Crown Prince Frederik's 40th Birthday: May 26, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For Willem Alexander's 40 years old party most of all the CP couples went, maybe they are all invted this time too!

The Duke and Duchess of Calabria are there also. She always looks so "Plastic" to me; I don't know why.

Why do a majority of photo agencies refer to Nik and Tatiana as Crown Prince Pavolos (sp) and Marie Chantal? This is the third time they have done this.

Oh and everyone looks nice including Daniel though I wish he would burn those awful glasses. Hello! 1999 anyone?

I think it is great to see CP Victoria there with Daniel. I mean, it must get tiresome going to all these things alone, and could very well mean an engagement is not too far away.:heart:
It looks like most everyone is wearing shorter dresses which is such a nice change. CP Mary looks phenomenal, always such a nice surprise to see what she wears and I for one am never dissapointed.:flowers: Can't wait to see some bigger pics!!

Prince Philipp and Princess Laetitia of Hesse attended too. Frederik and Mary attended their Wedding 2 years ago.

The Duke and Duchess of Calabria are there also. She always looks so "Plastic" to me; I don't know why.

The are no the Duke and Duchess of Castro as Carlo has apparently taken this Title following the death of his father in March.

Last edited by a moderator:

Someone (;)) recently referred to her as "Duchess Barbie" (kind of tacky to say, but whatever.) Though it is nice to see them out at Frederik's birthday party.

Last edited:
Oh and everyone looks nice including Daniel though I wish he would burn those awful glasses. Hello! 1999 anyone?

I know they are very Christopher Reeve in Superman aren't they. He looks really nice.:blush:

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh I know,she's a mix between Betty Boop and an inflatable item...:ohmy:

Prince Philipp and Princess Laetitia of Hesse attended too. Frederik and Mary attended their Wedding 2 years ago.

The are no the Duke and Duchess of Castro as Carlo has apparently taken this Title following the death of his father in March.

Thanks for the correction! I now remember reading about it.

Daniel Westling was a surprise, but a very nice one! Perhaps this is foreshadowing for greater events to come....

All the ladies look pretty, especially, IMO, Carina. I like her sense of style. Mary looked nice, although the dress looked too big on her.

Why are Willem Alexander & Maxima and Felipe & Letizia not invited?
Shouldn't they be invited as every CP couples were invited to Willem Alexander's 40's Bday?

Shouldn't they be invited as every CP couples were invited to Willem Alexander's 40's Bday?

The man of the hour: Daniel Westling

Huh?!:ohmy:

I'm sorry, but isn't the topic and the overall celebration at Fredensborg is in honor of some guy named Frederik... Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, right?;)

There is no evidence to suggest that Felipe/Letizia & Maxima/Wilem Alexander were not Invited.

I'm sorry, but isn't the topic and the overall celebration at Fredensborg is in honor of some guy named Frederik... Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, right?;)
And how handsome he looks too. Great to see his 40th birthday celebated with lots of friends and parties.:flowers:

Fred who? ;) No, I´d say this time the show was indeed stolen (by Victoria and Daniel)...and one also has to consider, that this was now party nr2, after a balcony scene, a book, many released photos...and a wedding one week ago. It wasn´t directly, that DRF watchers were walking in the desert the past weeks ;) And before ppl would note Fred, they would always note his wife ;)

I am sure also the Spanish and Dutch CP couples were invited. But probably they were busy. The Spanish Royals are in general less into such festivities.
And last year Frederik didn´t attend Willem Alexander´s 40th birthday party either...

True, Mary and Frederick were the only CP couple who didn't attend the party but I remember they specified the reason, they had a previous engagement.
It would've been nice to see all the young royals rocking the night away though!
Plus: this time Victoria wouldn't have been by herself like in other events that usually are not so laid back like this one seem to be

Fred who? ;) No, I´d say this time the show was indeed stolen (by Victoria and Daniel)...and one also has to consider, that this was now party nr2, after a balcony scene, a book, many released photos...and a wedding one week ago. It wasn´t directly, that DRF watchers were walking in the desert the past weeks ;) And before ppl would note Fred, they would always note his wife ;)

Okay so let me get this straight, there are those who believe the man of the hour is:

This Daniel guy > Victoria > CPC of Norway > Carina and Gustav > Crown Prince Pavolos and Marie Chantal (aka Tatiana and Nicky) > The Duke and Duchess of Calabria > Other Guests > Mary > Fredensborg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Frederik.

How sad.:shock::neutral:

I hope Frederik had a wonderful birthday and many more to come because in my mind he is the man of the hour. It is his day and birthday week afterall.:flowers:

Last edited:
I am happy to see Daniel there, due time in my opinion !

:D:D:D Daniel Westling. At a foreign royal function. Surely wedding bells will be ringing soon in the country of Sweden ;)

As for the birthday boy, Fred looked really happy to have all his friends over to celebrate his birthday - as he should. I'm loving Mary's dress, it seems a little oriental-inspired to me. And nice to see flashes of colour with Alexandra S-W-B, Tatiana and Mary in amongst all that beige/cream.

Although I agree that tonight was rightfully Frederik's night. . . I can't help think that this may have been a bit of masterful strategy on Victoria's part with assistance from Mary and Fred.

How to begin to introduce Daniel officially but gradually? She'd certainly have received bad press if they'd turned up together at last weekend's Danish wedding, as someone somewhere else was asking "why not". They would have completely overshadowed the bride and groom, to the horror of many royal watchers.

What better time than a relatively small "official" birthday party for another heir who also seems to be a friend who wouldn't mind sharing his party for a good cause? ;)

Oh yeah, and fluffwise, I, too, think that Mary AND Frederik looked gorgeous tonight. I particularly like that the sleeves of Mary's dress (see one of the earlier photo collections). Below the trim they looked flared and/or pleated. Nice touch.

There is no evidence to suggest that Felipe/Letizia & Maxima/Wilem Alexander were not Invited.

I believe Princess Maxima attended the Holland festival with her m-i-l this evening, so she was not able to show up in Denmark. Still, it is unsure who was invited and who was not. As it seems a rather private party for CP Frederik it is possible that they only invited those royals that the couple is close to.

The so-called duchess of Calabria looks like an adult actress IMO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom