Victoria playful with Daniel. Sometimes pictures is all we got to be a part of gatherings and get-togethers and to feel invited along with their majesties. It's fun to see. Reading here warms my heart. The Royals and us fans make it nice to come here. It's eye catching to find out what the descendants of previous world leaders now do. Sometimes I can't believe having this vantage point. It's nice. Good luck to them. And Happy 40th birthday Fred. It's a milestone. :flowers:

Oh I know,she's a mix between Betty Boop and an inflatable item...:ohmy:
Love your humor--made me giggle for 5 minutes over this remark--I quite agree and what a mental picture it gave!:whistling:

Daniel WAS the man of the hour - a soft introduction into the royal mainstream -
Camilla of Calabria is not seen often, but when she is phtographed she always looks the same ---- very Hollywood. She may have a very sweet personality and be a lovely person, but ....
And Mary --- she has looked flawless lately - does she have a personal stylist? She looks amazing --- even in the rain on the balcony - a simple daytime outfit and she was impeccable.

Daniel WAS the man of the hour - a soft introduction into the royal mainstream -
Camilla of Calabria is not seen often, but when she is phtographed she always looks the same ---- very Hollywood. She may have a very sweet personality and be a lovely person, but ....
And Mary --- she has looked flawless lately - does she have a personal stylist? She looks amazing --- even in the rain on the balcony - a simple daytime outfit and she was impeccable.
You are correct that Daniel was a main attraction--and I doubt that CPF or Mary cared. They don't look the type to be upset by that sort of thing -- after all they knew he was coming! Victoria and Daniel knew before hand what a statement this "date" would make.

[URL="http://www.seoghoer.dk/Royalt/victoria%20til%20frede%20fest.aspx"]More information[/URL] about the bash on Saturday. Oh and "Mr. Man of the Hour" is mentioned... naturally.

Hmm, what else. Oh yeah... Frederik (Remember him? He's the guy with whom this topic is actually about and the guy with whom many friends of his came to Fredensborg, from near and far, to celebrate and honor his birthday. Oh and he's the guy who will one day be the King of Denmark... just in case you forgot) is also discussed, but in passing.

Although, Swedish Crown Princess Victoria has not yet officially engaged with Daniel Westling, they are beginning to show themselves publicly more and more. The couple were also among many guests where Crown Prince Frederik, on Saturday evening, held his 40th birthday with a big celebration on Orangeriet at Fredensborg Palace. It was a private party, and therefore Victoria was able to take Daniel (Mr. Man of the Hour.)

Also in the company of guests were the Norwegian crown prince couple, Mette-Marit and Haakon; along with them came Victoria and Daniel from the palace to the restaurant in the park.

Crown Prince Frederik had invited 165 guests to his birthday, but even he knew little about what should happen.

-- It has been my sweet wife stood for, he said. And Crown Princess Mary promised that she had some surprises in the sleeve during evening.

Forty and Sensible

Frederik did not not hide the fact that he welcomed his party/40th age, and on the question it feels to be middle aged and 40, he replied:

-- It is actually very sensible.

Most of the guests were Frederik and Mary's friends, including actor Preben Kristensen and his man, Crown Princess Mary's hairdresser Soren Hedegaard and Ellen Hillingsøe and Hella Joof.

In addition to the Norwegian couple and Swedish Crown Princess with Daniel, also attendence was the Belgian Crown Prince Philippe and several of Frederik's cousins. Not there for obvious reasons: Prince Joachim and Princess Marie. They are on honeymoon.

:winkiss:

Last edited:
Nice weather they had on the last bash. Carina is the most natrually beautiful one there:flowers:, I can understand her boyfriend's love with her, she seems to have a sweet personality. Mary has the most stylish and "in" look, yes she seems flawless as of late.

Last edited:
I am just on could nine. Who expected Victoria to bring Daniel around? On a Royal Event! :flowers:

Imo the Princesses and those who are supposed to be Princesses one day looked great.

Pics are great!!!

it's nice to see that victoria and daniel are more and more together in public! maybe you can hope an engagement soon!!!! i hope so!!

I really wish the ladies had all worn long dresses ... but, then again, that would have been a repeat of the Dannebrog event. Why exactly where there two different parties? :ohmy:

Anyway ...

CP Mary ... LOVED the dress! Great color on her; very chic
CP Mette Marit ... what to do with this girl? The color was way to pale on her; her hair was a disaster; the dress was quite ordinary ... not exactly what you would expect from someone who has access to every major designer in the world1
CP Victoria ... finally, we see Daniel at an "official" event outside of Sweden. He's O.K. but I'm not "gaga" over him ... then, again, only she has to be:wub: I liked her dress but thought it made her look a bit "big" all over. She looks better in color.

Amber Petty: AWOL?

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik: AWOL?

Princess Alexandra of S-W-B: God, what was she wearing?
Tatiana Blahnik: GORGEOUS!
Prince Nikolos: that boy is just tooooo yummmmy!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

I think it was rather nice of the Birthday Boy to share the spotlight with Daniel. Frederik had to know that speculation regarding Victoria and Daniel would overshadow the fact that it was a celebration of his 40th birthday, as well it did. It was nice to see the young royals get together in honor of the milestone birthday, though I have to agree with Fred, turning 40 is really no big deal!:flowers:

Cat

Do you think that the attendance of Daniel Westling was a mistake? If Daniel was invited to come?

Do you think that the attendance of Daniel Westling was a mistake? If Daniel was invited to come?
I am pretty sure it wasn't a mistake and he was invited ;)...
as other Royals also brought their partners (e.g. Carina Axelsson or Nikolaus's girlfriend ).

Btw:
PPE mixed up Prince Nikolaus & his girlfriend with Prince Pavlos & Marie Chantal :D
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Last edited:
Wow looking at all the photos I have to say Frederik really doesn't look like he is celebrating his 40th Birthday.

It was nice to see Victoria with her boyfriend and not attending alone as usual.

I think it was rather nice of the Birthday Boy to share the spotlight with Daniel. Frederik had to know that speculation regarding Victoria and Daniel would overshadow the fact that it was a celebration of his 40th birthday, as well it did. It was nice to see the young royals get together in honor of the milestone birthday, though I have to agree with Fred, turning 40 is really no big deal!:flowers:

Cat

On the other hand, he has celebrated it already with a big gala party past week as well as a private family party, so I don't think it was all that much of a big problem that Daniel's present overshadowed the birthday boy ;)
Love the pictures, so nice that Victoria could finally bring Daniel with her somewhere! I'm starting to hear wedding bells..:whistling:

Mary's dress is Matthew Williamson .

yes, saw it in we b site style.com but in black, i really love the red much more

Daniel is only appearing as the man of the hour in this thread because it is wonderful to see him at a royal party. However I sincerely doubt that Crown Prince Frederik was sitting at his party annoyed that Daniel was stealing the limelight.
To the people at the party they were there for Frederik and don't see Daniel's presence as interesting as we here do

Mary's dress is Matthew Williamson .

Thank you, Miss Saga. I am just in love with her dress and was wondering who created it. It is such a fabulous dress.

Mary looked fantastic in all event's....specially at the secret party ...great great dress. Today she looks younger...what a great legs!!!! Fred looks very nice...he's a very handsome man...They looked great ... I love to see them together

Daniel is only appearing as the man of the hour in this thread because it is wonderful to see him at a royal party. However I sincerely doubt that Crown Prince Frederik was sitting at his party annoyed that Daniel was stealing the limelight.
To the people at the party they were there for Frederik and don't see Daniel's presence as interesting as we here do

Thank you crm23137 I was wondering when someone was going to make a point like this, was in fact getting around to making it myself, but you bet me to it!

I'm grateful for the addition of new pics. I too couldn't open one of the series. Many of the moderators work hard to take us closer to them. Thanks for making this place Sunny. :sun::rainbow: Cheers.

Why are Willem Alexander & Maxima and Felipe & Letizia not invited?
Shouldn't they be invited as every CP couples were invited to Willem Alexander's 40's Bday?

The man of the hour: Daniel Westling

They probably were, but the spanish CP couple had a weekend full of duties : a diner with the army on Saturday and a parade for the Dia de las fuerzas armadas in Zaragoza on Sunday
De dutch had a duty in the morning in Wassenaar (opening of a sculpture exposition) and in the evening there was the opening of the Holland Festival.

Last edited:
I have loved this dress of Mary's as much as any other this weekend. Am not so thrilled to see Danie lWestling with V ictoria IMO IT IS NOT A GOOD THING but I hope as I really like this young woman that all will be well. Have loved all this birthday gaiety and am grateful to ALL of you who have posted.

Daniel W. is a hottie.

Where can I buy a copy of Mary's little 1960s go-go dress???? The color is absolutely lovely. This lady has a tricky figure, and this silhouette suits her quite nicely.

What the devil was Mary thinking, though, pairing the pale pink with mint green? And what exactly WAS that green cape / trench thingee anyway? A bit off...must be from the same designer that did the weird Icelandic gala dress with the messy waist.

Back
Top Bottom