Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 8: August 2020 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
"The Crown Prince spoke in the speech about his burning interest, which meant that during his time at the university he chose to write a thesis on the situation in the Baltic countries, where the struggle for democracy and freedom back in the 1980s and 1990s filled a lot.

Frederik revealed that he got a fine grade for his assignment on the Baltics.

All in all, it was a hit among the audience that the Crown Prince spiced up his speech with several personal anecdotes"

This is good to read from Billed Bladet. His connection with the Baltic countries.

Last edited:
Frederik also gave lectures about the situation in the Baltic countries at the Military Academy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something to look forward to. It's been so long since we have seen different royals together.
We can hope that King Phillipe will bring one or two of his children along. And Frederik will do likewise.

What is also good, from our point of view, is that wearing masks at such events in DK is no longer required.

A few other pics from the match with celeb-old boys - All having a past within sport, especially soccer.
And Frederik was indeed taken on.
Especially by the well-liked Stig Tøfting, known as Tøffe here. He was known and indeed infamous for his temper on the soccer field, but he is actually a nice and decent guy and a fine role model. Despite associating hardcore bikers.
He said after the match:
"I have had the pleasure of being in his company before - not in this context though, but in connection with playing on the national team and where his family have sometimes been to the dressing room, so I have been in his company before.
But we weren't there (playing this soccer match) in order to kick each other down, we were there in a good cause. But you are into it, when you play, so he played for real. He can take it when you take him on a bit. There was no whining there.
I did have a chat with him afterwards, where we said thanks for the match. We have a fantastic Crown Prince, who is all down to earth and the fact that he want's to take part in something like this is so cool. Take a look around the world. Who else can brag of that?"

Here is Tøffe and Frederik: https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/res...7-denmark-uefa-euro-2020-football-village.jpg
And a video: https://www.bt.dk/royale/stig-toefting-til-bt-det-skal-kronprinsen-aldrig-goere-igen

Tøffe gave the advise of Frederik never wearing a band around the leg in a match, that'll only tell the opponent what to go for.

Frederik scored one goal and I noticed Laudrup was on his team.

Eml

Thanks. So good to be able to get the details in English.

Last edited:
Eml

Well done CP Frederik and full marks for taking the time and making the effort to visit the Team. Bravo.

Crown Prince Frederik participated in the laying of the foundation stone for the new F-35 Campus Skrydstrup in Bevtoft today, June 18:

** tt.se gallery ** kongehuset gallery **

Last edited:
That's personnel and service facilities for the F-35 fighters that are to be delivered shortly. They will, just like the F-16s, operate from air base Skrydstrup.
More photos here: https://forsvaret.dk/da/nyheder/2021/grundstenen-til-f-35-campus-er-lagt/

Frederik is wearing the dress uniform of a major general in the air force.
I'll leave it to his resident fans here to judge whether that is a more flattering uniform that those from the army and navy.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the Minister of Defense, Trine Bramsen, who in contrast to her colleague mentioned in another thread, stays in the background, is the blonde lady in black, giving a speech on the rostrum.

Crown Prince Frederik will no longer be a member of the IOC but today, June 24, attended the presentation of the Danish flag bearers for the next Olympic Games in Tokyo at the Experimentarium in Hellerup:

** Pic ** kongehuset gallery **

** bt article with photos and video **

Last edited:
As we know Frederik had a trip planned to Japan due to the Olympics but had to cancel. Part of his program was to open the Danish Pavillion in Tokyo. He did so virtually on July 23

https://www.danskindustri.dk/arrangementer/soeg/arrangementer/internationalt---asien/ol-tokyo-2021/

"the Confederation of Danish Industry, the Danish Chamber of Commerce and the Danish Agriculture and Food Council invite Danish companies to showcase their products and solutions at the Danish Pavilion set up in the courtyard of the Danish Embassy in Japan"

Yet another event/speech by the Crown Prince, completely ignored by the DRF. Not on the calendar, not a word on social media. Nothing.

That's in Northern Zealand, not that far from Fredensborg. So I suppose the family is there.

Wonder if they even went to Gråsten this year, because schools starts again on Monday.

More on the S/Y Veteranen
"The*boat & Association is a groundbreaking concept and services for people with veteran card and police officers through their association Thin Blue Line Denmark. The S / Y Veteran has been bought for with war compensation. Jesper S. Larsen owns the boat, but puts it in, on a long-term contract in the association S / Y Veteranen.
- Our idea is that we go around Denmark to offer police and soldier veterans with challenges, an opportunity to get out sailing. Many of our comrades are so badly affected (added: by PTSD) that just a one-day trip can be a mountain to climb."

And Frederik's participation

:previous: What a wonderful concept, especially for those with PTSD because it is an invisible condition that can totally cripple someone's life. A chance to meet other veterans with the same condition means that for a little while they are not alone, suffering from isolation and the well-meaning family and friends that try to "fix" them. Frederik's participation is validation in and of itself.

"Well done that man"

Yes, the athletes returned home today to a warm welcome, albeit under restrictions.

It's a been a good Olympics medal wise for DK.

It was decided a number of years ago that there would be a national effort to ensure more medals for Danish competitors at future Olympics.
That policy is now bearing fruits in earnest.

That meant government subsidies and added focus and support in regards to training, equipment, travels and money to help cover expenses when taking time off from work in order to participate in competitions.
Only 20 years ago, that virtually didn't exist in DK.
While other countries had for decades put a lot of emphasis on developing and training their athletes.

-------------

Couldn't agree more, Marg.

Any initiative helping veterans, police officers, firefighters and others who are hurt mentally or physically in the line of duty is to be commended and supported. And any idea is good, even if it only helps a few.
During the lockdown here in DK, sailing has been the new craze. A lot of people have been buying boats in order to take up sailing, both competitive and as a leisure activity. It's a way to get out and be safe.
Of course boats are expensive and take up a lot of time to maintain and people suffering from PTSD often don't have a job, but have to live off a pension and that means they don't have that much money to spend, so it's good that at least some of them can use this boat and go sailing.

This is from memory. PTSD can come from many things. One such victim was a woman IIRC who was on pirate-patrol on a frigate. And for whatever reason she fell overboard.
That must be a pretty scary situation no matter who you are! A ship sails surprisingly fast. You think: 25 knots, that's only about 40 km or so, not much - except when it's sailing away from you...
I imagine you have time to think some creepy thoughts until the ships turns about and lower a boat.
Like: Has anyone seen me fall overboard?
Will they just sail on, to leave me here to drown eventually?
Sharks!
No one will ever know what happened to me. No closure for my loved ones.
- So no wonder she got PTSD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom